• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Last PASS ex Tennyson (for a while ... ) 3rd June

Started by ozbob, May 30, 2011, 13:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Quote from: timh on August 04, 2021, 14:27:49 PM
Here's my idea for a reopened Tennyson line. Mind you it's a bit foamy as obviously the State Govt. has bigger fish to fry. But I believe that the Tennyson line will be (operationally) easier than ever once 1) Cross River Rail opens, providing a dedicated conflict-free track at Yeerongpilly and 2) Inland Rail opens, reducing freight traffic from the Tennyson line.

See images below:

CORINDA STATION
Currently has a platform totally unused for the Tennyson line ready to go. Completely free of conflicts from the Springfield and Ipswich lines

SHERWOOD EAST STATION
Admittedly this is the foamiest part of my idea, but this spot at the Sherwood Road overpass near the Parklands development seems ripe for a TOD....

TENNYSON STATION
The existing station is too short, on a curve, and mostly demolished. A new station on the straight section just east of the Softstone Road overpass would be a suitable location.

YEERONGPILLY STATION
As you can see by the new track layout from the CRR documents, there will be a short, dedicated track coming from the Tennyson line that would be completely conflict free from Gold Coast and Beenleigh line trains. A new platform on the western side closest to Fairfield road also seems feasible within the existing rail corridor.

^ thanks Tim.  I will have a good look through it all later day.  Appreciate the effort.

:-t
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  Twitter  Mastodon - aus.social

ozbob

Couriermail --> Olympics train bid: New push to re-open southside rail line $

QuoteA new push to reopen the Corinda to Tennyson line to passenger trains before the Brisbane Olympics has fallen on deaf ears, with Transport Minister Mark Bailey insisting Cross River Rail will meet demand.

In 2010 the Beattie Labor Government cut passenger services to three in the morning and three in the afternoon, and then completely cut passenger services in 2011.

Since then the line has been used for freight only, despite a flood of medium to high density residential development in the past decade.

Councillor Nicole Johnston (Tennyson) and Greens MP Michael Berkman, whose state seat of Maiwar is just north of the area, said CRR was no substitute.

But Mr Bailey, whose state seat of Miller takes in Tennyson, said the area had too few people to justify reopening the line and it would also lead to "cascading'' delays throughout the southeast Queensland rail network. ...
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  Twitter  Mastodon - aus.social

­čí▒ ­čí│