• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Riverlink Shopping Centre

Started by achiruel, July 28, 2019, 13:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

achiruel

It was recently brought to my attention (by a friend that works there) that there is a lack of early morning bus services to Riverlink Shopping Centre in North Ipswich. Particularly on a Saturday morning, when apparently there's no buses before arriving before 7am. Shops open at 7am Saturdays now, so buses should be reviewed so workers can arrive on time. Apparently a number of routes on weekdays that serve Riverlink at other parts of the day avoid it in the early morning. This is really not good enough.

ozbob

^ thanks for that.  The entire Western region is in need of urgent review and reform. Improved span and frequency and timetable changes to allow a fighting chance of making connections. 
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

verbatim9

Quote from: achiruel on July 28, 2019, 13:03:25 PM
It was recently brought to my attention (by a friend that works there) that there is a lack of early morning bus services to Riverlink Shopping Centre in North Ipswich. Particularly on a Saturday morning, when apparently there's no buses before arriving before 7am. Shops open at 7am Saturdays now, so buses should be reviewed so workers can arrive on time. Apparently a number of routes on weekdays that serve Riverlink at other parts of the day avoid it in the early morning. This is really not good enough.
Quote from: ozbob on July 28, 2019, 13:14:52 PM
^ thanks for that.  The entire Western region is in need of urgent review and reform. Improved span and frequency and timetable changes to allow a fighting chance of making connections.
I brought this up nearly two years ago to ensure Public Transport services compliment deregulation of retail hours. Hence earlier and later services to meet the needs of retail workers on the weekends, as well as commuters wanting to go to those stores early or later by Public Transport.

achiruel

I agree regarding earlier & later services on Saturdays. Not sure about earlier services on Sundays as shops still don't open until 9am. Later would be good though, for customers using the cinemas and dining precincts.

verbatim9

Quote from: achiruel on July 28, 2019, 13:44:51 PM
I agree regarding earlier & later services on Saturdays. Not sure about earlier services on Sundays as shops still don't open until 9am. Later would be good though, for customers using the cinemas and dining precincts.
There also should be a permanent temporary timetable to cover extra late services for the week prior to Christmas. Stores can open until midnight while most services cease at 2300/2330.

🡱 🡳