• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Brisbane: Bus Electric Rapid Transit (' Brisbane Metro ')

Started by ozbob, March 04, 2017, 00:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverChased

Regarding councillors comment:
Want to go from South Brisbane, to South Bank, to Boggo Road and Buranda? There's several buses for that.
I understand some overlap for connections but the design is quite bad with several overlaps in a row.

Anyway that mess is already done. I hope they work on the north side where there is an actual gap in the train network. Maybe connecting to the north train network at the terminus instead (Carseldine was proposed).

I've just hopped on a BERT at 8MP with a grand total of 2 other people and was surprised by the expected travel time.
77/299/111/555 to Buranda: 12 minutes
169 to Buranda: 10 minutes where it used to be timetabled as slower than the other buses

This is now my fastest way towards the city. I wonder if this was done on purpose so it is preferenced by journey planner apps.

JimmyP

Quote from: timh on Today at 16:21:09 PM
Quote from: JimmyP on Today at 16:14:07 PMThere isn't enough desk left from the amount of  :frs: at the Councillor's comment.  :frs:

Also, if the bendy bus does get extended to Indro, that just solidifies the ridiculousness of transport in Brisbane. Absolutely ZERO reason it should be extended to Indro when there is a perfectly good railway, running at good frequencies all day every day, running the same route.

It's not running the same route though. If the busway linked to Indro it would create a proper east west link, and would mean students from Ipswich / Western suburbs could get to UQ and other destinations along the SE Busway (ie Griffith etc) without having to go through the city.

That being said, I don't see how they could possibly build a a Class A ROW busway through UQ to Indro. It would involve a ridiculously large tunnel through some pretty tough terrain. Needlessly expensive for a bus.

For an East West link to Toowong / Indro / UQ, I'd rather see the Brisbane Subway built, especially considering how much tunneling would be involved.

If via UQ to Indro, yes, that would be fine. I took Metro's comment as City to Indro (same as Coty to Chermside/Carindale).

🡱 🡳