• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Minor timetable changes May 6

Started by ozbob, May 03, 2013, 14:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

http://jp.translink.com.au/travel-information/service-updates/details/1367461148

Minor timetable changes for Cleveland line trains

On Monday 6 May, minor timetable changes are being made to some inbound afternoon trains on the Cleveland line to improve reliability:

the 3.52pm train will arrive at Central three minutes later at 4.58pm and continue to the Airport (instead of Ferny Grove)
    the 4.12pm train will arrive at Central three minutes later at 5.18pm and continue to Shorncliffe (instead of Ferny Grove)
    the 4.51pm train will arrive at Central three minutes later at 5.58pm and continue to Doomben (instead of Ferny Grove).

These three services will depart up to three minutes later from stations between Hemmant and the City, and will have minor impacts on the Ferny Grove, Shorncliffe, Doomben and Airport lines.

In addition, the 4.33pm train will depart up to two minutes later from stations between Cannon Hill and Buranda, before continuing as scheduled to the City.

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

http://jp.translink.com.au/travel-information/service-updates/details/1367456988

Two new morning trains for Richlands line

Last updated: 10.54am Friday 3 May 2013

Passengers travelling on the Richlands line will soon enjoy two new morning peak services.

From Monday 6 May, two morning services that currently depart from Darra will be extended to start at Richlands.

Stopping at all stations, these new services will depart at 7.18am and 7.27am and then continue as scheduled to Bowen Hills.
Station    Departs    Departs
Richlands    7.18am    7.27am
Darra    7.22am    7.34am
Oxley    7.25am    7.37am
Corinda    7.28am    7.40am
Sherwood    7.30am    7.42am
Graceville    7.32am    7.44am
Chelmer    7.34am    7.46am
Indooroopilly    7.36am    7.48am
Taringa    7.38am    7.50am
Toowong    7.41am    7.53am
Auchenflower    7.43am    7.55am
Milton    7.45am    7.57am
Roma Street    7.48am    8am
Central (arrives)    7.50am    8.02am
Central (departs)    7.52am    8.04am
Fortitude Valley    7.54am    8.08am
Bowen Hills (terminates)    7.56am    8.09am

ozbob

http://jp.translink.com.au/travel-information/service-updates/details/1367461148#fernygrove

Ferny Grove line

The outbound Ferny Grove services departing Central at 4.57pm, 5.17pm and 5.57pm will now start at Roma Street, rather than Cleveland.

Passengers travelling from stations between Cleveland and South Brisbane will need to change trains at Roma Street.

Shorncliffe line

The outbound train departing Central at 5.21pm will now start at Cleveland, rather than Roma Street.

Doomben line

The 4.51pm Cleveland train will now continue to Doomben, rather than Ferny Grove.

Airport line

The outbound train departing Central at 5pm will now start at Cleveland, rather than Roma Street.

It will still depart Central at 5pm, but provides an additional Airport service for passengers on the Cleveland line.

ozbob

Quote from: ozbob on May 03, 2013, 14:56:24 PM
http://jp.translink.com.au/travel-information/service-updates/details/1367456988

Two new morning trains for Richlands line

Last updated: 10.54am Friday 3 May 2013

Passengers travelling on the Richlands line will soon enjoy two new morning peak services.

From Monday 6 May, two morning services that currently depart from Darra will be extended to start at Richlands.

Stopping at all stations, these new services will depart at 7.18am and 7.27am and then continue as scheduled to Bowen Hills.
Station    Departs    Departs
Richlands    7.18am    7.27am
Darra    7.22am    7.34am
Oxley    7.25am    7.37am
Corinda    7.28am    7.40am
Sherwood    7.30am    7.42am
Graceville    7.32am    7.44am
Chelmer    7.34am    7.46am
Indooroopilly    7.36am    7.48am
Taringa    7.38am    7.50am
Toowong    7.41am    7.53am
Auchenflower    7.43am    7.55am
Milton    7.45am    7.57am
Roma Street    7.48am    8am
Central (arrives)    7.50am    8.02am
Central (departs)    7.52am    8.04am
Fortitude Valley    7.54am    8.08am
Bowen Hills (terminates)    7.56am    8.09am

http://translink.com.au/images/promotion/primary/480

Actually is a pic at Richlands ...  :-t

somebody

I think the Cleveland line changes are overdue, if they are changing the trains I am thinking of, which are always late and re-rostered to a different destination anyway.

petey3801

Quote from: Simon on May 03, 2013, 15:11:35 PM
I think the Cleveland line changes are overdue, if they are changing the trains I am thinking of, which are always late and re-rostered to a different destination anyway.

Agreed, will give much better reliability for these services, and should reduce congestion on the radio at these times with Control not needing to shuffle these trains around all the time anymore!
All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect those held by my employer.

SurfRail

Good moves.

Richlands is going to need some more trains bedded in by the time Springfield is open...
Ride the G:

Golliwog

Quote from: Simon on May 03, 2013, 15:11:35 PM
Agree. I remember from uni when I used to catch one or two of these service (by chance more than planning) and they'd change destination crossing the river virtually every time. Annoying that there's fewer through services to FG from Park Rd, but changing at Roma St isn't hard, and at least this way the PID's will be being truthful about the destination.
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

BrizCommuter

1. Why weren't these Richlands trains starting from Richland's in first place? It seemed like odd timetabling to have Darra starters.

2. I see the new .pdf /paper timetables have failed to be published prior to the timetable introduction (again). With direct access from South Bank to Ferny Grove being removed from a few services, resulting in passengers having to connect to a later Ferny Grove train, the failure to produce the new timetables is unacceptable.

3. There is a mistake (or two) on TransLink's website about this service change.

SurfRail

Quote from: BrizCommuter on May 04, 2013, 07:28:14 AM
1. Why weren't these Richlands trains starting from Richland's in first place? It seemed like odd timetabling to have Darra starters.

Perhaps Petey or somebody else in the know can confirm, but is this simply because the services were being operated by trains coming from the Ipswich or Redbank yards?
Ride the G:

petey3801

The 0732? departure from Darra is formed by an empty from Redbank yard (note: An earlier train runs empty Redbank to Corinda, turnback empty to RHD to form a service of Richlands, which is what the old 0732 ex DAR will now be doing).
The other one is a 3-car empty from the City (not sure if it comes from Mayne or if it's a working from the north somewhere). Why they weren't originally run from Darra? No idea, to be honest!

No new paper timetables as yet - The TN (Train Notice - WTT alteration) didn't even come out in the internal system until late last night! Not much chance of new paper timetables when even the traincrew etc get such late notice! (Not that that's a good thing, of course. It is pretty p!ss poor...).

BrizCommuter

These timetable changes also haven't been applied to the journey planner.  :conf

somebody

Quote from: petey3801 on May 04, 2013, 11:50:17 AM
An earlier train runs empty Redbank to Corinda, turnback empty to RHD to form a service of Richlands, which is what the old 0732 ex DAR will now be doing
Why's it necessary to go to Corinda?  Surely you can turn around at Darra 1/2

ozbob

Yes, I wondered about that too.

Train could cross to the up sub at Darra West into platform one road, reverse out to Richlands.

Could also come into Darra on the down sub down platform two road, pass platform two, reverse, cross back into platform one road and onto Richlands.

When we were observing driver training before the actual opening they did that regularly.

DayboroStation

Meanwhile, counter-peak and off-peak Richlands (and Ipswich) services will still have to put up with just 30 minute frequency.

petey3801

Quote from: Simon on May 07, 2013, 10:08:07 AM
Quote from: petey3801 on May 04, 2013, 11:50:17 AM
An earlier train runs empty Redbank to Corinda, turnback empty to RHD to form a service of Richlands, which is what the old 0732 ex DAR will now be doing
Why's it necessary to go to Corinda?  Surely you can turn around at Darra 1/2

I think it's basically done to get them out of the way. It would also depend on what trains are already out at Richlands and whether there would be enough room for the extra ones to sit out there for the extra time or not.

BrizCommuter

Still no new timetables available, and no updates in journey planner. TransLink and QR are excelling themselves in mediocrity again!

Fares_Fair

Quote from: BrizCommuter on May 08, 2013, 17:01:32 PM
Still no new timetables available, and no updates in journey planner. TransLink and QR are excelling themselves in mediocrity again!

Gazza sent a tweet to QR and TransLink, asking the question.
QR's understandable response was to send it on to TransLink.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

Cam

Quote from: BrizCommuter on May 06, 2013, 19:52:40 PM
These timetable changes also haven't been applied to the journey planner.  :conf

During recent track work on the Ipswich Line, the journey planner indicated passengers should change at Roma Street for a Beenleigh/Cleveland/Gold Coast service to South Bank even though the service from Ipswich stopped at South Bank & South Brisbane on the way to Roma Street.  :fp:

HappyTrainGuy

The JP doesn't know how to calculate closure routes so it would give the same information as if the train was going via Milton instead. The same happens with bus re-routes due to road closures. Try to get to a stop on a road closure and it will despite not being able to actually get there eg 325 going through Geebung when the level crossing is closed.

SurfRail

That's just laziness.  Even Sydney can get this stuff right with railbus timetables actually appearing when you search.
Ride the G:

somebody

Quote from: SurfRail on May 09, 2013, 11:41:05 AM
That's just laziness.  Even Sydney can get this stuff right with railbus timetables actually appearing when you search.
They're the only ones that do, to my knowledge.  I expect it's not particularly easy to program in interruptions to the journey planner.

BrizCommuter

Still no new .pdf, paper, or poster timetables. Pathetic!

BrizCommuter

Still waiting. QR? TransLink? Anyone out there?

BrizCommuter

Now more than a month and the paper, .pdf, and station timetables are still incorrect!  :steam:

🡱 🡳