• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Can you eat & drink on Melbourne Metro Trains?

Started by BrizCommuter, September 21, 2012, 20:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrizCommuter

Does anyone know if you can eat & drink on Melbourne Metro trains?
BrizCommuter can't find the answer in google or on Metro's website.

ozbob

I think you can from my observations (non-alcohol), but I will try to chase it up for you.
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

SurfRail

CityRail and Metro are both the same on that point I believe.

I think Perth is the same as us.  Not sure about Adelaide.
Ride the G:

somebody

In practice you can eat or drink whatever you want on a QLD train including alcohol.  The enforcement is that bad.

ozbob

Quote from: ozbob on September 22, 2012, 03:58:18 AM
I think you can from my observations (non-alcohol), but I will try to chase it up for you.

I checked with Daniel Bowen (PTUA) and he has confirmed pax allowed to eat and drink (no alcohol) on trams and trains in Melbourne, but most bus companies do not permit.

ozbob

Adelaide

http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/general/frequently-asked-questions#23

Quote23. Am I permitted to eat or drink on board Adelaide Metro buses, trains or trams?
The consumption of food and drinks is not permitted on board any bus, train or tram in the Adelaide Metro public transport system.

somebody

Quote from: ozbob on September 22, 2012, 12:36:10 PM
Adelaide

http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/general/frequently-asked-questions#23

Quote23. Am I permitted to eat or drink on board Adelaide Metro buses, trains or trams?
The consumption of food and drinks is not permitted on board any bus, train or tram in the Adelaide Metro public transport system.
Not sure why this is a good thing, requiring a PT fact.

ozbob

somebody

I say it is bad.  Annoying to not be able to jump on your train with your food and finish eating it.

Gazza

Yeah but people drop it everywhere and leave crumbs, which is even more annoying.

I think water should be allowed everywhere though.

PS Bob, why are members blocked from commenting on the PT fact of the day by having the topic locked? How do those who don't use twitter join the conversation on here? What if we want to suggest a fact?

somebody

That would be your opinion, that it is more annoying.

ozbob

Quote from: Gazza on September 22, 2012, 18:43:40 PM
Yeah but people drop it everywhere and leave crumbs, which is even more annoying.

PS Bob, why are members blocked from commenting on the PT fact of the day by having the topic locked? How do those who don't use twitter join the conversation on here? What if we want to suggest a fact?

Because it is a twitter blog.  If some one wants to comment start a thread ... or start your own ...

BrizCommuter

Quote from: ozbob on September 22, 2012, 10:39:04 AM
Quote from: ozbob on September 22, 2012, 03:58:18 AM

I checked with Daniel Bowen (PTUA) and he has confirmed pax allowed to eat and drink (no alcohol) on trams and trains in Melbourne, but most bus companies do not permit.

Thanks for the info.

HappyTrainGuy

It might be annoying for you that you can't finish eating your maccas that you bought at Central before getting on the train but you don't have to clean up the mess of a thousand others that have chosen to do the same thing, accidently spilt their drink/dropped food/left food behind along with the normal gathering of dirt, dust, hair, toenail clippings, rubbish eg gum wrappers/receipts/paper tickets/junk. I dare you to put your bare hand between the seats and have a good feel around. Hopefully you choose a seat that hasn't been wet previously >:D >:D >:D

Gazza

Quote from: ozbob on September 22, 2012, 19:07:40 PM
Quote from: Gazza on September 22, 2012, 18:43:40 PM

Because it is a twitter blog.  If some one wants to comment start a thread ... or start your own ...
I thought it'd just make more sense to do it all in the one thread?

ozbob

Yes understand that point of view, but it is such a wide range of potential topics and I want to keep the #ptfact list as a simple uncluttered list.  I will place a thread for discussions on #ptfact, and people can comment/suggest/pontificate/and generally have a great time!

:D :D :D

🡱 🡳