• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

How do you rate the Assistant Minister for Public Transport's first six months?

Started by ozbob, September 20, 2012, 16:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How do you rate the Assistant Minister for Public Transport's first six months?

10 out of 10
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (9.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (9.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (18.2%)
7 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: October 11, 2012, 16:39:09 PM

ozbob

Steve Minnikin
Member for Chatsworth

Steve Minnikin, Member for Chatsworth Steve Minnikin is the Assistant Minister for Public Transport

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/About-us/Our-organisation/Ministers.aspx
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

SurfRail

Who?

No offence to him, but I wouldn't know him from a bar of soap.  Emerson gets all the air-time.
Ride the G:

Fares_Fair

Quote from: SurfRail on September 20, 2012, 17:16:38 PM
Who?

No offence to him, but I wouldn't know him from a bar of soap.  Emerson gets all the air-time.

:-r
That was going to be my precise response, and for the exact reason you gave SR.
No offence to him also.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

Otto

Ditto.. How do you rate someone you never hear about ? zero ?
I only ever hear about Scott Emerson..
7 years at Bayside Buses
33 years at Transport for Brisbane
Retired and got bored.
1 year at Town and Country Coaches and having a ball !

Golliwog

Quote from: Otto on September 20, 2012, 18:48:59 PM
Ditto.. How do you rate someone you never hear about ? zero ?
I only ever hear about Scott Emerson..
I just did a quick ministerial media statement search and since they got in, he's made 2 releases. One about minor Ipswich bus timetable changes that were implemented on the 16th July and another about the Newman governments commitment to the Carindale Park n' Ride (which is meant to open soon?)

This compares to 84 releases from Mr Emerson. How much extra does a politician get paid to be an Assistant Minister?
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ozbob

Apart from the local electorate porkie (Carindale park n' ride) our Assistant Minister is  ... MIA ... 

Where are you?
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

Mr X

0/10

Absolutely useless twit. What credentials does this person have to justify this position???
The user once known as Happy Bus User (HBU)
The opinions contained within my posts and profile are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of the greater Rail Back on Track community.

Golliwog

For now I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to Mr Emerson potentially hogging the stage. But honestly, things like the Ferny Grove off peak upgrade should have been done by the PT minister. If he doesn't pick up his game soon and show that there is actually a need for an assistant minister though, then serious questions really do need to be asked about whether we actually need him.

That said, I'm well aware that # of media releases issued is not really a good measure of whats getting done, but if he's doing the work then he should get some of the 'glory' of putting his name to it.
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

🡱 🡳