• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

SEQ Bus Network Review

Started by ozbob, September 04, 2012, 02:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

To be frank, we seem to be the only people prepared to actually attempt to explain what is really going with the network improvements.

Yes, some issues and these are being addressed, but every route change is there for a reason.

This is is classic example of what happens when the transit agency and government don't really seem to care too much with getting the public on board.  As usual, think they can simply impart a top down approach as usual ...

May as well can it all.  And just keep ramping fares  and abandon any real notion of improving the network. As bus failure worsens, the rail network continues its slide into chronic failure, fares continue to climb each year beyond the reach of many, the public might then realise, albeit far too late that they were used as political dummies ...

<-- Brisbane
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

ozbob

Email from BCC 19th March 2013

Dear residents,

The State Government's review of the South-East Queensland bus network has resulted in some significant changes to Brisbane bus routes and services. If you haven' t done so already, I encourage you to visit the TransLink website and check to see how the proposed changes might affect you. There are both winners and losers with this review.

The State Government is currently seeking public consultation - this is your opportunity to have your say. The consultation period has also been extended and now closes on 7 April 2013. If you do have concerns about how your local bus route has been affected, I urge you to lodge a submission to TransLink without delay.

You can do this in a number of ways:

Fill out an online survey on the TransLink website

Phone
Call TransLink on 13 12 30 and register your comments

Mail
Write to TransLink at GPO Box 50, Brisbane Qld 4001         

Last week in Council, all Councillors formally urged the State Government to reconsider the proposed route changes that will have a significant impact on Brisbane residents, in particular, seniors, the infirm and those with mobility issues such as students.

I along with other Councillors will be lodging submissions on behalf of the residents of Brisbane who share our concerns about these changes.

Graham Quirk
LORD MAYOR

#Metro

^ like I said, we all know who really runs and plans PT in brisbane. Its not translink. The minister has no spine, simply blaming TL. One you say yes to 172, then people will expect the second coming of noahs ark.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

ozbob

Seems hardly worth the effort any more ...

The first people I would have briefed fully re changes would have been BCC in full.  Sorted out any misconceptions long before public release.  No, they cannot even do that properly.

The great shame here is it is the public that is really going to suffer with the bastardised outcomes, the pollys have their cars, drivers and gold passes.   

It was a good plan based on correct principles, but their political expertise and manner is zero ....  done like a dinner.

somebody

Quote from: tramtrain on March 19, 2013, 16:13:36 PM
^ like I said, we all know who really runs and plans PT in brisbane. Its not translink. The minister has no spine, simply blaming TL. One you say yes to 172, then people will expect the second coming of noahs ark.
So they should have axed the 172?

Quote from: ozbob on March 19, 2013, 16:19:42 PM
Seems hardly worth the effort any more ...

The first people I would have briefed fully re changes would have been BCC in full.  Sorted out any misconceptions long before public release.  No, they cannot even do that properly.

The great shame here is it is the public that is really going to suffer with the bastardised outcomes, the pollys have their cars, drivers and gold passes.   

It was a good plan based on correct principles, but their political expertise and manner is zero ....  done like a dinner.
I'm not inclined to pre-judge the ultimate outcome.

ozbob

Kind of ironical and comical that those who created the mess want to fight to retain it ... and actually condemning their constituency to more transport pain, escalating fares, and failure ...

#Metro

Simon, what is the justification of running 172 all the way to the CBD when all that is required its a shuttle service between the hospital and the busway which is fully DDA compliant and is actually faster.

No Spine!

some of the worst routes in brisbane 192, 198 etc are being held up in some holy light. translink and auckland transport were given identical tasks at the same time, produced near identical recommendations. the auckland bus review has good public support. ONLY IN QUEENSLAND.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

ozbob

BCC obviously still sees TransLink as an ALP tainted anti-christ ...

somebody

Quote from: tramtrain on March 19, 2013, 16:40:43 PM
Simon, what is the justification of running 172 all the way to the CBD when all that is required its a shuttle service between the hospital and the busway which is fully DDA compliant and is actually faster.

No Spine!

some of the worst routes in brisbane 192, 198 etc are being held up in some holy light. translink and auckland transport were given identical tasks at the same time, produced near identical recommendations. the auckland bus review has good public support. ONLY IN QUEENSLAND.
They could knock it back to W'Gabba, and that would be fair enough.  That would save stuff all kms though!

ozbob

I like the 172, I always know I  can choose a seat to my liking, mostly any seat actually ... lol

:-t

ozbob

Ipswich region has been too quiet re bus review.  We need a campaign to double all bus frequencies ... only fair hey?

Sunshine Coast needs to ramped up as well ... particularly the hinterland services ...

meanwhile ...

=========

Twitter

Nine News Brisbane ‏@9NewsBrisbane

Brisbane residents begin a colourful protest against @TransLinkSEQ bus route changes. @ShaneDoherty_9 #9NEWSat6

http://t.co/HYw1ijlRJ4

Gazza

Quote from: tramtrain on March 19, 2013, 16:40:43 PM

No Spine!

The 192 should stay in some form due to Dornoch Tce needing service. I personally would've extended the Cityglider, but meh, going to the PA works well too.

The 172 is a coverage route though, it fills in the gap between the two new frequent routes in a fairly hilly area, so I don't have much hatred for it...And it might as well swing by the hospital.

I actually said both of these things in my feedback anyway. I'm not particularly upset that they "backflipped" on these two.

198 should just be replaced by flexitaxis.

HappyTrainGuy

I hope they don't put cr%p all over my bus stop

ozbob

Quote from: HappyTrainGuy on March 19, 2013, 17:02:14 PM
I hope they don't put cr%p all over my bus stop

Hardly worth the effort on mine, leave our bus stop alone you raggers!  it is all we have got ...   :pr

PS. Did I ever tell you I have to walk up a hill ...to get there, shocking I know ...

#Metro

Mr emerson should come clean and tell us if the next fare rise is 7.5 % or 37.5 % to fund all these air routes.

ozbob

hello hello ...

===============

Twitter

1m SteveMinnikinMP SteveMinnikinMP ‏@SteveMinnikinMP

About to speak on the Bus Network Review in State Parliament early tonight. Member for Sth Brisbane has a Private Members' Motion. #qldpol

HappyTrainGuy

Quote from: ozbob on March 19, 2013, 17:08:56 PM

Oooooooooooo look at you. Someone's living the highlife with their fancy high quality slab of cement. What... too good for grass like what I have to put up with hahaha. Uh oh. LEAVE MY GRASS ALONE YOU BUS SHELTER FABRIC WRAPPING HIPPIES  :-r :-r

ozbob

HappyTrainGuy

ozbob

Quote from: HappyTrainGuy on March 19, 2013, 17:29:20 PM
Quote from: ozbob on March 19, 2013, 17:08:56 PM

Oooooooooooo look at you. Someone's living the highlife with their fancy high quality slab of cement. What... too good for grass like what I have to put up with hahaha. Uh oh. LEAVE MY GRASS ALONE YOU BUS SHELTER FABRIC WRAPPING HIPPIES  :-r :-r

I know, we are the 'haves' here on the 524, and wait for it ..... there is a water bubbler over in the park, see the shed in the distance ...  when the bus doesn't show, we can always go and have a drink of water to while away the next hour ...  grouse hey??

HappyTrainGuy

You're living the life mate.

ozbob

Quote from: HappyTrainGuy on March 19, 2013, 17:33:49 PM
Quote from: ozbob on March 19, 2013, 17:32:01 PM
Member for South Brisbane Ms Trad is speaking in Parliament now ...

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/en/work-of-assembly/broadcast-chamber/live?&broadcast_accept=1

Here's hoping some common sense will be on show.

Good speech by Ms Trad.  Hansard later ...  even if drawing on emotions.

Leader of the opposition on now ...

ozbob

Minister for Transport on now ..

Gazza

Quote from: tramtrain on March 19, 2013, 17:16:24 PM
Mr emerson should come clean and tell us if the next fare rise is 7.5 % or 37.5 % to fund all these air routes.
Why would the 192 be an air route though? It has high population density. If the Cityglider were extended to replace it, it would do well.

I'm not feeling particularly upset. The 411 should have stayed, as should have the 416 in the absence of the 470 going to west toowong.

The 381, no strong feelings either way. The gap is actually pretty big geographically (Similar in surface area to Centenary)...The 385 and 381 could be redesigned to each do one side of the suburb, with one coming to the city via Musgrave Rd, and the other via Latrobe Tce.

In effect, similar to the two buz stratergy we once proposed for the Centenary.

Strange how similar they are.

ozbob

Quote from: HappyTrainGuy on March 19, 2013, 17:36:52 PM
You're living the life mate.

Yeah, don't tell anyone, hate to have to contend with full buses at Curnow, oh, the pain ... another hour ...

ozbob

Member for Ipswich West now ...

Highlighting the Ipswich FlexiLink debacle ...  no surprise ...

"Saving the 514, inspired me to run for parliament " or words to that effect ...

No adverse impact with the 512/513 merger, 529 to continue ...

All round good news story re Ipswich, as I posted earlier .. lol

NO  WE WANT DOUBLE BUS FREQUENCY ...   :P

James

http://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/en/work-of-assembly/broadcast-chamber/live?&broadcast_accept=1

All the ALP seems to be doing is advocating welfare services. If these services were so important, maybe they'd actually be used by more than a few people. Bus services are for transporting people, not meeting your elderly friends. Flexitaxis should be considered to replace the 198 really. But on that note, none of these changes are really back downs. Restoration of the 411 (something which I, for obvious reasons, am happy about), ensuring peak-hour P443s remain, restoration of a link to West Toowong and possibly restoration of the 192 are all common sense moves. West End Ferry to PAH via Dornoch Terrace covers the main things quite well.

On the note of the removal of the BUZ standard on the 100, the residents of Inala do not deserve a direct bus service to the CBD, especially given the proximity (and speed) of the rail network to Inala Bus Station. It makes far more sense to feed services from zone 5 (!) into rail or trunk bus routes. And the 100 hasn't disappeared either, it's just operating on reduced frequency. People who depend on it can still use it.
Is it really that hard to run frequent, reliable public transport?

ozbob

Member for Woodridge on now ...

ozbob

Quote from: SaveOurBus on March 19, 2013, 17:56:00 PM

All the ALP seems to be doing is advocating welfare services. If these services were so important, maybe they'd actually be used by more than a few people. Bus services are for transporting people, not meeting your elderly friends. Flexitaxis should be considered to replace the 198 really. But on that note, none of these changes are really back downs. Restoration of the 411 (something which I, for obvious reasons, am happy about), ensuring peak-hour P443s remain, restoration of a link to West Toowong and possibly restoration of the 192 are all common sense moves. West End Ferry to PAH via Dornoch Terrace covers the main things quite well.

On the note of the removal of the BUZ standard on the 100, the residents of Inala do not deserve a direct bus service to the CBD, especially given the proximity (and speed) of the rail network to Inala Bus Station. It makes far more sense to feed services from zone 5 (!) into rail or trunk bus routes. And the 100 hasn't disappeared either, it's just operating on reduced frequency. People who depend on it can still use it.

Well summed up, the 100 will still be running but at a reduced frequency.  Bulk will go via rail if they are smart ...

Gazza

Don't cut the 180 ? ? ? ? ? ?
http://www.change.org/petitions/translink-queensland-and-queensland-state-government-don-t-cut-the-180-bus-route

WTF, the new routes replace it entirely, and are much better.

Can they not read a map and see how the new routes work?

:frs:

ozbob

Member for Murrumba on now ..

talking up the gains up North, encourages Minister to stay on course ...

ozbob

Member for Bundamba  Ms Miller,  good show really stirring them up a bit but not based on fact really emotion,  referring to other routes in various electorates, not that much wrong out our way really ...

Ms Miller has got worked up a bit bout the 522/530 merger ...

Ms Miller is skating a bit ...

HappyTrainGuy

Quote from: Gazza on March 19, 2013, 17:58:09 PM
Don't cut the 180 ? ? ? ? ? ?
http://www.change.org/petitions/translink-queensland-and-queensland-state-government-don-t-cut-the-180-bus-route

WTF, the new routes replace it entirely, and are much better.

Can they not read a map and see how the new routes work?

:frs:

SAVE THE 314!

ozbob

Member for Mount Ommaney now ...

ozbob

Member for Yeerongpilly now ...

ozbob

Member for Chatsworth, the Assistant Minister for Public Transport ... on the attack ..

" Opportunity to build a better bus network ... "

" We started with a blank piece of paper ...  "

Going through the performance statistics, not good those ... 

ozbob

Debate finished, a division ( ::) ) called ...

somebody

Quote from: ozbob on March 19, 2013, 18:26:31 PM
Debate finished, a division ( ::) ) called ...
On Jackie Trad's anti-privatisation motion?

ozbob

Yes, was ammended, then final vote. 

🡱 🡳