• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

SEQ Bus Network Review

Started by ozbob, September 04, 2012, 02:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

The web page for the bus review has been improved, broken up into route sections, and avoids the massive server load/delay with the original page structure .. super simple stuff!   :P
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

beauyboy

I have just finished putting in my submissions. Considering the number of routes I use it was a two hour  :-ordeal but atlease I can say I put my two cents in (or should that be five cents  :co3)

Donald
www.space4cyclingbne.com
www.cbdbug.org.au

#Metro

QuoteThe web page for the bus review has been improved, broken up into route sections, and avoids the massive server load/delay with the original page structure .. super simple stuff!

I have to say, I am surprised at how well TL is handling this absolutely gigantic, complicated review. They're actually doing a good job!
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

#Metro

QuoteWhere does Nicole Johnston think there will be places that are 2km from a bus in her ward that aren't already?

I wonder if even Nicole knows where all the bus routes go in her ward!

Good news that the 196 is likely to be extended to Yeronga. That's an idea straight off this forum.
That will save up to a whopping 45 minutes in journey times (vs hourly 105) for Yeronga Residents and the absolutely MASSIVE expansion in service hours, the people of Yeronga will not know what hit them when decent services reach their area!
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

ozbob

Sent to all outlets:

15th December 2012

Bus review - stage 2 finishing up on Monday 17th Dec 2012

Greetings,

Thanks for the support in highlighting the stage 2 bus review and encouraging passengers to provide feedback.

Online feedback finishes midnight on Monday 17 December -->  http://translink.com.au/travel-information/service-updates/seq-bus-network-review

Still time for those who have almost missed the bus!

Best wishes
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org
RAIL Back On Track http://backontrack.org

achiruel

Quote from: nathandavid88 on December 14, 2012, 13:27:34 PM
As an aside, the Fay Hicks mentioned in the article I've see often in the letters to the editor section campaigning for an all day Beenleigh – Brisbane bus route (including dragging the 555 to Beenleigh). She seems to have forgotten about this interesting place in Beenleigh called a train station!  ::)

I think the important thing is a decent connection between Beenleigh & the Hyperdome, not necessarily done by a 555 extension.  The 562 does too many back streets and is too slow (32 minutes) to be really useful, the 553 is a fair bit better (18 minutes) and the 565 best of all (10 minutes) however the 553 and 565 both only run hourly and the 553 finishes around 5pm Mon-Sat & 4pm on Sun.

However there are plans to cut the operating hours of both of these routes, which I don't think is a good idea.  Sure patronage may be low right now but you don't drive patronage growth by cutting services!

Yet they seem to want to persist with stupid route variations like the 171, why does it need to go along Wishart Rd & Hillgrove St, rather than just follow Newnham Rd like the 170 does? I'm not even sure why the 171 exists to be honest, it's not really a rocket as it doesn't skip any stops that the 170 stops at (other than those it doesn't pass), it just happens to follow a different route through the CBD and into the Valley, and the both seem to take ~42 minutes from GC to CBD.

ozbob

Media release 16th December 2012

SEQ Bus Review stage 2 feedback closes midnight 17th December 2012

RAIL Back On Track (http://backontrack.org) a web based community support group for rail and public transport and an advocate for public transport passengers has highlighted stage 2 of the SEQ Bus review.

"Most of our individual member feedback can be found on our forum at http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?board=39.0 and within our Media Releases http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?board=19.0 Some members have taken the time to extensively and comprehensively comment on the network and put these into documents for direct download.

"Our 'Core Frequent Network' model for a 'Do it yourself' bus review for those who have access to Google Maps (editing) and Google Earth (viewing) are also still available here   http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=8959.0

"The planning background to much of our feedback can be found here http://www.humantransit.org/basics/and key concepts on our case for more frequency, frequency mapping, the bus grid and why connections rather than direct trips are essential.

"We look forward to the next stages of the review, thank you and keep up the good work."

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org
RAIL Back On Track http://backontrack.org

References:

Frequency
http://www.humantransit.org/2010/03/illusions-of-travel-time-in-transit-promotion.html

Frequency Mapping
http://www.humantransit.org/2010/08/basics-the-case-for-frequency-mapping.html

Bus Grids and Simplification
http://www.humantransit.org/cuts/
http://www.humantransit.org/2009/11/san-francisco-cuts-for-effectiveness.html
http://www.humantransit.org/2010/02/the-power-and-pleasure-of-grids.html
http://www.humantransit.org/2010/03/sydney-grid-networks-for-gridless-cities.html

Connected networks
http://www.humantransit.org/2009/04/why-transferring-is-good-for-you-and-good-for-your-city.html

Gazza

Final day, but has anyone else given feedback on the 740 and its crappy rail to bus connection?

I love it how they say its 23 minutes between bus and connecting train....ermmm, no, you've actually made us miss the train by 7 minutes.

ozbob

612 ABC Brisbane  Breakfast with Spencer Howson

Assistant Public Transport Minister & A/Dep DG Translink about proposed bus route changes  on very shortly ..

Better late than never I guess ...

ozbob

Should be up on the blog later today hopefully ..

Background by Assistant Minister, declining patronage,  many bus routes not looked at for over 20 years.

ADDG  fine tuning, not a radical overhaul, invest in services people using, growing patronage. Simplifying the network  ..

Talk back callers

Maroon City Glider - proposal they are working on with BCC, ADDG had a straight bat ... stated old route ..

Question feedback processes other than online .. if people not on line how do they know?

Kelvin Grove caller - 360 361  routing variation suggestion

Break for 5 minutes or so ..

Back  ... Spencer summarised some truncation changes and examples .. no always single seat any more

Network more frequent, more efficient, truncations fleet better utilised.

SH 7 passengers benchmark?  Suggested routes that might go?  Other factors other than just pax as such.

Council subsidisation might preserve routes ..  Gold Coast some N buses at risk?  Setting up bus network to support future light rail ..

Callers

Island resident says last review put people back into cars.  Example, town centre Victoria Point closed bus stop.

Bardon caller 371 last services to early ...

Nicole Johnston Cr - cut to 107/108 reduction in services 105  particularly concerned about Yeronga West ...  196 may be extended, where?
Access issues at local rail stations.

Question on prepaid, more?

Ended ...

Fattious

Quote from: ozbob on December 05, 2012, 08:29:29 AM
Sources have suggested that route for the Maroon City Glider has now been varied to run from Langlands Park to Ashgrove and is to be introduced February 2013. An improvement on the original proposal, but still one that duplicates already high frequency bus services on busways. 

Good update Bob.

I called 612ABC this morning to confirm the Eastern W'Gabba vs Bulimba and North/Western Paddington vs Ashgrove route. Mat Longland (Translink) and Steve Mitagan  (Transport)  were taking calls. While we didn't discuss Bulimba, one of them did confirm the route is designed to go "across the suburbs" from Stones Corner and cover Lang Park". Looks like the North/Western destination has not been finalised yet.

ozbob

Heard your call and qestion , good on you  8).  They played it with a straight bat, yes still being sorted (well at least publicly)  ...   ;)

#Metro

Nicole Johnston Cr - cut to 107/108 reduction in services 105  particularly concerned about Yeronga West ...  196 may be extended, where?

What services? LOL
So few of these run that BUZification is very good in comparison.

ozbob

612 ABC Brisbane

Breakfast with Spencer Howson

Last chance for say on proposed bus route changes

It's the second and last round to have your say on the SEQ Bus Network Review*, which ends at midnight.

To answer your questions or take your suggestions are Matt Longland Translink's Acting Deputy Director General and Steve Minnikin, Assistant Minister for Transport:

Click --> here!

#Metro

Geez they must be sweating!

196 Yeronga BUZ

They can always do a hairpin in Yeronga - I think in via Kadumba Street is best to put the 196 down because it has density on both sides of the road. North of hyde road is floodplain so no houses are there. Once an hour you could get a bus to extend and terminate outside the aged care home by travelling up Hyde road and terminate it in Venner road outside the aged care home.

#Metro

I'm surprised that they didn't interview you Ozbob!!

ozbob

Quote from: tramtrain on December 17, 2012, 08:51:59 AM
I'm surprised that they didn't interview you Ozbob!!

No need,  I was tweeting away ... lol

nathandavid88

Quote from: achiruel on December 16, 2012, 07:03:37 AM
Quote from: nathandavid88 on December 14, 2012, 13:27:34 PM
As an aside, the Fay Hicks mentioned in the article I've see often in the letters to the editor section campaigning for an all day Beenleigh – Brisbane bus route (including dragging the 555 to Beenleigh). She seems to have forgotten about this interesting place in Beenleigh called a train station!  ::)

I think the important thing is a decent connection between Beenleigh & the Hyperdome, not necessarily done by a 555 extension.  The 562 does too many back streets and is too slow (32 minutes) to be really useful, the 553 is a fair bit better (18 minutes) and the 565 best of all (10 minutes) however the 553 and 565 both only run hourly and the 553 finishes around 5pm Mon-Sat & 4pm on Sun.

However there are plans to cut the operating hours of both of these routes, which I don't think is a good idea.  Sure patronage may be low right now but you don't drive patronage growth by cutting services!

Agreed, better Loganholme–Beenleigh connections are something that would be very beneficial to the area, especially with the growing population down there thanks to the higher density developments appearing in the area. The cuts to these two services aren't concerning me too much as yet because I've had a long running issue with the late night one-way service of the 553 (running only from Loganholme to Beenleigh hourly from 6:40pm to 10:40pm) and 565 (running only from Beenleigh to Loganholme hourly from 7:00pm to 10:00pm).

I would much rather see a shorter finishing time (say, 7pm to 8pm) if it meant that the last services run in both directions (and preferably run the full route), rather than the last southbound 565 to Windaroo leaving at 4pm, and the last northbound 553 leaving Beenleigh at 5:15pm, but the reverse running until 10pm+. I'm thinking that the route changes to a lot of Logan routes will just be addressing unusual, short running services like these (I'm hoping at least!)

ozbob

From the Brisbanetimes click here!

Deadline looms for comments on bus changes

QuoteDeadline looms for comments on bus changes
December 17, 2012 - 3:01PM
Katherine Feeney

Bus users in Brisbane have until midnight tonight to make their feelings known about changes to operations proposed as part of the state government's south-east Queensland bus network review.

The period of public consultation for stage two of the review will close from Tuesday as the project enters its third and final stage before the final report is handed down next year.

But results from stage one reveal a raft of route changes likely to come into effect, including the removal of several Brisbane services due to low patronage numbers, duplication or the need to reallocate resources to other parts of the network.

Brisbane routes nominated for removal include the 465, 436 P374, 283, 268, 259, 256, P151, 114, 108 and 107; fewer than seven people were found to be using the 256, 259 and 268 services a day on average.

The proposed $9 million Maroon Glider service - set to connect Lang Park to the Gabba - will also affect existing services, including the removal of the P374 route and changes to where the 375 service travels.

Robert Dow, spokesman for public transport advocate Rail Back on Track, said the review was necessary, though some of the early recommendations – including the Maroon Glider – were misguided.

"We have detailed the grounds of our objections to the Maroon CityGlider extensively," Mr Dow said. "Simply put, the Maroon CityGlider will cannibalise existing patronage from existing overlapping and adjacent routes, meaning more money overall is spent to carry the same people."

Translink acting deputy director general Matt Longland told 612 ABC Brisbane on Monday the Maroon CityGlider, which takes up the successful high-frequency CityGlider concept, was still a proposal in development with Brisbane City Council.

"The plan would be to connect the Lang Park Suncorp Stadium precinct through Paddington and then across city to terminate at Stones Corner," Mr Longland said.

"That service is one we're working on in the planning phase at this stage."

Mr Longland said the review was aimed at simplifying the network, and was brought about by a decline in passenger numbers across the 440 bus routes managed by Translink, some of which have not been assessed in more than 20 years.

He said it could result in an overall reduction of services offered throughout Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Ipswich, but that "sacred cow" services, including those connecting to hospitals and universities, were unlikely to be tampered with.

Assistant Minister for Public Transport Steve Minnikin said the bus review would build a better network through additional frequency and reliability of services.

"In Brisbane we want corridors between the CBD and Chermside, Indooroopilly, Mains Road and Carindale, which are so frequent that timetables are no longer required – similar to the CityGlider," he said.

"The review recommends better services and better co-ordination of services between the CBD and Bulimba."

Patron feedback was crucial to the review's success, Mr Minnikin said.

"During the first round, we received feedback covering 80 per cent of all routes," he said. "That has been incorporated into the second round and by last Friday 8000 people had viewed the proposals, leaving 1300 pieces of feedback.''

Patrons can give their comments at the Translink website until midnight tonight.

Recommended changes for Brisbane's bus routes

Route: 66

Service improvements are being considered in peak periods in this area. Changes may be made to adjacent routes travelling a similar pattern

Route: 77

Removal of this route is being considered due to low patronage. Resources may be reallocated to busier areas of the network. Passengers can use routes 111/555 (Eight Mile Plains to Brisbane City) and 333/340 (Brisbane City to Chermside) and transfer if necessary

Route: P88

Removal of weekend services is being considered to reduce duplication on the network. Resources may be reallocated to busier areas of the network. Passengers may be able to use routes 111/555 (Eight Mile Plains to Brisbane City) and 444 (Brisbane City to Indooroopilly). Service improvements are being considered in peak periods in this corridor.

Route: 101

Changes to where this route travels are being considered to make better use of resources and reduce duplication on the network. Passengers in Durack may be able to use route 100.

Route: 102

Changes to where this route travels are being considered to make better use of resources and reduce duplication on the network. Passengers in Durack may be able to use route 100.

Route: 103

Changes to where this route travels in the Seventeen Mile Rocks area are being considered to make better use of resources and reduce duplication on the network.

Route: 104

Reduction in the frequency of this route is being considered during off-peak times. Passengers may be able to use route 105. Refer to route 105 link to view suggested changes.

Route: 105

Changes to where this route travels in Yeronga are being considered to make better use of resources. Passengers in Yeronga may be able to use extended route 196. Passengers who use the 105 in Yeeroongpilly to access Brisbane City may need to change at PA Hospital to access other CBD services. This route will also be monitored and demand-responsive alternatives may be considered.

Route: 106

Changes to where this route travels in the Seventeen Mile Rocks area are being considered to make better use of resources and reduce duplication on the network.

Route: 107

Removal of this peak-only route is being considered to make better use of resources. Resources may be reallocated to busier areas of the network. Passengers in the Yeronga area may be able to use extended route 196.

Route: 108

Removal of this peak-only service is being considered to make better use of resources. Passengers may be able to use route 105 or the extended 196.

Route: 109

Service improvements are being considered in peak periods in this corridor. A reduction in the hours of operation and frequency of this route are also being considered during university holiday periods.

Route: 112

There are no changes proposed at this time. Passengers currently using route 114 may use this service.

Route: 114

Removal of this route is being considered due to duplication with other routes. Resources may be reallocated to busier areas of the network. Passengers may be able to use route 112 depending on where they are travelling.

Route: 117

Changes to where this route travels in the Acacia Ridge area are being considered to make better use of resources and reduce duplication on the network. Service improvements are being considered in peak periods to address crowding. This may be on adjacent routes to encourage more even passenger loads.

Route: 118

An extension of this route to commence at Blunder Road at Crossacres Street is being considered. Passengers travelling from Forest Lake Village may be able to use route 100.

Route: 125

An extension of this route to service Griffith University busway station is being considered. There may be minor timetable changes required to provide this extension.

Route: 131

Changes to where this route travels in the Parkinson/Algester areas are being considered to make better use of resources and reduce duplication on the network. Passengers in Parkinson may be able to use routes P129 or 130. Service improvements are being considered in this area in peak periods to address crowding. This may be on adjacent routes such as 132.

Route: 132

Additional trips in the peak periods are being considered. These trips may also be extended to service Clairvaux Mackillop to improve access for school students.

Route: P133

Changes to where this route travels are being considered to simplify the network and encourage more even passenger loads. Route 133 may also be renumbered to 137.

Route: 134

Despite high average loads, passenger loads vary a lot on this route. Reduction in frequency of this route is being considered in the afternoon period due to low patronage. Passengers may be able to use routes 135 and 155

Route: P137

Changes to where this route travels are being considered to simplify the network. This service may stop at Holland Park West and Greenslopes busway stations.

Route: 139

A reduction in the hours of operation and frequency of this route are being considered during university holiday periods. Service improvements are being considered in this area in peak periods to address crowding. This may be on adjacent routes travelling a similar pattern.

Route: 140

Changes to where this route travels are being considered in the Greenbank area to make better use of resources and reduce duplication on the network. Passengers in Greenbank may be able to use routes P142 and P546.

Route: P141

Changes to where this route travels are being considered to remove duplication in the Greenbank area. Passengers in Greenbank may be able to use routes P142 and P546.

Route: P142

Changes to where this route travels in Brisbane City are being considered to make better use of resources. This will allow for better integration between routes P142 and P546.

Route: 150

Service improvements are being considered in this area in peak periods to address crowding. This may be on adjacent routes travelling a similar pattern.

Route: P151

Removal of this route is being considered to make better use of resources and reduce duplication. Resources may be reallocated to busier areas of the network. Passengers may be able to use routes 141 or 153.

Route: 152

There are no changes proposed at this time as this route provides important local access between the Stretton area and Upper Mount Gravatt/Garden City. This route will be monitored and demand responsive alternatives may be considered in the future.

Route: 153

An extension of this route to service Drewvale may be considered. Additional trips are also being considered to improve the frequency of services for local residents.

Route: P157

Reducing the frequency of this route is being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 161

It is proposed that this route terminate at Garden City/Upper Mt Gravatt and no longer travel to Brisbane City. Passengers will be able to transfer to routes 111, 150 and 555 to reach Brisbane City.

Route: 169

A reduction in the hours of operation and frequency of this route are being considered during university holiday periods.

Route: 170

Changes to where this route stops in Brisbane City are being considered to better facilitate bus movements in the busy precinct.

Route: 171

Changes to where this route stops in Brisbane City are being considered to better facilitate bus movements in the busy precinct.

Route: P176

Changes to where this route travels in Brisbane City are being considered to make better use of infrastructure.

Route: 180

Route: 181

Changes to where this route stops in Brisbane City are being considered to better facilitate bus movements in the busy precinct and so that passengers have more options to take them where they need to go.

Route: 183

It is proposed that this route terminate at Griffith University busway station and no longer travel to Brisbane City to make better use of resources. Passengers will be able to transfer to routes 111, 130, 140, 150 and 555 to reach Brisbane City. This route may be renumbered to route 177.

Route: 186

Changes to where this route travels in Brisbane City are being considered to allow better integration between services.

Route: 192

This route provides important local access along Dornoch Terrace. Changes to where this route travels in West End may be considered.

Route: 196

An extension of this route to service Yeronga is being considered. There may be minor timetable changes required to provide this extension.

Route: 198

Reduced frequency of this route is being considered to make better use of resources. Additionally, changes to where this route travels in the Dutton Park/Buranda areas are being considered.

Route: 199

Changes to where this route travels between Brisbane City and Brunswick Street are being considered to reduce duplication and provide faster trips.

Route: 200

Changes to where this route stops in Brisbane City are being considered to make better use of infrastructure.Service improvements are being considered in this area in peak periods to address crowding. This may be on adjacent routes such as 222.

Route: P201

Reduction of the frequency of this route is being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: P205

Reduction of the frequency of this route is being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: P207

Changes to where this route travels are being considered to simplify the network. Route 207 may also be renumbered to 217. Service improvements are being considered in this area in peak periods to address crowding. This may be on adjacent routes such as 222.

Route: 209

A reduction in the hours of operation and frequency of this route are being considered during university holiday periods. Service improvements are being considered in this area in peak periods to address crowding. This may be on adjacent routes such as 222.

Route: 213

Reductions to the frequency of this route are being considered to make better use of resources. Passengers in the area may be able to use routes 215 and 225.

Route: 214

Reductions to the hours of operation and frequency of this route are being considered to reduce duplication on the network. Passengers may be able to use modified route 220. Refer to route 220 link to view suggested changes.

Route: 215

Changes to the frequency of this route are being considered to make better use of resources. Resources may be reallocated to busier areas of the network. Passengers in the area may be able to use routes 213 and 225.

Route: 220

Additional trips are being considered to improve the frequency of services for local residents and to grow patronage.

Route: P221

Additional trips are being considered to improve the frequency of services for local residents.

Route: 222

Route: 230

Additional trips are being considered to improve the frequency of services for local residents.

Route: 242

This route may be diverted to travel through Carindale to provide better access for local residents and attract more passengers.

Route: 243

Changes to where this route travels in Thorneside and Brisbane CBD are being considered to make better use of resources. Passengers may be able to use local train services.

Route: 250

It is proposed for this route to finish at Carindale bus station on weekdays in off-peak times and on weekends to make better use of resources. Passengers travelling west of Carindale towards the Brisbane CBD will be able to use high-frequency routes 200 and 222 departing Carindale bus station.

Route: 251

This route may be extended to service Ormiston Point, providing better access for local residents. Changes to where this route travels in the Brisbane CBD are also being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 253

The first weekday service may be removed due to low passenger demand. Resources may be used to improve the network elsewhere.

Route: 254

Additional weekend trips are being considered to improve weekend connections to local train services.

Route: 255

This route may be extended to service Birkdale station and Wellington Point shops to provide better access for local residents and attract more passengers. This route provides an important link for residents of Wellington Point to Cleveland. The extended route will provide vital links to schools, retirement villages and the large elderly demographic to the local shopping centre at Wellington Point.

Route: 256

Removal of this route is being considered, with often fewer than seven people using each service. Passengers may be able to use proposed modified routes 255 and 272.

Route: 259

Removal of this route is being considered, with often fewer than seven people using each service. Passengers may be able to use modified routes 251, 252, 255 or local train services. Refer to routes 251, 252 and 255 to view suggested changes.

Route: 260

Reductions to the weekend hours of operation of this route are being considered because often passenger demand for this service is low. Resources may be redirected to other areas of the network. This route may not operate on gazetted public holidays when local shops are closed. This route may also be modified to travel along Gardner Road, providing a service for the Rochedale Estates residents.

Route: 262

Reductions to the weekend hours of operation of this route are being considered because often passenger demand for this service is low. Resources may be redirected to other areas of the network. This route may not operate on gazetted public holidays when local shops are closed. This route may also be modified to travel along Gardner Road, providing a service for the Rochedale Estates residents.

Route: 265

Changes to where this route travels in Maridale Park and Brisbane CBD are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 267

Changes to where this route travels in the Brisbane CBD are being considered to make better use of resources

Route: 268

Removal of this route is being considered, with often fewer than seven people using each service. Passengers are able to use alternative routes including 263, 265 and 280

Route: 270

Reductions to the hours of operation in the evenings are being considered because of low evening patronage and to make better use of resources.

Route: 272

Additional weekly trips are being considered to improve frequency of services for local residents as this provides important local access to Redlands Hospital. Reductions to the hours of operation in the evenings are being considered because of low evening patronage and to make better use of resources.

Route: 273

Changes to where this route travels in the Brisbane CBD are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 274

Reductions to the hours of operation in the evenings are being considered because of low evening patronage and to make better use of resources.

Route: 275

Changes to where this route travels in the Brisbane CBD are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 276

Route: 279

Route: 280

Reductions to the hours of operation in the evenings are being considered due to low evening patronage and to make better use of resources.

Route: 281

Changes to where this route travels in the Brisbane CBD are being considered to make better use of resources

Route: 282

Reductions to the hours of operation in the evenings are being considered because of low evening patronage and to make better use of resources

Route: 283

Removal of this route is being considered, with often fewer than seven people using each service. Passengers may be able to use route 282. School buses will continue to service the schools in the Carbrook area.

Route: 299

This route may no longer service Sunnybank. Customers will have access to routes 130/140 to the South East Busway. This route may also be adjusted to provide a more direct service from the Brisbane CBD to Brisbane Technology Park/Rochedale.

Route: 300

Additional peak trips are being considered to improve the frequency of services for local residents.

Route: 305

Additional peak trips are being considered to improve the frequency of services for local residents.

Route: 307

Reduction in frequency of this route is being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 315

There may be changes to where this route travels to provide a more direct service to the Brisbane CBD. This service may also change to a pre-paid service, meaning passengers will need to have a pre-purchased ticket orgo card to travel.

Route: 320

Reductions in the frequency of this route are being considered in the evenings and on weekends to make better use of resources.

Route: 322

It is proposed that this route terminate at Toombul interchange and no longer travel to Brisbane City. Passengers may be able to transfer to route 306 to reach Brisbane City.

Route: 325

Reductions to the hours of operation and frequency of this route are being considered in the evenings. Changes to where routes 325 and 335 travel between the Grange and Brisbane City are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 326

Changes to where routes 326 and 327 travel between Taigum and Toombul are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 327

Changes to where routes 326 and 327 travel between Taigum and Toombul are being considered to make better use of resources. This route will also be monitored and demand-responsive alternatives may be considered.

Route: 328

Reductions to the frequency of this route are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 329

Reductions to the frequency of this route are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 330

Changes to where this route travels are being considered to provide a faster service to Brisbane City. Service improvements are being considered in this area. This may be on this route or adjacent routes such as 333

Route: P331

Changes to where this route travels are being considered to provide a faster service to Brisbane City. Additional peak trips are also being considered to improve the frequency of services for local residents. This may be on this route or adjacent routes such as 330 or 333.

Route: P332

Changes to the timetable are being considered to provide more realistic travel times due to traffic

Route: 333

An additional stop at Rode Road is being considered for this service. Service improvements are being considered in this area. This may be on this route or adjacent routes such as 330.

Route: 334

This route may no longer travel south of Kedron. Passengers may be able to use route 379.

Route: 335

Changes to where routes 325 and 335 travel between the Grange and Brisbane City are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 336

Reduction in the hours of operation and frequency of this route are being considered on Saturdays to make better use of resources.

Route: 337

Reduction in the hours of operation and frequency of this route are being considered on Saturdays to make better use of resources.

Route: 338

Changes to where this route travels are being considered in the Aspley area to provide better access to Chermside.

Route: 340

An additional stop at Rode Road is being considered for this service. Service improvements are being considered in this area in peak periods. This may be on adjacent routes such as 330 or 333.

Route: P341

Changes to where this route travels are being considered to provide a faster service to Brisbane City.

Route: P343

Reduction in the frequency of this route are being considered in the afternoon peak to make better use of resources.

Route: P344

Changes to where this route travels are being considered in the Carseldine/Aspley area. Passengers in these areas have access to routes 340, 341, 343 and 345

Route: 350

Changes to where routes 350 and 359 travel between Enoggera and Brisbane City are being considered to increase patronage.

Route: 354

Changes to where this route travels in the Stafford Heights area are being considered to improve access to North West Hospital. Reductions in the hours of operation and frequency of this route are being considered on Saturdays to make better use of resources.

Route: P356

Removal of this route is being considered due to low patronage. Passengers may be able to use routes 352 or 353.

Route: 357

Significant service frequency increases are being considered in this area. This may be on this route or adjacent routes such as 359.

Route: 359

Significant service frequency increases are being considered in this area. This may be on this route or adjacent routes such as 359. Changes to where routes 350 and 359 travel between Enoggera and Brisbane City are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 360

This route may terminate at Everton Park and no longer travel to Brisbane City. Passengers may be able to transfer to routes 350, 357, 359 or train services at Mitchelton.

Route: 361

This route may terminate at Everton Park and no longer travel to Brisbane City. Passengers may be able to transfer to routes 350, 357, 359 or rail (at Mitchelton).

Route: 363

It is proposed to amalgamate route 360 and route 363. Passengers currently travelling on the 363 may be able to use the upgraded 360 service.

Route: 364

Route: 367

It is being considered for this route to extend further into Upper Kedron to improve access to public transport for local residents and attract more patronage.

Route: 369

Reductions to the frequency of this route are being considered due to low patronage. Changes to the timetable are also being considered to provide more realistic travel times due to traffic.

Route: 370

Changes to the timetable are being considered to provide more realistic travel times due to traffic.

Route: 372

Minor timetable changes are being considered to improve the efficiency of the corridor.

Route: 373

Minor timetable changes are being considered to improve the efficiency of the corridor.

Route: P374

As part of the introduction of the Maroon Glider, this service may be removed to reduce duplication.

Route: 375

Changes to where this route travels are being considered as part of the proposed Maroon Glider implementation.

Route: 377

Route: 378

Route: 379

An extension of this route to service Stafford City on all trips is being considered. There may be minor timetable changes required to provide this extension. Minor timetable changes are being considered to improve the efficiency of the corridor. Additionally route 379 from Ashgrove will be considered for termination at Brisbane City to improve reliability with routes 380 and 381.

Route: 380

Route: 381

Route: 396

Reductions in the hours of operation and frequency of this route in the morning are being considered.

Route: 397

Reductions in the hours of operation and frequency of this route in the evening and at weekends are being considered.

Route: 398

Reductions in the hours of operation and frequency of this route in the evening and at weekends are being considered. Resources may be reallocated to busier areas of the network.

Route: 402

Reductions to the frequency of this route on Saturday are being considered. Passengers may be able to use route 412.

Route: 412

Changes to the timetable are being considered to provide a consistent weekday and weekend timetable.

Route: 416

Reductions in the frequency of this route in the morning peak are being considered.

Route: 417

Reductions to the frequency of this route at weekends are being considered.

Route: 425

Changes to where this route travels are being considered as part of a review of all services operating through the Indooroopilly area. Service frequency may increase but passengers travelling to Brisbane City may need to transfer to high-frequency services at Indooroopilly.

Route: P426

Reductions in the hours of operation and frequency of this route in peak periods are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: 427

Changes to where this route travels are being considered as part of a review of all services operating through the Indooroopilly area.

Route: 428

Changes to where this route travels are being considered as part of a review of all services operating through the Indooroopilly area.

Route: 430

Changes to where this route travels are being considered as part of a review of all services operating through the Indooroopilly area. Service frequency may increase but passengers travelling to Brisbane City may need to transfer to high-frequency services at Indooroopilly.

Route: 431

Reductions in the hours of operation and frequency of this route in peak periods are being considered to make better use of resources. Resources may be reallocated to busier areas of the network.

Route: 432

Route: 433

Route: 435

Route: 436

Removal of this route is being considered to make better use of resources. Resources may be reallocated to busier areas of the network. Passengers may be able to use route 435 that operates in the same area of Chapel Hill.

Route: P443

Changes to the frequency of this route are being considered as part of a review of all services operating through the Indooroopilly area.

Route: 444

Increases to the frequency of this route and changes to where it travels west of Indooroopilly are being considered as part of a review of all services operating through the Indooroopilly area.

Route: 450

Route: 451

Route: 452

Changes to where this route travels in the Riverhills area are being considered to make better use of resources and reduce duplication on the network.

Route: 453

Route: 454

Changes to where this route travels are being considered as part of a review of all services operating through the Indooroopilly area. Service frequency may increase but passengers travelling to Brisbane City may need to transfer to high-frequency services at Indooroopilly

Route: P455

Reductions in the hours of operation and frequency of this route in peak periods are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: P456

Route: P457

Reductions to the hours of operation and frequency of this route in peak periods are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: P458

Reductions to the hours of operation and frequency of this route in peak periods are being considered to make better use of resources.

Route: P459

Route: 460

Route: P461

This route may no longer travel between Richlands and Brisbane City. Passengers travelling to Brisbane City will need to transfer to train services.

Route: P 462

Reductions in the frequency of this route are being considered because of low patronage.

Route: 463

There are no changes proposed at this time. This route provides an important local connection to Wacol Station and Forest Lake for residents of Ellen Grove.

Route: 465

Removal of this route is being considered to make better use of resources. Resources may be reallocated to busier areas of the network. Passengers may be able to use routes 460, 461, 462 and 466.

Route: 466

Changes to where this route travels in the Willawong area are being considered to make better use of resources and reduce duplication on the network. This route will also be monitored and demand-responsive alternatives may be considered.

Route: 467

Changes to where this route travels in the Seventeen Mile Rocks area are being considered to make better use of resources and reduce duplication on the network. This route will also be monitored and demand-responsive alternatives may be considered.

Route: 468

Changes to where this route travels in the Seventeen Mile Rocks area are being considered to make better use of resources and reduce duplication on the network. This route will also be monitored and demand-responsive alternatives may be considered.

Route: 471

Additional trips are being considered in the evenings and at weekends to improve the frequency of services for local residents and tourists.

Route: 476

Changes to where this route travels in the Milton area are being considered to simplify the network. Route 476 may also be renumbered to 475.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/deadline-looms-for-comments-on-bus-changes-20121217-2biss.html#ixzz2FHeSTetj

SurfRail

If anybody wants to make any further suggestions about what I am proposing, let me know - I will send off my observations directly to TransLink this evening.

Bob, I wouldn't mind hearing from you about the local Ipswich ones.

http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=9359.40
Ride the G:

Gazza

Send it off mate, you've done a lot of work, and basically hit the nail on the head for everything, and even if its only 90% correct, its still much better than the current network we have.

ozbob

Quote from: SurfRail on December 17, 2012, 16:47:56 PM
If anybody wants to make any further suggestions about what I am proposing, let me know - I will send off my observations directly to TransLink this evening.

Bob, I wouldn't mind hearing from you about the local Ipswich ones.

http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=9359.40

I had a scan.  Looks fine, the modified 523 is an important potential addition to the present roam zone C.  I have raised this directly with TransLink independent of the review as such.  Something appears a bit amiss with their rating for the 524,  value high, low patronage?  That appears not correct to me, my observations have that bus as well used.  Every time I have been on it generally 20-30 pax ...

Springfield rail is going to cause a local reassessment of sorts as well.

Very well done SurfRail. 

Gazza

Quotevalue high, low patronage?
If its just scraping in at 30% then that still qualifies as as High value.

A few routes get that rating, I think it might just happen if say if it has poor loadings counter peak, such that the average gets pulled down.

ozbob

Yes, understand that but the 524 works well both ways ..

Golliwog

I was out and about a bit this morning. Used the 369 in both directions. Had about 11 people using it between Mitchelton and Kedron at around 8.30am, and a similar number on my return at around 11, though I got off at Stafford and when I got on it to continue there was only around 3 on it. So it seems a bit hit and miss, but I think it definitely needs more time to sink in before having services cut.
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Gazza

Quote from: ozbob on December 17, 2012, 18:17:29 PM
Yes, understand that but the 524 works well both ways ..
Probably at the times you use them? (Presumably towards Goodna in the AM and away from Goodna in the PM)

What I mean is, does the 6:52am ex Goodna bus arriving at Redbank have 20 on board as you observe on your rides?
I doubt the bus has 20-30 pax in both directions, at all hours, which immediately brings the average down.

ozbob

I see the bus constantly all day ....   ::) 

It averages a lot more than seven Gazza ... fact ...

Was around Indooroopilly today for a while.  Saw a number of P88 air parcels ...

Gazza

What's the loading like beyond your place, to the bottom of the route down on the loops? Because the figure is the average over the length of the route, so perhaps patronage is concentrated around Goodna, but at the bottom, where it the journey is longer, more circituous etc  and after the shopping center (So pure residential), patronage might drop off.

QuoteI see the bus constantly all day ....
But I'm talking about the counter peak trips that exist because the bus has to turn around and get back, but probably would carry not a lot.

ozbob

Possibly, but the loadings are such that the average would be greater than 7.  Have you ever been on the 524?

Gazza

I can go check it out some time, but there are 258 trips per week so it needs just over 1800 boardings per week to be over 7.

ozbob

Quote from: Gazza on December 17, 2012, 19:03:25 PM
I can go check it out some time, but there are 258 trips per week so it needs just over 1800 boardings per week to be over 7.

Gets that easily, which we now arrive back to the point I made ... ho humm ..

techblitz

thanks for the observations golli....

the fact that it provides a cheap alternative from the city - eagle junction - dfo - free bus to airport and the fact that translink do not even push this in thier advertising campaigns...but ahhhh dang..... thats right we already have an airtrain so conflict of interest ::)

If somehow more brookside connecting chermside shoppers could use the 369 - kedron busway then it could improve figures.

Golliwog

Quote from: techblitz on December 17, 2012, 20:23:54 PM
thanks for the observations golli....

the fact that it provides a cheap alternative from the city - eagle junction - dfo - free bus to airport and the fact that translink do not even push this in thier advertising campaigns...but ahhhh dang..... thats right we already have an airtrain so conflict of interest ::)

If somehow more brookside connecting chermside shoppers could use the 369 - kedron busway then it could improve figures.
Its usually not too bad for that. That's the connection I made with it Monday morning, ended up on a 340 northbound. The 598/9 that left Brookside at the same time did however beat me there, however it took 4 cycles through the traffic lights at Gympie Rd-Hamilton Rd to get through.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

bagbuffy

I am amazed that the Wynnum Rd Corridor will probably not be addressed by Translink.  Translinks own report shows that the most popular and used routes servicing along Norman Park, Morningside, Cannon Hill and towards Wynnum are clearly the 227,230,235. And the joke that is the 232 (which I live along the route)  people say that the 232 should be axed, performs equal or even better than the 210, 215 and the 220 to Translinks report. Yet the 215 and 220 looks to be receiving the most attention of possibilities of upgrades followed by the 230 and 235.

The 227 needs to be at least a  30 min service instead of hourly, and hourly nightly services. I also would like to see even a limited Sunday service on the 232 Route maybe between 9am-4pm, as Sunday in Bulimba is usually buzzing and there are no Car Parks to be found and traffic can be chaos due to the Balmoral Cineplex and Coffee Shops, as well as more 230-235 services.

somebody

Must agree.  Perhaps that will be included in the corridor reviews.

techblitz

Quote from: bagbuffy on January 09, 2013, 18:39:45 PM
I am amazed that the Wynnum Rd Corridor will probably not be addressed by Translink.  Translinks own report shows that the most popular and used routes servicing along Norman Park, Morningside, Cannon Hill and towards Wynnum are clearly the 227,230,235. And the joke that is the 232 (which I live along the route)  people say that the 232 should be axed, performs equal or even better than the 210, 215 and the 220 to Translinks report. Yet the 215 and 220 looks to be receiving the most attention of possibilities of upgrades followed by the 230 and 235.

The 227 needs to be at least a  30 min service instead of hourly, and hourly nightly services. I also would like to see even a limited Sunday service on the 232 Route maybe between 9am-4pm, as Sunday in Bulimba is usually buzzing and there are no Car Parks to be found and traffic can be chaos due to the Balmoral Cineplex and Coffee Shops, as well as more 230-235 services.

welcome to the forum 8)

i agree that bulimba & wynnum corridor needs reviewing......kinda feel for any elderly residents wishing to shop at cannon hill as there are not enough services between these 2 points especially on weekends.All going well they will jack the 220/227 up to half hourly but they will probably just extend the operating hours of these 2 services and put in an extra service here and there.I get caught quite a bit with the 220 reverting to 2 hourly after the 6 pm services and have to plan my journey well or else im stuck out there waiting around moreton bay college area.  :pr

bagbuffy

Hi Techblitz and Simon

Why do you think the 220 is failing the Wynnum Area?  I agree that a 2 hour wait after 6pm for an "Express Service" is unexceptable.  How should Translink streamline the 220?  Instead of travelling all over the Wynnum area should Translink make  the 220 a more direct service? Thoughts about Introducing a new  Express service to Manly? Or even Extend the 227 route?

I personally would like to see the 220  be extended to  a 30min service and a hourly nightly services. If not, Introduce a 2nd Express service maybe for the Manly area where both services  linking  up at a particular stop making the 2 hourly service into 30Min service all the way to Cannon Hill and onwards to the  City.

The 215 would then join with the 227 on the same City Bus timetable both running every hour say 12.00pm (227) and 12.30pm  (215) From Early Morning to Late Night , hence people who live along or close by Shaftston and Wynnum Rds corridor will  have access to both Cannon Hill and Carindale Shopping Centres as well as  Wynnum Plaza.

If not, the 227 needs to be more frequent and have a nightly service

Just thoughts, that's all :).

#Metro

A BUZ needs to run along Wynnum and OR Manly Road. Main Arteria out to the East.

Golliwog

Brisbanetimes --> Reveal bus services changes, transport minister told

February 13, 2013 - 12:01AM
Tony Moore and Katherine Feeney

Pressure is mounting on Transport Minister Scott Emerson to announce changes to southeast Queensland's busways before the university semester begins.

The proposed changes, which follow a six-month review of the bus network, include axing 36 routes, merging others, reducing evening and weekend services, and putting extra services along the main transport corridors into Brisbane's central business district.

In July 2012 Mr Emerson said he hoped to announce the changes before the start of the university year. The University of Queensland's O-Week starts on Monday, with lectures from February 25.

The proposed changes became a heated issue at Tuesday's Brisbane City Council meeting, with Brisbane's LNP Lord Mayor Graham Quirk saying he would never endorse such changes "and never will".
Advertisement

"We will always put the people of this city first," Cr Quirk said.

Labor's Opposition Transport spokeswoman also said she was unhappy with the proposal.

The routes that would be axed under the changes include four Bayside bus routes (256, 259, 268 and 283), 12 Brisbane bus routes, seven Gold Coast routes, three Ipswich routes, six Logan bus routes, two in west Brisbane (465 and 522), and two on the Sunshine Coast (601 and 613).

There will be improvements, although no further details have yet been released.

A Translink spokesman confirmed on Tuesday that on major transport corridors there would be services every three to five minutes during peak hours and and every 10 minutes during off-peak hours.

There would also be better coordination of services between the CBD and major suburban hubs at Carindale, Chermside, Indooroopilly and Mains Rd, he said.

Bus services to Mt Ommaney, Albany Creek and Morningside would be combined to improve the frequency.

Jackie Trad called on Mr Emerson to reveal the details of the new routes.

''The Minister needs to bring some certainty into this debate,'' Ms Trad said.

''There are many people in local communities who are not happy about the proposed changes,'' she said.

She questioned proposed cuts to night-time services in inner northern suburbs, to Helensvale, to the CityGlider service past South Bank, while Brisbane council lifts parking fees.

''I think there are significant safety issues in the Helensvale area, particularly if young kids are travelling from working late nights in the shopping centres after school,'' she said.

She said changes to reduce bus services in outer suburbs would ''isolate outer suburban communities.''

Cr Quirk said all Brisbane councillors had ''a number of concerns'' about bus routes which he wanted addressed.

"I understand quite a number - if not all of my colleagues - on my administration side also wrote submissions in relation to it," he said.

But Cr Quirk said assertions made by Leader of the Opposition Milton Dick that Brisbane Transport employees had been "gagged" from speaking with the Translink officers conducting the review was "absolutely news to me".

A spokesperson for Mr Emerson brushed off Ms Trad's comments, saying the second round of consultation was completed in December and if she submitted her feedback before then it would be considered as part of the review.

The outcomes of the review will be considered later this month, the spokesman said.

#Metro

QuoteThe proposed changes became a heated issue at Tuesday's Brisbane City Council meeting, with Brisbane's LNP Lord Mayor Graham Quirk saying he would never endorse such changes "and never will".

Earth to Brisbane City Council, you shouldn't have network planning powers, you are an OPERATOR. You are also a a council of councillors not Gods.
OMG, hurry up and cut Brisbane Transport from BCC before more of these $9 million dollar a pop, zero increase in mobility initiatives pop up all over the city.

🡱 🡳