• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

SEQ Bus Network Review

Started by ozbob, September 04, 2012, 02:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techblitz

Quote from: Golliwog on August 10, 2013, 09:44:47 AM
Hey, I've been away for a bit. Not sure if this has been linked to already, but it's the result of an RTI request for the following information:

All correspondence between the Minister for Transport and Main Roads, Director–General of the Department of Transport and Main Roads, Translink, Brisbane Transport, Brisbane City Council and the Lord Mayor's Office relating to the recent bus review

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/aboutus/rti/disclog/rti13501772.pdf

Of most interest are the documents that begins on pg 85 (100 worst ranked routes based on cost recovery, and what their actual cost is) and pg 77 (TMR Briefing Note).

This briefing note, among other interesting things, includes this little gem:

Brisbane Transport were invited to participate in strategic network planning sessions on the following dates to which they declined to attend under instruction;
–20 November 2012,
–21 November 2012,
–27 November 2012,
–28 November 2012,
–6 December 2012, and
–13 December 2012.

Other than that, it's full of a bunch of emails from various councillors with their comments on the changes to their areas. The one from the Lord Mayor was an interesting one.

very interesting read on the low value for money routes  :-t

seems to be mostly private operator hourly or worse welfare routes

466 worst performing BT route...no surprise there

lol and there is the 314  :-r

quite surprised at the p546...obviously the park ridge section is bitiing into its funds....its one of the busiest prepaids where almost all pax deboard @ greenbank rsl park and ride. It does however suffer from slow commutes when it hits the logan/gateway toll rd junctions.

590 is now getting very good skygate patronage so it will have better cost recovery

369 not on there? Would have to be an absolute guarantee that it will make it onto the next list.

techblitz

Quote from: Gazza on August 10, 2013, 10:33:36 AM
Pg86...Route 77 has 10% cost recovery and is $2 Mil per year to run.

good reasons for its removal yes...buuut BCC chose to keep it.

Not surprising...take a look at how many mentions this route gets from councillors wanting it to be retained.

ozbob

Politicians overriding a coherent planning process - that's it folks!

No wonder the network is now in a death spiral.  Take a bow Minister for Segways  ...

Nothing will really improve until the political interference is removed.  Chances?  Not till after the next state election ...

Meanwhile get a Segway ...

:ttp:
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

#Metro

Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

techblitz

Quote from: ozbob on August 10, 2013, 13:09:53 PM
Politicians overriding a coherent planning process - that's it folks!

No wonder the network is now in a death spiral.

Nothing will really improve until the political interference is removed.  Chances?  Not till after the next state election ...

Meanwhile get a Segway ...

:ttp:

You need a new battle plan ozbob.

This document clearly shows that due to the sheer number of objections from councillors that the Minister had no option but to take the complaints on board and shelve the review.
Out of that entire document I think I counted only one that supported the changes (councillor for the Hamilton area) Even councillors from regions with other frequent route implementations still found reasons to bag the review. UNBELIEVABLE!
In between this.....other local residents kicking up a stink in the quest media , and the unknown party who managed to get flyers posted up on southside bus stops...the result was probably inevitable.

ozbob

You are not missing the key point. 

Quote... Out of that entire document I think I counted only one that supported the changes (councillor for the Hamilton area) Even councillors from regions with other frequent route implementations still found reasons to bag the review. UNBELIEVABLE!

Yes.

The political objections were based on narrow self interest.  The network changes were based on hard data and the need to sort out the network for once and for all.  Doing that we would have seen good patronage growth and room to sort out the fares.  Neither will occur now.  Political self interest will provide a few carrots from the Government for Segways, but it will be with contempt.

Sadly, I just see progressive failure from here.  The only chance now is a new Government following the next state election.  This mob are a joke.

I am sure this RTI has been ' sanitised ' as well.  Just for the record.

ozbob

Quote from: Lapdog on August 10, 2013, 13:21:29 PM
OMG, privatise privatise!

If a Labor council got up it might be on the cards ... lol

LM Q out ranks our Minister for Segways in the blue pecking order ...

OMG indeed LD ...

aldonius

The overall feeling I got was that if any disruptive changes are ever going to be made to Brisbane PT, it will be necessary to win hearts and minds, starting with representatives from all levels of government who then go on to form a proactive part of the process - or at least not be publicly obstructionist.

As has been said previously, we need BCC actively helping with, and invested in the success of, the process.

Golliwog

Quote from: aldonius on August 10, 2013, 15:34:07 PM
The overall feeling I got was that if any disruptive changes are ever going to be made to Brisbane PT, it will be necessary to win hearts and minds, starting with representatives from all levels of government who then go on to form a proactive part of the process - or at least not be publicly obstructionist.

As has been said previously, we need BCC actively helping with, and invested in the success of, the process.
What gets me most is their refusal to let BT network planners participate in network planning sessions with Translink.
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

STB

Interesting read that, you can tell that the Councillors don't have much idea on network planning themselves and seem to be only looking out for their careers more than anything, which is a bit sad.

A bit of a worry that there are quite a few Veolia services that have low cost recovery on them, very car centric out this way unfortunately with only students and elderly really catching buses.  Heck even Cleveland Shops can be parked out and they have both buses and trains, yet decide not to use them!

I do remember that it was tough selling certain routes to locals out here who have a habit of treating it as a taxi service rather than a mass transit service (especially on the local routes).  Sadly a lot of them still think that route 250 is more convenient to take to the city rather than going via route 280 and then routes 111 or 555 (or a bunch of others at Garden City or Griffith Uni).

ozbob

Quote from: Golliwog on August 10, 2013, 15:45:54 PM
Quote from: aldonius on August 10, 2013, 15:34:07 PM

What gets me most is their refusal to let BT network planners participate in network planning sessions with Translink.

Agree Golli.  It does seem the Council had made up their minds that they were not going to cooperate, and if they let BT get too involved it would be difficult for them to derail (debus?) the real review.  Very sad outcome for Brisbane and SEQ generally.

But had BT been properly involved I am sure a slightly different TL review would have been proposed, with all behind it.

We have always known that one of the worst aspects of public transport in SEQ is BCC and their political self interest at the expense of the community generally.  This just confirms it for the world to see.

ozbob

Quote from: STB on August 10, 2013, 16:13:46 PM
Interesting read that, you can tell that the Councillors don't have much idea on network planning themselves and seem to be only looking out for their careers more than anything, which is a bit sad ..

You have nailed it! 

#Metro

I do remember that it was tough selling certain routes to locals out here who have a habit of treating it as a taxi service rather than a mass transit service (especially on the local routes).  Sadly a lot of them still think that route 250 is more convenient to take to the city rather than going via route 280 and then routes 111 or 555 (or a bunch of others at Garden City or Griffith Uni).

Just advertise a comparison in speed differences.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

STB

Quote from: Lapdog on August 10, 2013, 17:23:02 PM

Just advertise a comparison in speed differences.

Back then we did at the launches, but they were more interested in wanting 1 bus journeys to the city, even from Redland Bay.  Hence route 250 even though it is the slowest route to the city is also the most heavily used, with people as far as Redland Bay using it to get to the city.

#Metro

I spent a day out on Coochiemudlo Island. The ferry is private and no-go card ($8 return) but runs half hourly, both directions, all day until ~11pm. Would be nice to have GoCard access on it. Probably gets better service than Bulimba's 230 bus.  :)

TransLink have done an excellent job with the bus timetabling, as soon as the ferry docked, the bus was just pulling up to the bus stop! It was magic. Compare this to a Brisbane Transport 125 I caught from the PA, ridiculous and total waste of time Safari tour through backstreets, looping, up around Griffith Uni etc.

I feel that there will always be network inefficiency with any bus contract awarded to Brisbane Transport because they are so against steam ironing routes to be simpler and faster and cling to all this waste and duplication.

James

Quote from: techblitz on August 10, 2013, 12:17:45 PM
Quote from: Gazza on August 10, 2013, 10:33:36 AM
Pg86...Route 77 has 10% cost recovery and is $2 Mil per year to run.

good reasons for its removal yes...buuut BCC chose to keep it.

Not surprising...take a look at how many mentions this route gets from councillors wanting it to be retained.

The 77 is a route I support, and believe could flourish if we moved towards a connective network. As it stands right now, everybody's bus runs to the city at incredibly low frequency. Combined with the up to 29 minute transfer penalty at Chermside/Garden City (off-peak), you are generally just better off going via the CBD. A connected network would feed people into buses like the 77.

With the current network though, I think it should be sent to UQ via Buranda (yes, it will need to travel along the road for a bit, but the transfer advantages there are far too high to bypass Buranda) both peak and off-peak. I think the route will do a lot better in that case.

In regards to the failure of the bus review. The failure of the bus review was due to councillors sending out emails urging everybody to "consult translink about the proposed bus review changes", carefully wording things to ignore new frequent routes, improved network routing, possible cost savings etc. And why did the councillors do this? Surprise surprise, because BCC owns BT.

Quote from: STB on August 10, 2013, 16:13:46 PM
Interesting read that, you can tell that the Councillors don't have much idea on network planning themselves and seem to be only looking out for their careers more than anything, which is a bit sad.

A bit of a worry that there are quite a few Veolia services that have low cost recovery on them, very car centric out this way unfortunately with only students and elderly really catching buses.  Heck even Cleveland Shops can be parked out and they have both buses and trains, yet decide not to use them!

This is a mentality which is repeated all over Queensland. In a lot of areas (especially those with poor PT), you will notice the only people using the bus are the elderly and those who can't/don't drive. Route 250 is a great example of people placing too much value on a single-seat trip. Another good example of a mentality which exists in SEQ - single-seat trips. I believe long-term, Cleveland Line should be put in a tunnel Murrarie - Manly (to have ~5-10 mins cut off the trip) and the line should subsequently be extended south. Victoria Point is another place which only has a bus directly to the CBD due to the failure to expand the rail network appropriately.

The issue is, thanks to a lack of bus/train interchange and bus/bus interchange until recently, the only people who are really used to this concept of interchange are Gold Coast train commuters. The concept of interchange has to be strongly promoted, almost to the point where direct CBD links should be removed from connective options. Not to make PT unattractive, but because the mentality needs to change.

I see BCC using the contents of p.85 - 87 as fodder to say the network isn't wasteful and blame other providers. Inevitably most of the 100 worst performing routes (financially) are coverage routes in areas with low population density. In the end, that's to be expected.
Is it really that hard to run frequent, reliable public transport?

HappyTrainGuy

Quote from: James on August 11, 2013, 00:07:05 AMThe 77 is a route I support, and believe could flourish if we moved towards a connective network. As it stands right now, everybody's bus runs to the city at incredibly low frequency. Combined with the up to 29 minute transfer penalty at Chermside/Garden City (off-peak), you are generally just better off going via the CBD. A connected network would feed people into buses like the 77.

With the current network though, I think it should be sent to UQ via Buranda (yes, it will need to travel along the road for a bit, but the transfer advantages there are far too high to bypass Buranda) both peak and off-peak. I think the route will do a lot better in that case.

Agree in regards to the 77. Its a route that must be in the network but currently the network isn't set up/geared up for it to pay off long term. Even for the short term it would be good to fix the 77 running around Chermside as the service would connect the Southside to the Northside even faster.

Quote from: James on August 11, 2013, 00:07:05 AMI see BCC using the contents of p.85 - 87 as fodder to say the network isn't wasteful and blame other providers. Inevitably most of the 100 worst performing routes (financially) are coverage routes in areas with low population density. In the end, that's to be expected.

As evident by the hourly peak hour Thompsons bus services. That'll really get people onto PT as opposed to driving to the railway station or shops/Westfield on Gympie Road. Also doesn't help when BT shaft routes like the 327/338/357/359. Bracken Ridge to Strathpine during peak hour??? Not on this network. Better walk to Bald Hills or catch the train from Zillmere (which is what the JP says to do :))

ozbob

Media release 11th August 2013

SEQ: Bus review shambles confirmed by RTI

RAIL Back On Track (http://backontrack.org) a web based community support group for rail and public transport and an advocate for public transport passengers is calling on the Brisbane Lord Mayor to explain why Brisbane Transport's network planners were instructed not to attend network planning sessions with Translink staff as part of TransLink's review of the entire SEQ bus network.

Robert Dow, Spokesman for RAIL Back On Track said:

"A recent RTI request by the State Opposition has revealed a TMR briefing note on the review which states that under instruction, Brisbane Transport declined to attend strategic network planning sessions with Translink on at least 6 separate occasions (1)."

"We believe the uninformed political interference from BCC Councillors is the main reason for the Minister for Transport's announcement  on the back down and lack of support for TransLink when he said that no changes would be made to Brisbane Transport routes without approval of the council. Is this putting political mates before the real community need?  Is this weak leadership?  Certainly is!"

"Can the Lord Mayor explain why he and his council blocked TransLink from reviewing the network they are charged with organising, and instead had their own insufficient review done which has led to a continuation of the waste and failure the review was meant to help reduce?"

"Further more, can the Minister for Transport also explain why the situation was allowed to arise in the first place, and why more wasn't done to get BCC and Brisbane Transport involved in the review from the start, rather than the haphazard and mis-matched mediocre series of reviews that has now occurred?"

"It is the view of our members that the lack of a proper review of the Brisbane Transport network is leading to ongoing waste and duplication across the public transport network which is limiting patronage growth and the expansion of public transport services across SEQ."

"It is time for Premier to step into this festering mess and sort it.  As the Premier indicated in 2010 when Lord Mayor of Brisbane, in the interests of all citizens the State Government needs to run the buses to stop the failure and position public transport in Brisbane and SEQ for a better future, free from petty self interest from Brisbane Councillors."

Reference:

1.  RTI  http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/aboutus/rti/disclog/rti13501772.pdf

2.  Lord Mayor Campbell Newman wants State Government to run buses
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/campbell-newman-wants-state-government-to-run-buses/story-e6freoof-1225839337936

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org
RAIL Back On Track http://backontrack.org

ozbob

Sent to all outlets:

13th August 2013

Re: SEQ: Bus review shambles confirmed by RTI

Greetings,

I realise a lot of the Brisbane media is under the control of  distant puppet masters, but here is clear evidence of the incompetence of the bus review process.

Can't upset our mates on George St can we?

Thank goodness for citizen media which is springing up faster than the consumption rate  of strawberry sundaes at the Ekka.

You probably know deep down  that the death warrant of the present form of MSM is being signed right now.

Have a great day.

Cheers
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Quote from: ozbob on August 11, 2013, 03:48:16 AM

RAIL Back On Track (http://backontrack.org) a web based community support group for rail and public transport and an advocate for public transport passengers is calling on the Brisbane Lord Mayor to explain why Brisbane Transport's network planners were instructed not to attend network planning sessions with Translink staff as part of TransLink's review of the entire SEQ bus network.

"A recent RTI request by the State Opposition has revealed a TMR briefing note on the review which states that under instruction, Brisbane Transport declined to attend strategic network planning sessions with Translink on at least 6 separate occasions (1)."

"We believe the uninformed political interference from BCC Councillors is the main reason for the Minister for Transport's announcement  on the back down and lack of support for TransLink when he said that no changes would be made to Brisbane Transport routes without approval of the council. Is this putting political mates before the real community need?  Is this weak leadership?  Certainly is!"

"Can the Lord Mayor explain why he and his council blocked TransLink from reviewing the network they are charged with organising, and instead had their own insufficient review done which has led to a continuation of the waste and failure the review was meant to help reduce?"

"Further more, can the Minister for Transport also explain why the situation was allowed to arise in the first place, and why more wasn't done to get BCC and Brisbane Transport involved in the review from the start, rather than the haphazard and mis-matched mediocre series of reviews that has now occurred?"

"It is the view of our members that the lack of a proper review of the Brisbane Transport network is leading to ongoing waste and duplication across the public transport network which is limiting patronage growth and the expansion of public transport services across SEQ."

"It is time for Premier to step into this festering mess and sort it.  As the Premier indicated in 2010 when Lord Mayor of Brisbane, in the interests of all citizens the State Government needs to run the buses to stop the failure and position public transport in Brisbane and SEQ for a better future, free from petty self interest from Brisbane Councillors."

Reference:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/campbell-newman-wants-state-government-to-run-buses/story-e6freoof-1225839337936

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

STB

MSM is mainly dying though due to outdated business models and audience distrust with MSM, plus failure to keep up with technology's changes and online media's start ups advances.

I'm sure Government media releases do get priority in MSM papers, depending on the Editors.  Meanwhile niche and citizen journalism is obviously taking off, particularly with more switched on online media start ups.  Hence the Murdoch's press really attacking the Rudd Government big time (and yes, it really is to do with the NBN and their threat to their now outdated business model - heck even Foxtel Play is terrible compared to the new US giants of New Hollywood that are growing big time every year - but that's another story).

ozbob

kazzac

"South East Advertiser" this week .article on page 3 ,Looks like there will be no 230 BUZ or Bulimba Glider :thsdo >:D,even though the Bulimba Citycat terminal will be closed for 6 months :frs:
only an occasional PT user now!

techblitz

Quote from: kazzac on August 14, 2013, 19:37:14 PM
"South East Advertiser" this week .article on page 3 ,Looks like there will be no 230 BUZ or Bulimba Glider :thsdo >:D,even though the Bulimba Citycat terminal will be closed for 6 months :frs:

Councils response...

#Metro

Wow, that is just BREATHTAKING. "Because it is a ferry". Clearly has no idea. Even dumber you are going to have this bus duplicate the 230 function for a short section.

You just have got to get transport off the BCC, it just has to happen before they do any more damage.

kazzac

What about the areas between Riding Rd and Thynne RDs that are NOT near the Citycat terminals??
only an occasional PT user now!

minbrisbane

Matic's probably afraid if they BUZ 230 that the ferry passengers will mode swap to the faster bus permanently.

#Metro

SurfRail

:fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp: :fp:

Insulting, imbecilic little pr%%k.  Proof positive that a law degree doesn't confer any intelligence on you (and I would know).

I begin to wonder if Brisbane City Council itself should just be broken up into 4 regional councils and the CBD.  The people on the top of the haystack vastly overestimate their importance to and knowledge of the regional transport system.
Ride the G:

SurfRail

Ride the G:

ozbob

Sent to all outlets:

15th August 2014

Greetings,

LOL.  I note BCC is resorting to desperate ways -->  http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=9045.msg130171#msg130171

Facts speak for themselves.

Public transport in SEQ is in crisis. BCC are a major factor, failure of leadership by LNP is another.

Best wishes
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Quote from: ozbob on August 13, 2013, 03:41:04 AM
Sent to all outlets:

13th August 2013

Greetings,

I realise a lot of the Brisbane media is under the control of  distant puppet masters, but here is clear evidence of the incompetence of the bus review process.

Thank goodness for citizen media which is springing up faster than the consumption rate  of strawberry sundaes at the Ekka.

You probably know deep down  that the death warrant of the present form of MSM is being signed right now.

Have a great day.

Cheers
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Reference:

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

ozbob

Sent to all outlets:

15th August 2013

Greetings,

This plot shows the reason why TransLink did the bus review at the Minister's direction.  The failure of both the Minister and BCC then to secure a proper outcome has put back public transport years in SEQ.

The bus patronage data has flat lined, which is even worse when one considers the increases in service kilometres.    What a mess ... BCC's response?  Attack us ... LOL.

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/tramtrain/BT_SEQ_Boardings_zpsc71a411a.jpg

It is time the fares were sorted, the TransLink bus review implemented and the network put on a secure footing for growth.

Best wishes
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Quote from: ozbob on August 15, 2013, 03:57:59 AM
Sent to all outlets:

15th August 2014

Greetings,

LOL.  I note BCC is resorting to desperate ways -->  http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=9045.msg130171#msg130171

Public transport in SEQ is in crisis. BCC are a major factor, failure of leadership by LNP is another.

Best wishes
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Sent to all outlets:

13th August 2013

Greetings,

Have a great day.

Cheers
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Reference:

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

James

Quote from: techblitz on August 14, 2013, 20:08:34 PMCouncils response...

"...bus passengers to Hawthorne and then get them to change to a CityCat..."
"...and then get them to change..."
"...change..."

What was that Peter Matic? You want people to change? I thought people didn't change? I thought everybody needed an express bus to their doorstep?

Another example of the Cr Shayne Sutton Effect:bo

#Metro

QuoteAccording to the UDIA, a redevelopment of the Bulimba Army Barracks could provide more than 1000 new homes.
The call for the site to be sold echoes a statement Premier Campbell Newman made in 2007 when he was Lord Mayor of Brisbane.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/sell-bulimba-barracks-to-make-way-for-homes-developers-20130814-2rwjw.html

SurfRail

They'll all clearly just catch the ferry...
Ride the G:

ozbob

Twitter

Cr Milton Dick ‏@CrMiltonDick

Just given a petition from hundreds of bus drivers opposed to BCC's stupid plan to shut bus depots. #morecuts http://t.co/CUA7Fyz7Uq

ozbob

Sent to all outlets:

20th August 2013

Bus review failure - effects worsen

Greetings,

Brisbane City Council's failure to participate in the TransLink bus review now leads to the next step in the collapse of public transport in SEQ.

Cut backs to river CityCats and Ferry services.

Couriermail --> Brisbane CityCat and ferry services cut back in council $2m savings drive

The Minister for Transport should explain why he failed to support TransLink in a review which would have lead to around 20 million extra passenger trips per year, and put the network on track for future growth.  All we have now is worsening failure.

Enjoy the road congestion and mayhem!

Best wishes

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Quote from: ozbob on August 15, 2013, 04:10:33 AM
Sent to all outlets:

15th August 2013

Greetings,

This plot shows the reason why TransLink did the bus review at the Minister's direction.  The failure of both the Minister and BCC then to secure a proper outcome has put back public transport years in SEQ.

The bus patronage data has flat lined, which is even worse when one considers the increases in service kilometres.    What a mess ... BCC's response?  Attack us ... LOL.

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/tramtrain/BT_SEQ_Boardings_zpsc71a411a.jpg

It is time the fares were sorted, the TransLink bus review implemented and the network put on a secure footing for growth.

Best wishes
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Quote from: ozbob on August 15, 2013, 03:57:59 AM
Sent to all outlets:

15th August 2014

Greetings,

Best wishes
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Sent to all outlets:

13th August 2013

Greetings,

Have a great day.

Cheers
Robert

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

Reference:

Robert Dow
Administration
admin@backontrack.org

HappyTrainGuy

SurfRail

Perhaps Cr Matic can explain how we don't understand the ferry network some more. 

It should be easier seeing there is now less of it to understand.
Ride the G:

James

I agree with the point about illegibility. 12.5 minute frequency doesn't work. But why the frequency simply couldn't be boosted is absolutely beyond me. So instead, they cut frequency to fund duplication down Gympie Rd, OCL, SE Busway, Coronation Drive etc. Speaking of Coronation Drive, I was aboard a 411 this evening, and I passed seven buses in a row between Auchenflower and the Wesley Hospital stop: the 412, 444, 454, out of service bus, 460, 453 and the 417. In addition, while waiting for the 411 in Adelaide Street, I spotted a completely empty 445. Yep, completely empty, not a soul on board.

"BUT THE TOURISTS WON'T CHANGE! THERE MUST BE A PM COUNTER-PEAK DIRECT LINK TO LONE PINE!!!"  :fp:  :bu :bu

Golliwog

But just think about the loss of convenience!

I work on Adelaide St now, a few blocks from KGS. Of the guys that catch the bus in, a number have said they are perfectly able to catch the main trunk routes, but catch some of the others because the stops are more convenient. EG: Catching the 390 rather than the 345 because it cuts off some walking at each end. But would they have a problem getting around if the trunk was bolstered and their little variant removed? Generally no, and my understanding is they wouldn't really have a problem with it.
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

🡱 🡳