• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

17 Mile Rocks, Quick Feedback Needed by lunch!

Started by Gazza, August 14, 2012, 10:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gazza

I've got a meeting with my Local MP for Mt Ommaney at 2pm, only found out last night.
These proposals would work in with the idea of having 2 BUZ routes to Centenary

Key changes,
-Possibly delete the 451 and run more 103s? Tradeoff is longer journey times due to having to serve Monier Rd shops. Not sure about this one.

-467 (My local!!!!) to become the full time route, running direct down Seventeen Mile Rocks Road.  468 Deleted.
Terminus of 467 cut back to Jindalee Park & Ride. Pax there can transfer to either Mt Ommaney/City BUZ (max 7.5 min wait)

-Passengers around Macpherson Rd etc would feed into Darra in preference by using the 103.

-106 stays as a 'coverage' route, modified to serve Monier Rd shops.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jonas Jade

Honestly, I don't like adding the via Monier Rd after Sinammon Park - eliminates the advantage gained (either perceived or actual), of the "green link".

Gazza

QuoteHonestly, I don't like adding the via Monier Rd after Sinammon Park - eliminates the advantage gained (either perceived or actual), of the "green link".
Which route do you mean...103?

I suppose the connection to the Monier Shops can still be maintained by the modified 106.
Tradeoff is loss of service on Cardiff Rd
This then?

ozbob

A connection with Jinadalee park n' ride to the rail is a good move.  Might make the park n' ride useful.
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

somebody

Quote from: Gazza on August 14, 2012, 10:19:40 AM
Key changes,
-Possibly delete the 451 and run more 103s? Tradeoff is longer journey times due to having to serve Monier Rd shops. Not sure about this one.
I say take the 103 out of Monier Rd shops and have the 103 stop on the north side of Darra, combined with a 103 extension south from Inala along the 460 route to Forest Lake Bvd.  Stop arrangements on the south side of Darra station aren't at all pretty for the 103 AIUI.  It's not too far to walk from Bellwood St to Monier Rd shops - might be controversial though.

-467 (My local!!!!) to become the full time route, running direct down Seventeen Mile Rocks Road.  468 Deleted.
Terminus of 467 cut back to Jindalee Park & Ride. Pax there can transfer to either Mt Ommaney/City BUZ (max 7.5 min wait)
Yes.

-106 stays as a 'coverage' route, modified to serve Monier Rd shops.
Hmm, that ties in with what I was saying above, and strengthens it.

I've got a meeting with my Local MP for Mt Ommaney at 2pm, only found out last night.
Well done.

Gazza

QuoteI say take the 103 out of Monier Rd shops and have the 103 stop on the north side of Darra, combined with a 103 extension south from Inala along the 460 route to Forest Lake Bvd.  Stop arrangements on the south side of Darra station aren't at all pretty for the 103 AIUI.  It's not too far to walk from Bellwood St to Monier Rd shops - might be controversial though.
So would this 103 extension replace the 460?

How should Cardiff Rd be served?

Jonas Jade

Quote from: Gazza on August 14, 2012, 10:33:57 AM
QuoteHonestly, I don't like adding the via Monier Rd after Sinammon Park - eliminates the advantage gained (either perceived or actual), of the "green link".
Which route do you mean...103?

I suppose the connection to the Monier Shops can still be maintained by the modified 106.
Tradeoff is loss of service on Cardiff Rd
This then?

Yeah that's what I meant.  :co3 -  Keeps the 103 direct and quick.

somebody

Quote from: Gazza on August 14, 2012, 10:52:24 AM
QuoteI say take the 103 out of Monier Rd shops and have the 103 stop on the north side of Darra, combined with a 103 extension south from Inala along the 460 route to Forest Lake Bvd.  Stop arrangements on the south side of Darra station aren't at all pretty for the 103 AIUI.  It's not too far to walk from Bellwood St to Monier Rd shops - might be controversial though.
So would this 103 extension replace the 460?

How should Cardiff Rd be served?
- Not on its own.  There is still the bit of Sumners Rd not served by the 45x.

- Walk to Darra.

Gazza

Yeah went well, was in agreeance about the need to simplify routes, said having the 467 is the one that gets used and the 468 much less so, and the deviation the 468 does makes little sense with the loop into Sinnamon Park.

Agreed that simplifying some routes (like the bundle to Mt Ommaney/Centenary) would free up funds for other changes, she seemed impressed that I'd taken a whole of area approach, and could see the connection between having a Centenary BUZ, and then terminating routes where they intersected that, and that you could pay for improvements that way.

Agreed that it makes sense to have bus routes that are the same all the time.

(Currently 81 buses per day from mt Ommaney, this would need to be 110 or so under a high frequency model)

At the same time raised point about city stop locations for the Centenary routes, and city stop locations in general causing frustration.

Said she'd been out riding some routes, and that some often only had 2 or 3 people on them, so made sure I said.
-Network needs both 'coverage' and 'patronage routes'.
-That there needs to be at least a basic level of coverage for everyone.
-Asked if because she's an MP that wether that means she can get stats off TL, said that she could.

Said in terms of infrastructure spending in the electorate, preference should be towards
-Removing rail network bottlenecks.
-Lift installation at stations

Rather than car parks.

She was in agreeance (without prompting) that the works at Corinda "Make you feel nice when you're at the station, but they're cosmetic and shouldn't be a priority. Said that others have raised that at Sherwood there is a facility for disabled youth, but can't access directly because of no lifts at Sherwood.

I said it was dissapointing that the $200 mil station upgrade hadn't actually achieved much except spread funds thinly.

Overall, she basically said these issues were a bit of an eye opener and she didn't realise about them.
I Said that some of this nitty gritty stuff is a bit unsexy and not a headliner like "fares", but it's the real reason people avoid/have issues with PT.

She said all MPs had been asked to have look at bus routes in their local area so this was all quite timely. She said that she found it quite confusing trying to piece it all together (Prior to the meeting I had gone by the library and picked up a copy of all local timetables....6 different ones for the area!) At that time was able to show on a computer an example of Melbournes area network maps: http://ptv.vic.gov.au/assets/Maps/Localities/PDFs/27_Manningham_LAM.pdf
And then TLs crappy ones: http://translink.com.au/resources/travel-information/network-information/maps/region/110606-western.pdf
And she was all "We need ones like Melbourne!"
She agreed when I said things like "So what does that red wiggly line mean?"

Took my details for if there is ever a focus group/committee with the minister.

somebody

Of course there are few people on the buses.  The services are awful!

Gazza

Gazza

I should have added, the revised 467 would serve Sinnamon Village rather than the 45x series doing that on random trips.

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

🡱 🡳