• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Yeronga - New Farm CFN BUZ

Started by Mr X, July 26, 2012, 11:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr X

I've been thinking about this for a while, how about a BUZ from New Farm to Yeronga, using a streamlined 105 route connected to the old New Farm 195?

It basically goes from Orlando Rd/Brisbane Corso at Yeronga, down Hyde Rd, Fairfield Rd, servicing Fairfield Gardens then along Annerley Rd, through the busway to the city, Adelaide St, Wickham St (the Valley), Warner St, Ann St and then down Brunswick St to New Farm Park.

Map -> click here

It thus gives residents from Yeronga and Fairfield a quicker trip into the city without needing to go via West End (quite a dogleg!). Not sure what to do about the 196, I notice that 90% of the time that patronage between Fairfield and Highgate Hill is quite poor.
Alternatively, it could go to James St in New Farm, which currently doesn't have a BUZ.

Thoughts?
The user once known as Happy Bus User (HBU)
The opinions contained within my posts and profile are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of the greater Rail Back on Track community.

HappyTrainGuy

It does duplicate a large portion of the railway line.

Mr X

Should people from Yeronga be fed into the Beenleigh line at Fairfield? Interchanging there between bus and train is terrible though.

It could also use the current 196 route via Gladstone Rd, but skip West End by going down Merivale/Cordelia Sts.
The user once known as Happy Bus User (HBU)
The opinions contained within my posts and profile are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of the greater Rail Back on Track community.

HappyTrainGuy

It could always terminate at Park Road/PA after using the busway instead of going all the way to new farm. Benefit of ex-Beenleigh/Cleveland and Gold Coast services.

O_128

Quote from: skinny6 on July 26, 2012, 11:22:52 AM
I reckon a Bulimba to New Farm BUZ (even though there's numerous BUZs already going to New Farm) Maybe a Bulimba to St Lucia Buz (by possibly extending the 412 or creating a new Glider service). Then you have the east-west inner city covered.

you know a 412 to bulimia isn't a bad idea. just keep running it down adelaide street then send it through the ivory tunnel and over the story bridge.
"Where else but Queensland?"

#Metro

I like this idea.

Some suggestions:

1. Extend the Yeronga end to terminate near the Yeronga train station or TAFE (this is possible).
2. Send it down James Street.

Done.

I like.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

🡱 🡳