• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

LNP: Six month action plan

Started by ozbob, July 14, 2012, 10:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

Mr X

We will lower the cost of living for families by cutting waste

The government is committed to delivering the following actions over the next six months:

Treasurer to deliver the government's first budget in September to start getting Queensland back on track and to lower the cost of living.
Halve the planned public transport fare hike scheduled for January 2013.
Finalise options to link the go card with the CityCycle scheme.

:bu

The government is committed to delivering the following actions over the next six months:

Simplify planning by amending the Sustainable Planning Act. (uh-ho...!!!!!)
Submit priorities for infrastructure funding from the federal government. (CRR ?)
Deliver the first draft of the 10 year strategy for the Bruce Highway upgrade.
Complete design for the Toowoomba CBD ring road and the West Creek railway bridge.
Develop options to expand heavy vehicle access to the existing road network.
Finalise the strategy and commence the business case to deliver an increase in the SEQ rail network capacity.
Introduce 15 minute off peak services on the Ferny Grove train line from Monday to Friday. (this is happening when!??)
The user once known as Happy Bus User (HBU)
The opinions contained within my posts and profile are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of the greater Rail Back on Track community.

#Metro

This is actually quite good. He's given a timeline - something we could never ever squeeze out of the previous government or were subjected to passive aggressive shifting goalposts for timelines that kept being pushed out and out and out and out (North coast line anyone?).

There we have it: WITHIN SIX MONTHS.

Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

Mr X

Weren't the 15 min freq trains to ferny grove supposed to be in by end of July? They've got 2 weeks to do it and no announcement has been made yet.
Timetable push back #1!
The opinions contained within my posts and profile are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of the greater Rail Back on Track community.

#Metro

Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

ozbob

There has never been a specific timetable for the Ferny Grove line frequency increase as far as I am aware (be delighted to be corrected though).  Bit like the fare review, just a broad committment.

I think Ferny Grove frequency increase will occur though later this year, possibly October.  Just a wild guess ...

somebody

Couldn't this have been combined with the sector 2 review?

ozbob

Quote from: Simon on July 14, 2012, 12:23:02 PM

Probably will be ...  I think phase 2 kicked off last week ...  they must have been doing something since the consultation ...

petey3801

Quote from: ozbob on July 14, 2012, 12:19:11 PM
There has never been a specific timetable for the Ferny Grove line frequency increase as far as I am aware (be delighted to be corrected though).  Bit like the fare review, just a broad committment.

I think Ferny Grove frequency increase will occur though later this year, possibly October.  Just a wild guess ...

Only thing I was going off with the July start date was communications from the Union about new services and new jobcards etc. It doesn't surprise me in the least that it has been pushed back!!

QuoteDevelop options to expand heavy vehicle access to the existing road network.

Good to see where their priorities lie though!  :pr
All opinions stated are my own and do not reflect those held by my employer.

ozbob

B doubles and triples and like on more of the roads is just madness, LNP madness ...  damage, trauma, congestion ...

Mr X

Quote from: tramtrain on July 14, 2012, 12:16:22 PM
Reference and citation please?

Hmmm did a google and can't find any announcement of a start date. Still adamant they announced a date, just can't find where.

somebody

Quote from: Mr X on July 14, 2012, 12:44:34 PM
Quote from: tramtrain on July 14, 2012, 12:16:22 PM
Reference and citation please?

Hmmm did a google and can't find any announcement of a start date. Still adamant they announced a date, just can't find where.
I have a vague recollection of that also.  Not so sure it was before the election though.

Fares_Fair

Quote from: Mr X on July 14, 2012, 10:24:29 AM

Treasurer to deliver the government's first budget in September to start getting Queensland back on track and to lower the cost of living.

Submit priorities for infrastructure funding from the federal government. (CRR ?)
Complete design for the Toowoomba CBD ring road and the West Creek railway bridge.
Finalise the strategy and commence the business case to deliver an increase in the SEQ rail network capacity.
Introduce 15 minute off peak services on the Ferny Grove train line from Monday to Friday. (this is happening when!??)

Oh my .... even MORE freight to go onto the highways instead of utilising the existing rail network.

They would save more money (and see list below) by using the existing rail network.. or is it because it cannot be handled by a predominately single line track in the 1680km between Brisbane and Cairns?

QUESTION
This will be paid for in what?

ANSWER
a.) blood.
b.) lives.
c.) trauma.
d.) road congestion
e.) all of the above (and probably more).
Regards,
Fares_Fair

Derwan

Quote from: ozbob on July 14, 2012, 12:29:21 PM
Quote from: Simon on July 14, 2012, 12:23:02 PM

Probably will be ...  I think phase 2 kicked off last week ...  they must have been doing something since the consultation ...

I don't think we'll see the Sector 2 timetable update until at least March next year when the Sandgate Station upgrade is complete.

Dan the timetable man confirmed that they aren't doing any modelling without the upgrade in place.
Website   |   Facebook   |  Twitter

BrizCommuter

Which will mean that the stage 2 timetables will end up being nearly 2 years late...

..until it's delayed further as there are insufficient trains.

ozbob

Quote from: BrizCommuter on July 15, 2012, 19:18:04 PM
Which will mean that the stage 2 timetables will end up being nearly 2 years late...

mufreight

It would seem obvious that the deliveries of additional train sets is to be delayed otherwise why defer Wulkuraka, which raises the question of who will be doing the refurbishments and heavy maintenance on the electric fleet anyway.
QRN who operate Redbank is reducing staff and the capacity for EDI / Bombader Maryborough is limited

Fares_Fair

Quote from: Fares_Fair on July 14, 2012, 17:52:58 PM
Quote from: Mr X on July 14, 2012, 10:24:29 AM

Oh my .... even MORE freight to go onto the highways instead of utilising the existing rail network.

They would save more money (and see list below) by using the existing rail network.. or is it because it cannot be handled by a predominately single line track in the 1680km between Brisbane and Cairns?

QUESTION
This will be paid for in what?

ANSWER
a.) blood.
b.) lives.
c.) trauma.
d.) road congestion
e.) all of the above (and probably more).

Correct answer:  e.) all of the above (and probably more).

If you got this right, congratulations - we all lose.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

petey3801

Quote from: mufreight on July 15, 2012, 19:36:58 PM

It would seem obvious that the deliveries of additional train sets is to be delayed otherwise why defer Wulkuraka, which raises the question of who will be doing the refurbishments and heavy maintenance on the electric fleet anyway.
QRN who operate Redbank is reducing staff and the capacity for EDI / Bombader Maryborough is limited

Redbank workshops are doing all refurbs of the (I imagine non-160/260 units) for the foreseeable future. The 220s and 120s that have been refurbished were done at EDi, however remIning 220s will be refurbished (who knows when?!?) at Redbank due to an ongoing agreement with Redbank.  Personally, I wish EDi would do them all, but thats not my decision!

beauyboy

www.space4cyclingbne.com
www.cbdbug.org.au

ozbob

Thanks for the link.

BUT,  note the date, the Government was the ALP then, it was the ALP making the claim not the LNP ...

Back to square one unfortunately ..

Stillwater

Does anyone have a handle on the number of trains (each week?) that travel up and back to Maryborough for repairs, grease and oil change etc?

petey3801

Quote from: Stillwater on July 16, 2012, 20:45:08 PM
Does anyone have a handle on the number of trains (each week?) that travel up and back to Maryborough for repairs, grease and oil change etc?

It's not a regular occurance. So far, most 160/260s have only returned to Maryborough once since delivery. Only other units to go up there are the 220s/120s that were going up to be refurbished. 121 has returned to Maryborough for some reason, I think 122 will be heading back up there as well shortly (might be something to do with the refurb?). Other than that, all the units are maintained at Mayne.

Stillwater

I ask because I am interested in non in-service train movements that add to the rail traffic on the NCL.  Thanks petey.

HappyTrainGuy

Yep. Mayne and the nearby associated facilities handle pretty much all the mtce needed for the CityTrain and Traveltrain fleet. Bogies, brake pads, air con, lights, windows, seat fabric, filters, compressors, fumigation, internal and external cleaning, fibreglass repairs, fault checking, some software modifications, rebranding, decanting, the wheel lathe, atp mods, replacing the fronts on rollingstock (EMUs, ICEs, Tilts), sealing, filters, door components, locks, safety bars, gangway parts, bins and bins of spare parts an so on and so on. You name it; it's probably done at Mayne. The only time they get sent back are for refurbs, major repairs that can't be undertaken at Mayne and a couple other things.

In regards for train movements on the NCL they can be after refurbs during the acceptance running. They can also be after mtce such as a component change to rectify a fault but they usually run to Caboolture. Along with the usual rollingstock positioning, chartered trains and driver/route training.

Golliwog

With regards to the FG 15 minute frequency pledge. They really need to keep their act together and remain consistant with what the promise actually is. IIRC, it started as 15 minutes off peak, morphed to 15 minutes between peaks. Then the monday to friday addendum was added. Now, on this site, it's written in as:
Introduce 15 minute off peak services on the Ferny Grove train line from Monday to Friday.
http://www.thepremier.qld.gov.au/plans-and-progress/6-months/infrastructure-and-planning.aspx

So is this now 15 minute frequency in the evenings as well as these are off-peak periods?
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

ozbob

Doubt it very much Golli, just a typographical slip ...

somebody

Quote from: Golliwog on July 24, 2012, 01:16:54 AM
With regards to the FG 15 minute frequency pledge. They really need to keep their act together and remain consistant with what the promise actually is. IIRC, it started as 15 minutes off peak, morphed to 15 minutes between peaks. Then the monday to friday addendum was added. Now, on this site, it's written in as:
The way I remember it, it was always interpeak.

Golliwog

Quote from: Simon on July 24, 2012, 09:34:52 AM
Quote from: Golliwog on July 24, 2012, 01:16:54 AM
The way I remember it, it was always interpeak.
They always meant interpeak when they first said it, but pretty sure all they said was "off-peak" to start with which is both between and after peaks.
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

🡱 🡳