• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

P88 via Milton Rd

Started by achiruel, June 13, 2012, 23:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the western end of the P88 be re-routed via Milton Rd, Croydon St, Jephson St, Sherwood Rd to Toowong

Should the P88 be left as-is?
1 (10%)
Should the P88 be rerouted via Milton Rd?
0 (0%)
Why bother when the train is there?
5 (50%)
Scrap P88 completely
2 (20%)
Other
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 13, 2012, 23:48:38 PM

achiruel

Seeing as TL refuse to get rid of the P88, I thought perhaps a more useful approach would be to send it down Milton Rd, giving residents/businesses in the area a frequent bus route.

What do you think?

Gazza

Milton Road already is in the catchment of a frequent rail route though.

Jonas Jade

While there are some parts of Milton Road that are a little bit outside of the catchment of the Ipswich line, its not really much, and they're better served by the all stops 470.

I think the P88 should be merged into the eventual Centenary BUZ (and the 8MP end discarded - if the services are really needed there, more 111s), and the Chapel Hill/Kenmore "City" routes sent to UQ.

#Metro

I think the P88 should form the BUZ 400.

Milton Road - bus - yes - there are a number of places where rail is not accessible and local stop access is needed. Boost the 470 and steam iron it so that it always stops neatly at Toowong and doesn't do the Dean Street Safari.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

somebody

88 should run from Garden City (not 8mp) to QUT KG via CCB, George St stops 108 & 116 then stop 130, Roma St busway, Normanby, QUT KG.  In the other direction, QUT KG, Normanby, Roma St busway, KGSBS (111 stop), William St stop 107, CCB, all to Garden City.

As for the specific proposal of using Sherwood Rd, I'd say no to that.  It would be no faster than the present route, and also not able to serve any existing stop in the O/B direction.

While Milton Rd is significantly faster than Coro, all the lights along Jephson St cancel out that benefit.  That's why I so strongly favour a Centenary route via Milton Rd and the Western Freeway.

Quote from: tramtrain on June 14, 2012, 01:00:42 AM
Boost the 470 and steam iron it so that it always stops neatly at Toowong and doesn't do the Dean Street Safari.
So Dean St becomes unserviced outside peak?  Hmm...

They should get rid of the variation here though.

techblitz

caught the p88 from roma st - buranda @ 420ish

Crush capacity right up to the bus driver.Lots of people already on the bus by roma st then a heap on at KGS.

Obviously people have clued on to the timewasting that is mater,southbank,cultural center and prefer to go over the ccook bridge.

i cant see this service being adjusted at any time in the near future if @ all.

🡱 🡳