• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

extend the caboolture line

Started by richard, October 13, 2006, 21:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard

Seems to me that population is heading west from Caboolture, and parking at Caboolture is becoming difficult.  May be worth investing in some car parks and electric wires to Wamuran to alleviate the problem.

richard

jason

Big misconception is that QR is the only operator allowable in QLD, infact any operator, including Cityrail and Private Enterprise is able to run passenger services in QLD, like freight services.

Why hasn't any businesses start operating? on spur lines like this ( or similar to v/rail )

stephenk

Quote from: jason on July 11, 2008, 20:27:32 PM
Big misconception is that QR is the only operator allowable in QLD, infact any operator, including Cityrail and Private Enterprise is able to run passenger services in QLD, like freight services.

Why hasn't any businesses start operating? on spur lines like this ( or similar to v/rail )

Probably because it would not be profitable?
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2007 - 7tph
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2010 - 4tph
* departures from Central between 16:30 and 17:30.

Huggies

Quote from: stephenk on July 12, 2008, 08:06:02 AM
Probably because it would not be profitable?

i.e. Translink / QT won't provide the funding. The only profitable passenger service in Queensland is the Cairns - Kuranda train.
Sometimes I think the Go Card can go and get F**KED!

"It shocks me that Huggies has had a good idea for once in his dim-witted life!" - Jason Roberts, A.T.D.B.

🡱 🡳