• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

It's official!! There is a problem with the time on the bus go card system

Started by ozbob, April 21, 2008, 12:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Quote:

TransLink is aware of an issue with some buses' internal clocks being out by one hour under certain conditions. This issue may affect transfers for both paper tickets and go cards.

Cubic Transportation Systems have identified a solution to this issue and is progressing it as a matter of urgency.

Passengers who feel they may have been affected by this issue should call TransLink on 13 12 30.

From http://www.translink.com.au/

Thanks Translink!  At least go card commuters will now be better informed.

:-t
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

Please let all your fellow go card users know! 

Check their transaction history carefully and ring Translink 131230 for refunds of the excess charges.

:-c

Huggies

Sometimes I think the Go Card can go and get F**KED!

"It shocks me that Huggies has had a good idea for once in his dim-witted life!" - Jason Roberts, A.T.D.B.

ozbob

Technical issues, software bugs whatever will happen.

The issue of concern to us was the fact that there was no public statement of the time problems so that go card users on the buses would be aware of the time issue and the need to check their transactions. Also being informed allows users to use other ticketing options till the system is corrected if they wished to avoid the excess fares and so forth.

We notified Translink with the specific details of the problem on the 10th April.  The public statement has appeared on the 21st April.  The problem first appeared on the 7th April, I became aware of the issue on the 8/9th and it took a little while to confirm the exact nature of the problem before contacting Translink. Although I am sure that their own staff would have been notified directly by Brisbane Transport and possibly other operators.

Cheers
Ozbob

SockGap

I was affected by this for the first time today.  The bus driver did try to stop me from touching on and offered me a free ride but I was a bit quick for him and the system had already registered me.  Luckily I wasn't transferring so it didn't matter.  I didn't think to "touch off after 10 seconds" until a bit latter.  D'oh.

The bus driver mentioned something about the system needing a reboot and then not being synchronised until it gets back to the depot...   So I guess he must have rebooted after leaving the depot.  It had the wrong time on the screen (forward by one hour - showing 10:00am when it was 9:00am).   And my Go Card Transaction History shows the incorrect time...

ozbob

The warning on the main translink web site http://www.translink.com.au/
concerning the time issue on the go card has been reduced to a small link on the main page. 

It is as if TL doesn't want punters to see it!   :-w

Here is the text of the notice:

Quotebus ticket timing issue - effective 23 April 2008

TransLink is aware of an issue with some buses' internal clocks being out by one hour under certain conditions. This issue may affect transfers for both paper tickets and go cards.

Cubic Transportation Systems have identified a solution to this issue and is progressing it as a matter of urgency.

Minister for Transport, John Mickel wants to assure commuters that the issue is not caused by drivers. The problem occurs when the driver console loses power and is out of range of the depot computer. Cubic's solution involves replacing a file on each bus that will rectify the issue.

Passengers who feel they may have been affected by this issue should call TransLink on 13 12 30. If they have been overcharged because of this timing issue they will be given a refund, in line with TransLink's normal refunds policy.

From --> http://www.translink.com.au/qt/translin.nsf/index/media_busclocks_apr08

🡱 🡳