• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Greens Campaign launch 9 March 2012

Started by ozbob, March 11, 2012, 17:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

QUEENSLAND GREENS ELECTION CAMPAIGN OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED --> here!
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

Fares_Fair

Nothing there but general statements of philosophy and aspiration, with little or no detail.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

somebody

Quote from: Fares_Fair on March 11, 2012, 17:34:59 PM
Nothing there but general statements of philosophy and aspiration, with little or no detail.
Comments which can be applied to the Greens in general.

BrizCommuter

Quote from: Simon on March 11, 2012, 17:52:02 PM
Quote from: Fares_Fair on March 11, 2012, 17:34:59 PM
Comments which can be applied to the Greens in general.

The Greens haven't even come up with some local policies for Ashgrove. Disappointing!

Jonno

So let's vote for parties who think our philosophies and positions (which match the Greens) is just wishful thinking and foolhardy.  Then we will spend another 4 years complaining they are prioritizing roads over public transport!

Not I said the fly

Gazza

Agreed. We have preferential voting, so there is no excuse for voting who you think is truly best.

None of this "It's a waste of a vote" crap.

And even if we did have a first past the post system, are people so egotistical that they vote for a larger party, even if they don't really like them, so they can feel part of something bigger and that their vote got tallied?

achiruel

Quote from: Gazza on March 12, 2012, 01:11:23 AM
And even if we did have a first past the post system, are people so egotistical that they vote for a larger party, even if they don't really like them, so they can feel part of something bigger and that their vote got tallied?

I think in this situation, it's often a case of voting for the least detestable candidate from the major parties, e.g. say if someone really wants to vote Green, but hates Labor so vote LNP to ensure Labor don't get in.  Of course this is a non-issue with OPV.

Jonas Jade

Everyone loves to complain about the major parties, yet so many people will still just give them first preference.

Even just 5-10 more independents/Greens/smaller parties will give a much more lively political landscape than the dross we have to see now.

Go on, give it a try!

Jonas Jade

I never advocated turning the Greens into a major force. Just a bit more vibrancy in the political landscape. It depends on the workings of the minority. I'd consider (some may debate it) the federal minority government to have been fairly successful, and we have now an alliance party (The LNP) that may be the governing force in Queensland.

Don't forget the Labor party has split previously (Queensland Labor party - 1957), so your political breakdown isn't limited to interparty alliances either.

I don't doubt the hard work of politicians. I just think that with preferential voting, people have more choice than they are led to believe / or understand.

🡱 🡳