• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Ray Smith- parking policy

Started by Mr X, January 25, 2012, 18:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr X

For our general interest
QuoteIf elected at the 2012 elections a Ray Smith administration will:

Introduce a new, free, smart phone application that warns residents when their parking meter is about to expire or their car park is about to become a clearway.
Review and reduce the number of hours parking meters are active.
Review and reduce the amount of money charged for parking in a metered space.
Provide more free parking spaces for local residents to park free.
Introduce clearer signage so residents are not confused about where they can park.
Provide limited free parking for customers of small businesses located at shopping strips.
Review the appropriateness of where parking meters have been installed and if residents overwhelmingly want meters in their residential street removed, they will be.
Review the entire Resident Parking Permit Scheme to provide stronger support and preference for residents.
http://raysmith.com.au/?p=569
The user once known as Happy Bus User (HBU)
The opinions contained within my posts and profile are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of the greater Rail Back on Track community.

Jonno

No doubt he will also claim to fix congestion!  Choose 1 because you can't have both!  Go Greens because the rest are a joke!!

aldonius

Smartphone app is good, more/clearer signage is good. Reviewing inner suburbs parking is good. Increasing CBD parking is bad populism.

@Jonno: I don't think Greens are ready to be the government, and I say this as someone who [personally and not in any terms intended to represent RBoT] supports about 90% of what I've read of their policies.

Jonno

They could not be any worse than the ALP or LNP.  They might just surprise you.  Lot of smart people are members and or candidates!

SurfRail

Stupid populist nonsense.

The country is crying out for leadership with balls - real policies which are targeted at fixing problems, not salving perceived wrongs like paying for parking.  Nobody is out there with this sort of policy (except for the ones who tend to be utter loonies in other respects).
Ride the G:

aldonius

Don't get me wrong Jonno - I want the Greens in government. Just not the government until they have some established MP's.
QuoteThey could not be any worse than the ALP or LNP.
Hmm. Maybe I'm applying a reverse double standard.

Mr X

The smart phone app looks the best of the bunch IMHO- they could make it into a general BCC one with info on rates, water restrictions, alerts etc.
The user once known as Happy Bus User (HBU)
The opinions contained within my posts and profile are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of the greater Rail Back on Track community.

🡱 🡳