• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Building a Frequent Feeder Network

Started by #Metro, December 24, 2011, 11:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

#Metro

The Core Frequent Network (Bus, Rail)
once in place will allow high frequency, high capacity, high speed (hopefully!) travel between Brisbane suburbs and the CBD along main, legible, arterial roads and also between main suburban centres to other main suburban centres (Sunnybank, Indooroopilly, Carindale, Toowong, etc).

CFN will allow lower frequency services to be re-cast as frequent feeder buses supplying the CFN.

Gazza's discussion on Chadstone and Hugesdale got me thinking- what similar situations do we have here in Brisbane?

Some ideas for Key Frequent Feeders

1. Collingwood Park - Redbank Plains Shops - Goodna Station (Requires 4tph Ipswich Line)
2. Redbank Plains - Bellbird Park - Goodna Station (Requires 4tph Ipswich Line)
3. Inala and Richlands (Requires 4tph on Richlands line or use Darra)
4. Mt Ommaney to Darra (Could be done as part of area restructure when introducing BUZ 400)
5. Between Chapel Hill and Indooroopilly Shops and Indooroopilly rail (hmm, could be linked to UQ services permanently, remove citybound chapel hill services?)
6. Ferny Hills - Arana Hills - Mitchelon
7. 358 Western Super Centre - Stafford Rd- Toombul
8. Aspley and Geebung Station (Requires 4 tph Caboolture Line)

Any others?
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

SurfRail

690 and 695 feeders into Sandgate could do with a boost, especially in the evening.  The fleet exists to deliver these services.

I believe the 550 and 560 both appear in Logan City Council planning instruments as high-frequency routes.

Beenleigh could also do with much better feeder routes, particular if we are suggesting things like closing Holmview.
Ride the G:

achiruel

Quote from: SurfRail on December 24, 2011, 13:12:03 PM
I believe the 550 and 560 both appear in Logan City Council planning instruments as high-frequency routes.

LCC does planning?  :-r :-r :-r

To me it looks like they approve anything & everything, without a thought as to how people are going to get where they want/need to go.

🡱 🡳