• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Official Translink (near) system map

Started by somebody, November 14, 2011, 23:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somebody

Hi,
I've come across some hard copies of Translink System Maps.  Not quite complete (missing North 3/5) and a few issues at the boundaries, and no Redlands Map.  Anyway, here's the links, with thumbnail maps:

There was a Caboolture and Bribie one as well. And ones for the north and south Sunshine and Gold Coasts.

Based on the routes, seems to be before the 330 extension, 126 formation and 119 truncation, which puts it before May 2010.  However, after the 444 BUZification.  Yes, I know there's a bit of a gap in there, of about 3 years.  Not all the maps have the same vintage either as far as I can see.  Some show 66 but others don't.  Also before the 270 formation - 250 was running down Redland Bay Rd rather than to Cleveland Station.

Errors I can see so far:
- 426 via Miskin St
- 101+102+103 are all missing
- Some maps show 435 + 411 + 350 via Gregory Tce

The point is that this proves that the once existed, in spite of Translink's insistence that they were unneeded.

Mr X

The user once known as Happy Bus User (HBU)
The opinions contained within my posts and profile are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of the greater Rail Back on Track community.

somebody

Quote from: HBU on November 14, 2011, 23:20:58 PM
196/197
still a 191 which got the chop
I believe those changes were made only a few months ago re: 197.  Not sure when the 191 was, but I'm guessing at the same time.  I already said it was before May 2010.

Must have been after May 2008 though, because it mentions the 222 to Carindale.

Besides errors, the major limitation of these maps is not showing the termini of routes, or at least not clearly.

SurfRail

These were associated with Travelsmart.  I have a hard copy of one of the Gold Coast ones somewhere.

Using the Brisway mapping seems to be very cost-effective and quite reasonable, although getting Transit Graphics to do it would be better:

http://transitgraphics.com.au/
Ride the G:

somebody

Quote from: SurfRail on November 15, 2011, 13:20:56 PM
These were associated with Travelsmart.  I have a hard copy of one of the Gold Coast ones somewhere.

Using the Brisway mapping seems to be very cost-effective and quite reasonable, although getting Transit Graphics to do it would be better:

Looks correct.  What would prevent them from updating these maps and re-releasing them?  There is a market.

dwb

Quote from: Simon on November 15, 2011, 13:31:17 PM
Quote from: SurfRail on November 15, 2011, 13:20:56 PM

Looks correct.  What would prevent them from updating these maps and re-releasing them?  There is a market.

They need location maps at stops, and if you ask me Brisway doesn't cut it!

Still, I'm sure there are good ones out there that could be licenced!

🡱 🡳