• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Indooroopilly Bus Rail Interchange Study

Started by somebody, November 01, 2011, 16:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somebody

Seems this has been done!

QuoteIndooroopilly Bus Rail Interchange Study

This study was undertaken for QT in conjunction with Connell Wagner, and involved a detailed examination of the feasibility of introducing bus-rail services at Indooroopilly railway station. VLC's contribution to the study included development of detailed bus operating strategies, patronage estimation and economic evaluation of the proposal.

http://www.veitchlister.com.au/projects/indooroopilly-bus-rail-interchange-study

Anyone heard of this before?  How come not released?

jouzocha

Quote from: Simon on November 01, 2011, 16:57:04 PM
Seems this has been done!

Anyone heard of this before?  How come not released?

No, and probably because it was i) a good idea and ii) expensive, so the Gov't didn't want people to know about it because it wouldn't be getting done.

The only way I can see this happening is with resumptions, which are fine roads/tunnels but bad for public transport, mmmkay?  ::)

Golliwog

But as you now know it exists, you could call and ask. If they don't release it, then it would be available under RTI would it not?
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Otto

Was looking at the rail system in Perth, and found a few good examples of Bus/Rail interchanges that would work at Indooroopilly...
I doubt the Govt would do this as they have just foolishly spent money dressing up Indro instead of doing a real solution and solving the pressing need for an interchange..

7 years at Bayside Buses
33 years at Transport for Brisbane
Retired and got bored.
1 year at Town and Country Coaches and having a ball !

🡱 🡳