• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Express the 8:50am Central arrival from Rosewood

Started by somebody, October 19, 2011, 08:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

somebody

There are 12 minute gaps at the all stopping stations between the 8:32am and 8:44am arrivals, and without this train there would still be a 12 minute gap to the 8:56am arrival.  I cannot see how it is an issue to have this not serving Oxley-Chelmer+Taringa+Auchenflower

Similarly, I think the 3:58pm departure should be express but that does leave a 15 minute gap at the bypassed stations.

Cam

I agree, both should be express services. Why timetable an all stations service to Ipswich (3.58pm) when there is a Richlands service scheduled to depart just 3 minutes later?  :thsdo

If the 3.58pm was an express service, I would be able to catch it to pick up my son from day care by 4.30pm. However, because it is not, I catch the earlier 3.40pm service. That's 18 minutes every weekday lost time with my family because I need to start work earlier to catch the earlier service home.

BrizCommuter

Quote from: Cam on October 19, 2011, 09:51:57 AM
I agree, both should be express services. Why timetable an all stations service to Ipswich (3.58pm) when there is a Richlands service scheduled to depart just 3 minutes later?  :thsdo

If the 3.58pm was an express service, I would be able to catch it to pick up my son from day care by 4.30pm. However, because it is not, I catch the earlier 3.40pm service. That's 18 minutes every weekday lost time with my family because I need to start work earlier to catch the earlier service home.

18 mins gap is shorter than the service gaps on many other lines at this time of day!

somebody

Quote from: BrizCommuter on October 19, 2011, 17:43:20 PM
18 mins gap is shorter than the service gaps on many other lines at this time of day!
So there should be a continual flight to the bottom?

🡱 🡳