• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Article: Steve a bus-train expert

Started by ozbob, October 11, 2011, 16:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

From the Gold Coast Bulletin 6th October 2011 page 11

Steve a bus-train expert

:-t  Good work ..
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  Twitter

SurfRail

Gee, that guy isn't terribly photogenic, is he?
Ride the G:

O_128

;D

On another note, the GC is much better for a feeder system compared to brisbane due to a more logical road network and better station facilities.
Any news on when Coomera/helensvale duplication and the beenleigh triplication are scheduled for?
"Where else but Queensland?"

somebody

Nit pick:
QuoteIn Brisbane and elsewhere, every time there is an improvement in services they get a spike in patronage
You know, like the 77, 88 and 222.  ;D  :conf

SurfRail

Quote from: Simon on October 11, 2011, 16:54:56 PM
Nit pick:
QuoteIn Brisbane and elsewhere, every time there is an improvement in services they get a spike in patronage

Are they "improvements?"  :D

I think the point "Steve" was making was that the BUZ network represents a real improvement in mobility due to the frequency and speed afforded.  And to be honest, if the resources used to provide the 77, 88 and 222 were allocated to the Gold Coast, they would probably generate a lot more bang for buck.
Ride the G:

SurfRail

Quote from: O_128 on October 11, 2011, 16:47:43 PM
;D

On another note, the GC is much better for a feeder system compared to brisbane due to a more logical road network and better station facilities.
Any news on when Coomera/helensvale duplication and the beenleigh triplication are scheduled for?

Coomera River - 2014-ish I believe.

Last figure I ever saw for a third track to Kingston was 2016, but that was ages ago, and the project scope might be extended to Loganlea as it is the eventual UrbanLink terminus (and I would also imagine a stabling location due to the isolated open space available to the south just before the Logan River).

This figures are both subject to Project Initiation Timeframe Inflation (PITI), which as we all know is roughly 200% (ie for every 1 month that passes before commencement of a project, the notional end date of a project is pushed back by 2 months).
Ride the G:

somebody

Quote from: SurfRail on October 11, 2011, 17:20:24 PM
QuoteYou know, like the 77, 88 and 222.  ;D  :conf
Are they "improvements?"  :D
Touche!

How did I neglect that point?

Gazza

HappyTrainGuy

He looks high... THe photographer must be a giant.

SurfRail

Quote from: Gazza on October 11, 2011, 18:45:47 PM
Quote from: SurfRail on October 11, 2011, 16:43:39 PM
Gee, that guy isn't terribly photogenic, is he?
Epic beard man.

"A beard without a man is no beard.  A man without a beard is no man."  :-t
Ride the G:

Golliwog

Haha, for all your beard needs, go youtube a band called "The Beards" who sing such classics as "If your Dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two Mums" and "A wizard needs a beard"
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

colinw

Quote from: Simon on October 11, 2011, 16:54:56 PM
Nit pick:

Memo to the numptys who run public transport in this joke of a state: better service frequency = patronage increase works for trains too!  Not that I expect that concept to be comprehensible anywhere north of the border.

­čí▒ ­čí│