• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Blasts from the past how far QR has come.

Started by ghostryder, August 13, 2011, 12:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derwan

Shorncliffe hasn't changed much... except that they've removed the middle track and electrified the other two.

The photo was taken from the pedestrian bridge that is about to be permanently closed.
Website   |   Facebook   |  Twitter

Cam

Thank you ghostryder for posting these links. It's a great collection of photos over several decades.  :-t

QR passenger services have certainly gone backwards west of Rosewood when you see photos of passenger rail services to Helidon from the past. It would be interesting to see how long these services took from Central to Rosewood & Gatton and compare them to the current timetable.

Golliwog

Does anyone know if QR (and/or QRN) have their photos online anywhere? I know they have a little book about the history of the company, which is available to staff (not sure about publicly though) which had a number of shots of Mayne through the years including construction of I believe the old FG flyover as well as during the war when it had air raid shelters set up.
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

BrizCommuter

Quote from: Golliwog on August 14, 2011, 18:17:46 PM
Does anyone know if QR (and/or QRN) have their photos online anywhere? I know they have a little book about the history of the company, which is available to staff (not sure about publicly though) which had a number of shots of Mayne through the years including construction of I believe the old FG flyover as well as during the war when it had air raid shelters set up.

QR have some historical photos on flickr.com

Otto

7 years at Bayside Buses
33 years at Transport for Brisbane
Retired and got bored.
1 year at Town and Country Coaches and having a ball !

🡱 🡳