• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

The reason why easter is so early this year

Started by Mozz, March 18, 2008, 19:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozz

Wandering around the intraweb I found this information - makes for interesting reading:

Easter this year is Sunday March 23rd.    It's always the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the Autumn Equinox.   Easter can be one day earlier (March 22nd) but that's pretty rare.   This year is the earliest Easter any of us will see for the rest of our lives.   Only the most elderly of our population (at least 95 years old) have seen it this early.    And none of us has ever, or will ever, see it earlier.

The next time Easter will be this early (March 23rd) is in 220 years time, in 2228.   The last time it was this early was in 1913.   The next time it will be one day earlier (March 22nd) will be 277 years from now, in 2285.   The last time Easter fell on March 22nd was in 1818.    So no-one alive today has, or will ever, see it earlier than this year.

ozbob

I thought it was a bit early!   :-w

Thanks, interesting Mozz!

Cheers
Ozbob
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

Otto

The latest Easter can fall is on ANZAC Day, April 25th.. We won't need to wait too long as the next time will be in the year 2038 !
If you don't want to wait that long, We will have Easter on April 24th, 2011... I wonder what will happen with the Public Holidays in 2011 ?
7 years at Bayside Buses
33 years at Transport for Brisbane
Retired and got bored.
1 year at Town and Country Coaches and having a ball !

SteveT79

Start booking your 5 day long weekend easter holidays now ;)

🡱 🡳