• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Indooroopilly stops

Started by somebody, June 15, 2011, 19:17:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we add stops at Indooroopilly to serve its north end?

Yes - as outlined
2 (66.7%)
No - would slow it down
1 (33.3%)
No - other
0 (0%)
something else
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: June 22, 2011, 19:17:21 PM

somebody

I've been thinking about the 88.  I'd have to say, for some trips I find it fantastic, in spite of my criticisms of it.  It's a shorter walk to pick up the 88 from Moggill Rd, and it also serves the Boomerang St stop which is good for accessing Caxton St.

The question then is: Should the O/B express services serve the stop on Moggill Rd approaching Musgrave Rd, and should the I/B express services serve stop 24 on Musgrave Rd?  There needs to be a single stop for all I/B services IMNSHO.  It is exceedingly annoying to see the 88 go by waiting at Indooroopilly interchange, and likewise to see the 444 (or another bus) go by at stop 24.  You cannot say that you should read the timetable, because these things don't always run to time.

Checking whereis.com (http://www.whereis.com/?id=8ADDAAF2C8DDCA), the distance between the Taringa and Indooroopilly stops is 1.4km, half of which is a significant walk.  As is the walk from the Cribb St stop to Roma St station or the Cultural Centre.

somebody

The other issue is that Indooroopilly A to Indooroopilly school via Station Rd is less direct than via Finney Rd.  Why not make that the official route?

I suppose it wouldn't be supported by TL to non stop Indooroopilly B for routes other than the 88.

dwb

Can you make a map? I find this hard to visualise.

somebody

Quote from: dwb on June 15, 2011, 23:19:03 PM
Can you make a map? I find this hard to visualise.
Updated the whereis path to have the two stopping points as (unlabeled) waypoints.  Start point is the Taringa express stop, first waypoint is the Moggill Rd approaching Musgrave Rd stop, second waypoint is Musgrave Rd stop 24, end point is the Indooroopilly interchange:
http://www.whereis.com/?id=CCAF0DC2FEE1DC

Does that clear it up?

Andrew

Quote from: Simon on June 15, 2011, 19:37:25 PM
The other issue is that Indooroopilly A to Indooroopilly school via Station Rd is less direct than via Finney Rd.  Why not make that the official route?

Because all the snobs that live around Indro there don't like buses coming down THEIR street. Finney Rd is quick but it can be difficult to get BACK onto Moggil Rd sometimes at the school there as I found out at 3pm one afternoon on a 460.
Schrödinger's Bus:
Early, On-time and Late simultaneously, until you see it...

somebody

Do you mean the school Moggill Rd/Russell Tce/Taringa Pde?  What's difficult there?  Or is there a different school?

As for snobs not liking it, I think they should rack off.

dwb

Yes the map makes it clearer (it was actually as I'd imagined) however I forget what the Indro inbound buses do... is stop 24 already in existence just down from the police station towards the roundabout??

somebody

Quote from: dwb on June 21, 2011, 11:13:50 AM
Yes the map makes it clearer (it was actually as I'd imagined) however I forget what the Indro inbound buses do... is stop 24 already in existence just down from the police station towards the roundabout??
Stop 24 has always been there, but prior to the 88 it was only served by the 433 and 445.  Not sure about those routes on the O/B either.

dwb

Quote from: Simon on June 21, 2011, 11:17:58 AM
Quote from: dwb on June 21, 2011, 11:13:50 AM
Stop 24 has always been there, but prior to the 88 it was only served by the 433 and 445.  Not sure about those routes on the O/B either.

Yes I strongly agree there should be a stop at the northern end of UQ Indro served by most routes... would this make the southern stop redundant in the long run?? Perhaps with a new railway station near Denmac ford that is fully integrated with a busway station?

[edit correction]

somebody

Trust you mean Indro, not UQ.

I tend to think it would make the interchange somewhat redundant.  Although I can't imagine the centre being excited about buses non stopping it.

I can't imagine that a new train station is going to happen.  It would be very close to the existing stations.

SurfRail

Quote from: Simon on June 22, 2011, 08:17:50 AM

I tend to think it would make the interchange somewhat redundant.  Although I can't imagine the centre being excited about buses non stopping it.

I can't imagine that a new train station is going to happen.  It would be very close to the existing stations.

It would have to be in lieu,  not in addition.

I still think there is ample opportunity to get buses closer to Indro Station now by using stops deployedon the existing surface streets - moreso now that Stop E is there.

Opposition from locals should be weighed up against the sheer idiocy of funnelling everything into Coro Dr and Milton Rd because it is all too hard to implement interchanging properly.
Ride the G:

somebody

UQ Bound would ideally be on Westminster Rd f/s Coonan St.  Other direction could be on Clarence Rd.

dwb

Quote from: Simon on June 22, 2011, 08:17:50 AM

Well Taringa pretty much has to be rebuilt anyway yeah?

somebody

For disability access?  Maybe.  Although Taringa does have bus alternatives.

🡱 🡳