• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Started by somebody, June 02, 2011, 16:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

somebody

Reportedly this route is/was unable to use the Stones Rd level crossing due to it being deemed unsafe for buses after a fatal accident in 2003.  Some work has been done on this crossing in the S2K triple, but I'm unaware of whether or not this makes it safe.  I say that if it is unsafe, the 135 should be truncated at Sunnybank shops and an alternate service run between Sunnybank station and Hellawell Rd, meeting every train.  Otherwise, if it is safe, the 135 should resume using the level crossing.  Although I don't see the point to it extending beyond the 130 if it is to follow the 130's route.  A possibility is having the 135 (or feeder replacement) stick to Algester Rd rather than looping around Ridgewood Rd.

SurfRail

You could reroute the 135 to terminate at Calam Rd by turning the opposite way when it reaches Hellawell.  Maybe even send it further along Compton Rd to provide better connections for the Stretton area, which only has the 152 for most of the day.

Part of me wonders if we should route the 130 along the 135 route from Parkinson until Hellawell Rd, then continue it up to Mains Rd as per normal route from the Hellawell Rd intersection.  Would that provide any journey time savings?

The 132 frequency needs to be upgraded to something useful - it can be permanently routed via the current 131 route (allowing the 131 to be withdrawn).  Then, the 132 could provide the direct connection to Calam/Comption Road shops.

Ride the G:

somebody

I agree.  Now that the 140 is a BUZ, Calam Rd and the other stop are served by that.  Hellawell Rd would be about the same speed, but would increase the coverage of the BUZ network.  Would pretty completely remove the need for the 115, although perhaps that already is unneeded.

🡱 🡳