• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Article: Rail commuter's diary of bad timing

Started by Sunbus610, May 23, 2011, 15:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunbus610

QuoteRail commuter's diary of bad timing
Rae Wilson | 23rd May 2011

A Buderim legal secretary will be forced to catch an even earlier train to commute to Brisbane after two weeks of "unacceptable" delays.

Ina Bailey began keeping a diary of her daily commute a fortnight ago after numerous delays and track disruptions made her late to work.

Mrs Bailey said she had been told multiple times that signal failures and congestion were the cause and a door closing problem occurred once.

She said congestion seemed to cause many delays when "so-called express" trains had to stop to wait for other trains to pass.

"We retired and moved to the Sunshine Coast from Brisbane but with the economy and prices going up, I decided to go back to work since January," she said.

"I drive to Sippy Downs and catch a bus to Landsborough to get the 6.54am train which should arrive at Central at 8.16am.

"I work near Eagle St on the river so it takes me 10 minutes to walk and I get to work with five minutes to spare.

"Previously you might get the odd late train but in recent times it has been consistently late and it is so frustrating.

"Since I kept a diary it has been late every day, bar one, and I just think it is ludicrous.

"My husband and I have both rung to find out the problem and we get told different stories.

"I used to laugh and say there's nothing dull about train travelling but it's gotten beyond a joke.

"I just can't imagine how much worse it might be when the new timetable comes in on June 6."

Mrs Bailey said during the week she spoke to a man who had moved to the Sunshine Coast with his family for the lifestyle.

"He also said he had travelled all over the world and that the Queensland trains were the worst he had encountered."

Mrs Bailey said the State Government should "pull its finger out" because people were leaving the Coast in frustration.

"I just feel like we're ignored here on the Coast," she said.

>>> Article from the SUNSHINE COAST DAILY
Proud to be a Sunshine Coaster ..........

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

🡱 🡳