• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Sunshine Coast : Bus co-ordination 605/615/616 with Rail services

Started by Fares_Fair, May 23, 2011, 13:06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fares_Fair

Hello All,

This morning I had a passenger tell me that there is an issue with the Sunshine Coast bus services from Landsborough Rail Station under the new timetable.
The bus routes shown on the new rail timetable are 605, 615 and (new ?) 616.
Any Sunshine Coasters like to comment on the new June 6 timetable and the bus co-ordination.
Do these services suitably coincide ?

Regards,
Fares_Fair.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

ozbob

http://translink.com.au/resources/travel-information/services-and-timetables/timetables/110606-605,615.pdf

Certainly all the 605, 615 services are shown as connecting with rail, both directions.  

http://translink.com.au/resources/travel-information/services-and-timetables/timetables/100628_616,617,618.pdf

The 616 only connects to Landsborough rail  with one service in the evening to and from.  Outbound rail can make, 21 minute wait.  Inbound no go.  But I don't think it matters for the 616.
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

Fares_Fair

G'day Bob,

Thanks for that.
Sorted.
I shall pass this information on to the passenger concerned.   :-t

Regards,
Fares_Fair.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

Fares_Fair

Quote from: Fares_Fair on May 23, 2011, 14:19:49 PM
Thanks for the information.
There are missing connections at a relevant time that would actually suit the typical 0830 – 1700 commuter.

The services I reference are:

AM

0708 Express Landborough Depart – No connecting service

PM

1722 and 1749 Central depart – No connecting service.

Like most city commuters I generally do not finish until 1700 each day and would thus have to either catch a later train or wait at the station until a bus arrives at 725 therefore not arriving home over 3 hours after I finish work.

This is unacceptable

Feedback received thanks.

Regards,
Fares_Fair.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

ozbob

There is a lengthy PM peak gap particularly.  Worth raising it with TL.

mufreight

Co-ordination, can anyone at Translink actualy spell the word much less understand what it means?

ozbob

Raised the PM peak gap directly with TransLink today.  They are going to review it.

:-c

Arnz

Quote from: ozbob on May 25, 2011, 18:24:36 PM
Raised the PM peak gap directly with TransLink today.  They are going to review it.

Hopefully common sense prevails.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

Fares_Fair

Hello Bob,

Thank you very much for that.
The pasenger also raised his concern direct with TRANSLink.
I shall let the passenger know of your assistance.

Regards,
Fares_Fair.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

Arnz

I've got a letter from TransLink in regards to the missed weekend connections (under 24hrs response).  I do commend them for a speedy response.  :-t

However, the response had little to do with the points I've raised up (most of the response seems to be macro-ed), and pretty much was a advertised rehash of the "NEW Timetables 6th June"  ::).  To their credit however, my email has been "forwarded" to the relevant department.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

Fares_Fair

Bus NON-co-ordination, proudly brought to you by Translink.

This from yet another commuter on the Sunshine Coast line who wrote to Translink and received this response.
The response is edited to relieve ennui.

QuoteRegarding the 605 bus, there are currently no plans to connect with the services arriving in Landsborough at 6:34pm, 6:48pm and 7:09pm. However, I would like to advise that your feedback has been forwarded to the appropriate area within Translink and will be used in future consultation on these matters...
Translink appreciates that service changes could be met with disapproval by some residents. However, in this instance, the timetables offer customers improved consistency and relaibility as well as a more simplified and easier to understand timetable.

Thanks for the feedback received.
To Translink's credit, it was an appropriate response and addressed the issue raised.
The fact that these are major peak hour services home notwithstanding.

Regards,
Fares_Fair.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

Arnz

The afternoon peak gap for Route 605/615s has been fixed.  Credit to TransLink and Sunbus.   :-t

Now to push on for the weekend 605/615 (3-hr) bus gaps to be resolved.  :lo :bu :lo :bu

http://translink.com.au/travel-information/service-updates/bulletin/1305511184

QuoteRoute 605

timetable will change to maintain bus/train connections
    most changes during peak will be quite minor, approximately 5-10 minutes
    some trips have shifts of up to 65 minutes during off-peak times
    following feedback from the community, an additional two services have been added to the afternoon peak (at 6.55 and 7.15pm) to ensure buses continue to meet connecting train services.

Route 615

timetable will change to maintain bus/train connections
    most changes during peak will be quite minor, approximately 5-10 minutes
    some trips have shifts of up to 85 minutes during off-peak times
    following feedback from the community, an additional two services have been added to the afternoon peak (at 6.55 and 7.15pm) to ensure buses continue to meet connecting train services.
Rgds,
Arnz

ozbob

Yes as Arnz has posted, I received confirmation from TransLink as follows:

Thanks TransLink for responding and acting to fix this. Much appreciated.

Fares_Fair

Hear hear,

Thank you TRANSLink.
This is very much and sincerely appreciated.
:-t
Kind regards,
Fares_Fair.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

#Metro

Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

ozbob

Stillwater

Hopefully, the application of common sense to the operation of trains ans buses on the Sunshine Coast won't just stop there.  Here's hoping that the upcoming state budget will see the application of funds to the Sunny Coast line to open up the opportunities for strategic crossover points for trains south of Nambour.

BrizCommuter

Quote from: Stillwater on June 05, 2011, 17:18:57 PM
Here's hoping that the upcoming state budget will see the application of funds to the Sunny Coast line

Optimistic Ozbob?
BrizCommuter expects the budget to further screw public transport users.

Arnz

Moving on, I personally think those Sunday gaps should be next to be repaired.  

Due to the gap, it doesn't enable sunday day trippers in both directions to enjoy the full day in Brisbane/Sunshine Coast (since the next bus after the 8:00am is at 11:00am.
It connects to/from a direct (limited stops express) Brisbane train in both directions.

Missed connections are highlighted in yellow.

Rgds,
Arnz

ozbob

Quote from: BrizCommuter on June 05, 2011, 17:32:12 PM
Quote from: Stillwater on June 05, 2011, 17:18:57 PM
Here's hoping that the upcoming state budget will see the application of funds to the Sunny Coast line

Optimistic Ozbob?
BrizCommuter expects the budget to further screw public transport users.

Stillwater posted that, not me.  However, yes I am hopeful but not confident other than status quo essentially.  Lets face it, broke before Summer, certainly broker now.  CRR delay is just another measure of the financial basket case. I cannot see a significant transfer from roads to more sustainable options.  The rural road network is stuffed and needs fixing, and there will be some very desperate pork barrelling from this point on.  The election campaign will be based mainly on promises, not record or actuality in the major part. Some gains. MBRL, Springfield and GCRT,  Richlands operating (finally).  The congestion and chaos will get progressively worse, so it is reasonable to expect another change of Government with transport being one of the main drivers for change, following Victoria and NSW.  The lessons are there they just seem unable to heed them.  I think they actually need some new advisers ...

mufreight

Quote from: ozbob on June 05, 2011, 18:10:16 PM

The congestion and chaos will get progressively worse, so it is reasonable to expect another change of Government with transport being one of the main drivers for change, following Victoria and NSW.  The lessons are there they just seem unable to heed them.  I think they actually need some new advisers ...

Being a little less politicaly correct here but no Ozbob they do not need new advisers, at the present time it is obvious that they have none which indicates to me that they need some advisers instead of recycled party hacks, either way it would seem that the current circus has left its run too late and the lack of credible policy emerging from the LNP does nothing for their credibility and any credibility that they might have is being eroded with the passing of time and their lack of credible practical policy on anything.
Bring on the clowns.

somebody

It is looking like the libs will be the lesser of the evils.  Although their silence on PT issues scares me quite a bit.  I'm worried that they will seek to "rationalise" the BUZ services.  They could hardly cut the train services though.

#Metro

QuoteI'm worried that they will seek to "rationalise" the BUZ services.

That's right, touch BUZ and *puff* your term will be gone. A significant amount of travel in Brisbane is done on BUZ.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

somebody

How come we couldn't get anything done about the crapulence of the 761? Hourly frequency I/B for Central arrivals before 9am, poorer operating hours than the 765 service it replaced, counter productive Robina service.  Some other problems with the changes to the 765 on its creation which should be undone also.

ozbob

No idea, guess it comes down to budgets and planners perceptions .. and context and timing.

🡱 🡳