• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

New NightLink service for Coolangatta

Started by ozbob, November 01, 2010, 11:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

http://www.translink.com.au/servicechange.php?1287459240

New NightLink service for Coolangatta

From Saturday 13 November a new NightLink bus, known as the N798 (Coolangatta to Kingscliff), will begin services from Coolangatta.

The N798 will operate hourly from 12.15am until 3.15am on Saturday and Sunday mornings and the morning of public holidays and will pick up from three locations in Coolangatta ...
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  Twitter

Golliwog

Hmmm, I wonder if they had to discuss this route with NSW.
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#Metro

I'm not a TMR. Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

STB

Sunshine Coast does technically have the all nighter route 600 between Caloundra and Maroochydore with occassional trips to Tewantin.  Demand might be low on inland routes although I can see merit on having a NightLink route betwen the coast (Maroochy/Caloundra) to Nambour via the University.  An N615 perhaps?

Cam

When will the Ipswich, Caboolture & Beenleigh lines receive an hourly NightLink service? There is almost a 3 hour period between services from about 1 to 4am. If there is a valid reason for not providing rail services in this 3 hour period e.g. rail maintenance, then why not put on two additional bus services for each line leaving Brisbane at about 2am & 3am?

Arnz

Quote from: STB on November 01, 2010, 13:02:56 PM
Sunshine Coast does technically have the all nighter route 600 between Caloundra and Maroochydore with occassional trips to Tewantin.  Demand might be low on inland routes although I can see merit on having a NightLink route betwen the coast (Maroochy/Caloundra) to Nambour via the University.  An N615 perhaps?

600 and 620 operates on Friday and Saturday nights hourly between 10pm till 3am.

I can't see too many people wanting to go to Landsborough (Route 615) at 1am in the morning.  Perhaps try the N616 instead (University via Buderim).
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

SurfRail

Has anybody had the opportunity to use this service?  It was copping bad press for a while earlier this year and did appear to be failing, but that position may have stabilised.
Ride the G:

­čí▒ ­čí│