Terms of use Privacy About us Media Contact

Author Topic: Toiletless Express now on the Gold Coast Line  (Read 2572 times)

Offline #Metro

Toiletless Express now on the Gold Coast Line
« on: March 19, 2011, 02:58:36 PM »
I use the Gold Coast line on the weekends.
I caught a GC train- no toilet on board! Crossed legs for the entire journey.

Same thing on the return journey. No toilet.

Come on!!!
Put toilets on!!!  :-X
Negative people... have a problem for every solution.
Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members. Not affiliated with, paid by or in conspiracy with MTR/Metro.

Offline ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
Re: Toiletless Express now on the Gold Coast Line
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 03:00:18 PM »
I have often noted new SMUs on the Gold Coast services, rarely an EMU.   The new SMUs can trick a few ...   :wi3
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  Twitter

Offline Golliwog

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 03:39:20 PM »
I had an one of the new IMUs the other day. Twas the 6am Ferny Grove to Beenleigh train.
There is no silver bullet… but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Arnz

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 09:50:46 PM »
I have often noted new SMUs on the Gold Coast services, rarely an EMU.   The new SMUs can trick a few ...   :wi3

Already does for the commuters on the afternoon peak 4pm and 4:30pm toiletless Nambour expresses.  

At least one person is bound to ask, where is the toilet? everytime a SMU260 is on either afternoon run.  SMU260s pop up every 2-3 days on either run.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

Offline #Metro

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 09:55:55 PM »
Are you listening Queensland Rail?
Right!

I NEED TO PEE! :pr

This is not the first time either! Twice toiletless express in the same weekend. Toilets after hours also barricaded and locked up leaving passengers busting at the platforms after hours. Make it go card or coin operated accessible after hours.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 09:58:30 PM by tramtrain »
Negative people... have a problem for every solution.
Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members. Not affiliated with, paid by or in conspiracy with MTR/Metro.

Offline SteelPan

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
I've gone into those toilets - and deserve some sort of medal for it - Victoria Cross actually - no paper, no water for taps - NOT GOOD!   :dntk
If urban rail was a sports stadium - there'd be a station on every corner!  Keep it LOUD for Pro-Rail!  :pr

Offline mufreight

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 07:09:20 PM »
I've gone into those toilets - and deserve some sort of medal for it - Victoria Cross actually - no paper, no water for taps - NOT GOOD!   :dntk

To get some sort of a result give the set numbers to the QR  staff administering the CRG group for the South Coast, they are asking for more people to take part in these CRG groups so here is a problem of some substance that you can present them with to deal with.

Enjoy  :-t   :hc

Offline ButFli

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 10:49:05 PM »
On the ol' IMU181 on the way back to Brisbane from the Gold Coast last evening. The toilet was out of service! It had one of those "locked" stickers over the door button. I had to explain to some poor lass that if she wanted to take her kid to the toilet she'd need to jump off at the next station and jump on the other 3-car-set (and hope the toilet in that one was working).

I always make sure I take a p%ss before boarding the train but kids can't always be instructed to do so.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 

“You can't understand a city without using its public transportation system.” -- Erol Ozan