2 (11.1%)
1 (5.6%)
0 (0%)
5 (27.8%)
3 (16.7%)
5 (27.8%)
2 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Queensland Rail - public and active transport related  (Read 2318 times)

Online ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
Queensland Rail - public and active transport related
« on: November 28, 2010, 07:35:47 AM »
Have your say!
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Instagram   Facebook  @ozbob13@mastodon.social

STB

Re: Queensland Rail - public and active transport related
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 01:58:52 PM »
Queensland Rail have been far more open than TransLink IMO when it comes to explaining the reasoning behind route structure and timetables, so top marks for that.

somebody

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 03:36:24 PM »
Queensland Rail have been far more open than TransLink IMO when it comes to explaining the reasoning behind route structure and timetables, so top marks for that.
Wow!  You are too kind.

STB

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
Wow!  You are too kind.

So you want some more to convince you?  Okay...

- Improved communications with passengers both on trains and on the platforms. 

- Establishment of community reference groups to capture segments of the travelling public for decision making and guidence.

- More customer friendly staff - station and train crews (okay, you might come accross some not so good customer friendly staff in QR's ranks but that can and does happen in any organisation)

- Much more improved customer focus from the senior management (some well established cultural issues at lower levels within QR internally that negatively impact on customers and other stakeholders, but that should slowly weed out as time goes by)

Offline Fares_Fair

• Duplicate the Sunshine Coast Line (#2tracks)
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 06:45:06 PM »
I agree with you on all of those points, STB.
QR are to be commended for their efforts and customer focus.
If QR did write this 'daft' (no error here) timetable, what were the directions given for it?

TransLINK unfortunately, are absolutely reprehensible when it comes to customer service or assistance or correspondence.
They act politically, their goal appears to be protecting the government - not serving the public.  :pr
I have plenty of real life facts that support this view, many have already been mentioned in forums here.

However, IMHO, QR probably wrote the "draft" timetable and it is approved or it's aims directed from TransLINK.

Please correct me if anybody knows for certain how this arrangement works, or if this is indeed the case?

Regards,
Fares_Fair.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

STB

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 08:03:31 PM »
QR did indeed write the timetable.  Those folk that are attending the consultations (the Red shirts), are all QR Planners who wrote the draft timetable.  TransLink will just rubber stamp it and alter any of the bus timetables in line wih the final 2011 train timetables.

Offline Golliwog

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 08:16:41 PM »
Although correct me if I'm wrong, but they would also have funding limits imposed on the timetable by TL? What they do with the funding is up to them but they would be limited on how much they can spend to run the trains.
There is no silver bullet… but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline #Metro

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 08:39:53 PM »
My question is, with all the money that was being ripped out of QR in fines and penalties (these now gone), where has that money gone now??? Surely that is extra $$$ that can be used for new services? Or am I missing something here?

Negative people... have a problem for every solution.
Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members. Not affiliated with, paid by or in conspiracy with MTR/Metro.

somebody

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 08:43:41 PM »
Probably should just have quoted the bit I was responding to.  What I meant was that you are too kind for giving them top marks.

Offline Emmie

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 05:49:39 AM »
Trying hard. I've encountered far fewer cancelled trains than in previous years, when it seemed almost standard to pull one off the Shorncliffe line for more important duties every Friday afternoon.  :-t. On time performance seems better too.

I find the staff at the stations pleasant and helpful, sometimes in the face of very difficult passengers. I appreciate their attempts to get feedback, through community consultations, even if things sometimes get lost in translation.

Offline Fares_Fair

• Duplicate the Sunshine Coast Line (#2tracks)
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 09:08:01 AM »
QR did indeed write the timetable.  Those folk that are attending the consultations (the Red shirts), are all QR Planners who wrote the draft timetable.  TransLink will just rubber stamp it and alter any of the bus timetables in line wih the final 2011 train timetables.

Thanks for the confirmation STB,
Point also noted Golliwog re: funding limits.

Regards,
Fares_Fair.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

colinw

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 11:04:39 AM »
7/10.

Doing the best they can with limited funding and within the context of a public transport regulator who couldn't organise drinks in a brewery.

Online Derwan

• Global Moderator
  • Now a bus person
    • Andrew's Place
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2010, 11:14:47 AM »
Top marks for QR for doing such an excellent job with limited resources.  Their continued switch towards a customer service oriented business is commendable.  I continue to enjoy the CRG meetings, which provide a valuable insight into the organisation.

Well done QR.
Website   |   Facebook   |  Twitter

Online ozbob

• Administrator
    • RAIL Back On Track
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 05:52:18 PM »
Score 7.6
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Instagram   Facebook  @ozbob13@mastodon.social

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 

“You can't understand a city without using its public transportation system.” -- Erol Ozan