• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Eastern Region

Started by ozbob, November 28, 2010, 07:30:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Overall performance for 2010.  Consider timetable, congestion, routes, integration with other transport modes as applicable.

4 or less
1 (11.1%)
2 (22.2%)
4 (44.4%)
1 (11.1%)
1 (11.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

Jonno

No bus lanes, no buway, scary network of routes.

STB

Route structure is a lot better than it was 5 years ago IMO.  Although downside is that there hasn't been any upgrades of the Veolia routes for nearly 3 years now.  I caught route 250 from Capalaba to Redland Bay Marina yesterday and it had a standing load.  This morning when I took route 250 from Redland Bay Marina to Cleveland it had about a 3/4 load early in the morning.  The patronage is increasing but the services aren't.

Mind you though, despite the heavy loads, both route 250s ran within 5mins of the scheduled timetable which is quite impressive for such a long route.

Otto

I have only travelled on the 250 twice to or from the City.. It is a route I try to avoid at all cost as I don't handle being a sardeine for over an hour very well.  ;D
All my city travel is done via the 280 to Griffith Uni or 281 during peak as it is a much more pleasent trip.
The 250 should run every 15 minutes from 6am till 7pm I think ..

edit.. I gave it a six
7 years at Bayside Buses
33 years at Transport for Brisbane
Retired and got bored.
1 year at Town and Country Coaches and having a ball !

somebody

Quote from: Jonno on November 28, 2010, 13:08:04 PM
scary network of routes.
Route network is awful north of Holland Rd, except for Old Cleveland Rd.  And even that has a few weird bits with via Deshon St/Logan Rd/Buranda options.

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

🡱 🡳