• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Independent Public Inquiry Sydney's Long Term Public Transport Plan

Started by Jonno, July 28, 2010, 00:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonno

This is a fantastic read.

transportpublicinquiry.com.au

I love these quotes:

QuoteAround the world there is now a major resurgence in public transport within and between cities. This resurgence is being driven by, above all else, bare-faced pragmatism.  It responds to a now widespread recognition that:

• The increasing levels of congestion caused by motor vehicles cannot be overcome by relying on further decentralisation and endless road building, and
  • Public transport offers tremendous advantages in providing essential accessibility in a world faced with global warming, local and regional environmental pollution, potentially serious future oil shortages and other environmental, energy and economic constraints.

and

QuoteThe only really viable alternative is significant public transport enhancement, coupled with infrastructure, pricing and traffic management measures aimed at giving public transport, cycling and pedestrians a much better deal

May time for an Independent Inquiry into SEQ's Long Term Transport Plans.

Also check out the Short Term Recommendations for  Peak and Off Peak Frequencies.  Peak is 20 trains per hour per track and Off peak is 8 and 4 trains per hour PER TRACK.

#Metro

Also check out the Short Term Recommendations for  Peak and Off Peak Frequencies.  Peak is 20 trains per hour per track and Off peak is 8 and 4 trains per hour PER TRACK.

Yes, this is like a metro really. If I came up with these ideas and posted them I would be accused of engaging in fantasy.
The fact is, since the 1960s we have engaged in the most gigantic fantasy of the car. Freeways everywhere, environmental, health and pollution charges waived or subsidised away, free parking everywhere.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

somebody

🡱 🡳