• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

CBD stop locations

Started by #Metro, June 24, 2010, 08:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

#Metro

;D

QuotePutting all of the Indooroopilly buses on Adelaide St would be an obvious move, although the Northern Busway and Go Between Bridge have openned up other options.  If you say you do not want to have to walk from Eagle St or Parliament to QSBS to get your bus, precisely how does having a few buses in QSBS, a few in KGSBS and others on Adelaide St help this?

Yes, thats why I don't bother.
Just go to CC.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

ButFli

What on Earth? How is walking to Cultural Centre from Eagle St a valid alternative to QSBS, KGSBS or Adelaide St?

#Metro

Thats's what I do. I don't bother anymore.
Hop on a 199 or a train and change at Cultural Centre.

I'm sure other people can't be bothered, and just take a car.
Hey, I even found secret evidence that TL is promoting car use! (see below)

The Go-Card

:-w

(NB: This is a joke!)
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

somebody

Quote from: tramtrain on June 24, 2010, 09:29:14 AM
Thats's what I do. I don't bother anymore.
Hop on a 199 or a train and change at Cultural Centre.
For the Indro routes, that idea is of no use.  The 444 comes on the inbound platform while the 425/430/435/450/453/454/460 all come on the outbound platform, and the 433 and 445 do not service the Cultural Centre at all.  Also, no routes (except the 444) serve the Cultural Centre in peak.

#Metro

So what's the solutions?
Is there a map showing where all the buses should ideally be stopping?

somebody

Quote from: tramtrain on June 24, 2010, 10:19:37 AM
So what's the solutions?
Is there a map showing where all the buses should ideally be stopping?
Umm, like I posted in the other thread.  Either they should all use QSBS and the Go Between Bridge then Coro, all use KGSBS then Milton Rd or all use Adelaide St and the Riverside Expressway then Coro.

I suppose there is a 4th option that they could stop near the GPO on Queen St like the 350-2, 357 and 359 currently do if they are going to use Milton Rd. 

All other options are unnacceptable, unless there is something I have missed.  So there.

#Metro

QuoteUmm, like I posted in the other thread.  Either they should all use QSBS and the Go Between Bridge then Coro, all use KGSBS then Milton Rd or all use Adelaide St and the Riverside Expressway then Coro.

I suppose there is a 4th option that they could stop near the GPO on Queen St like the 350-2, 357 and 359 currently do if they are going to use Milton Rd.

OK. I can never "see" these things when people take about route diversions etc. Its confusing.
But I'll have a look  :-t

somebody

Alright, I'll try and explain the 4th option in more detail if that's the one you are having trouble with:

Inbound:
From Milton Rd, (R) Upper Roma St, (L) Turbot St, (R) Edward St, (L) Queen St

Outbound:
Continue east on Queen St, (L) Creek St, (L) Ann St, (R) Roma St, (L) Milton Rd

It would probably be better to use the busway heading outbound but not inbound, but that's a little controversial.  It would not be worth it to use the busway heading out if you had to use it heading in as the portal at Roma St/Turbot St is not convenient for accessing Turbot St, even though that sounds wierd.

#Metro

Any chance the Go-Betweens bridge could be used for any services?
I vaguely remember a bus lane being promised?  ???

somebody

Quote from: tramtrain on June 24, 2010, 12:38:10 PM
Any chance the Go-Betweens bridge could be used for any services?
Well it would be a big improvement on current routings for 425/430/435/450/453/454/460.  Doesn't mean it will happen though.

Quote from: tramtrain on June 24, 2010, 12:38:10 PM
I vaguely remember a bus lane being promised?  ???
It was actually a T2 lane heading inbound only.  Only once the Go Between Bridge opens.

paulg

Ozbob, can we please have a media release asking for confirmation that Coronation Drive will get a T2 lane once the Go Between Bridge is opened?

Here is the original story: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/11/06/2412629.htm

I suspect Campbell Newman will argue that we need to wait for Northern Link to be completed before we can reintroduce the transit lane. This would be another set back for delivery of decent bus services in the Western Suburbs.

Cheers, Paul

somebody

We had one not too long ago, here: http://railbotforum.org/mbs/index.php?topic=3579.msg23088#msg23088

I think we need to wait until after the Go Between Bridge opens before we have a reason to prod them again.

Golliwog

When is the Go Between bridge supposed to open? Should be soon shouldn't it?

If all the Indro routes are to be moved to all go from QSBS/KGSBS, what would you do with the routes that would most likely need to be shifted to give the capacity to do that during peak?
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

somebody

Quote from: Golliwog on June 24, 2010, 19:34:55 PM
When is the Go Between bridge supposed to open? Should be soon shouldn't it?

If all the Indro routes are to be moved to all go from QSBS/KGSBS, what would you do with the routes that would most likely need to be shifted to give the capacity to do that during peak?
July.

The 444/443/433/445 could be squeezed into QSBS B without displacing any routes.  I do not think it is on to move any routes out of KGSBS.  There is the option of using the southbound platform and turnaround facility, although that really requires these routes to be migrated to QSBS B in the southbound direction.  Not particularly nice.

somebody

I've noticed that in this latest bus change the P179 was moved out of QSBS C, and in the previous change the P119 was moved out of QSBS A.  Both of these are obviously rocket runs which until the change shared the same outbound stop as their respective full time services.  The inbound rocket used Elizabeth St.  Now, both runs use Adelaide St on the outbound.  I would think that this is due to them thinking that if the inbound service stops on the street so should the outbound service?  I do not follow their logic.  Can anyone help me?

🡱 🡳