• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Bus route 77

Started by ozbob, March 01, 2010, 15:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otto

Quote from: Jonno on March 22, 2010, 09:35:38 AM
Is it just me or are the PIDs not showing the 77? 
As of this morning, they had not yet been programmed with route 77 details .
7 years at Bayside Buses
33 years at Transport for Brisbane
Retired and got bored.
1 year at Town and Country Coaches and having a ball !

ozbob

Yes, the 77 was not showing on the PIDS ... >:(
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

Jon Bryant

Is it that hard to get this stuff right?  It is the little stuff that detracts from the service!!

ozbob

stephenk

Quote from: ozbob on March 22, 2010, 09:39:49 AM
Yes, the 77 was not showing on the PIDS ... >:(

The same happened with the 66. Why can't TransLink get their act together on getting a service showing on the PIDs on the first day?
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2007 - 7tph
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2010 - 4tph
* departures from Central between 16:30 and 17:30.

MaxHeadway

Quote from: ozbob on March 22, 2010, 09:39:49 AM
Yes, the 77 was not showing on the PIDS
Nor was it shown on the timetable boards at Lutwyche and Windsor Rail stops. >:(

albiwan

Bob mentioned on the radio, this service may have tourist potential. If they ran it on the weekend it may have a "shopper" tourist potential serving, Chermside, Stones Corner (as detailed on the timetable as a five minute walk) and Garden City.

ozbob

Good point Albiwan, rather odd that it is not running at weekends.  Maybe it might down the track ...  :bu

#Metro

That is actually true...
Eight Mile Plains: Garden City
Buranda: Stones Corner
Chermside: Chermside Shopping Centre

A lot of people seem to be using it to get to Fortitude Valley...
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

WTN

Quote from: tramtrain on March 22, 2010, 21:54:32 PM
That is actually true...
Eight Mile Plains: Garden City
Buranda: Stones Corner
Chermside: Chermside Shopping Centre

A lot of people seem to be using it to get to Fortitude Valley...

Correction: Garden City is at Upper Mt Gravatt.

Yesterday I caught the 160 out to Buranda, then rode the 77 to Windsor.  Only 3 passengers were on board.  One passenger was having a very interesting conversation with the driver. 

When we left Buranda, we were stuck at the O'Keefe St lights for a minute.  Once onto Ipswich Rd, we cruised straight through - not much traffic.  We slowed at the Lutwhytche Rd intersection, but we arrived at Windsor in 10 minutes!  Wow, I couldn't believe how "short" the tunnel felt. 

The driver was concerned about fumes (from news reports) and he closed his window at Ipswich Rd.  Once in the tunnel, he was talking about how narrow the shoulders were (narrower than a busway IMO) and broken down buses will block traffic from behind.  He said that tow trucks might not be able to get through and may have to reverse in to rescue.  When we left the tunnel, he asked if I got on the wrong bus.  I laughed and said no, but he said there were passengers who think the bus is a 111, especially when people were distracted. 

I intended to catch another 77 for another look at the tunnel, but Lutwhytche Rd was so dusty I gave up waiting and caught a 3xx.  My trip alone revealed a lot about this "corridor" - fumes, breakdowns, congestion and traffic lights at either end, dust at Windsor.  The trip is fast when it works, but not as rosy as it's made out to be.
Unless otherwise stated, all views and comments are the author's own and not of any organisation or government body.

Free trips in 2011 due to go card failures: 10
Free trips in 2012 due to go card failures: 13

#Metro

I went on recently as well. Again only a handful of people on 77. And this was during afternoon peak hour.
I think 77 will really take off when the Nth Busway comes online.

Look at 66. Was a low patronage until they extended it to RBWH.
Nth Busway to Chermside cannot come soon enough.

Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

Golliwog

Just curious, how is patronage on the 77 going now?
There is no silver bullet... but there is silver buckshot.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

🡱 🡳