• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Railbus customer service fail

Started by Mozz, January 31, 2010, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozz

Corinda to Rosewood is closed again this weekend with railbus in place as alternate transport. A friend from the UK flew in to Brisbane and doing the right thing caught the air train to central (got off and purchased a separate ticket to Oxley as I suggested to avoid the hidden air train tax).

She continued her journey until Corinda where she had to get off and catch a railbus. As she was walking towards the railbus to go to Oxley it just drove off with her waving at the driver to stop ..... so after 24 hours on a plane and then train to central and then to corinda .... she gets stiffed by poor customer service at corinda (she was not happy Jan).

somebody

But that's ridiculous!  The only real point of that Railbus is to meet the train, so to not connect to a 30 minute train service is pretty unnacceptable.

ozbob

And this morning there was no connecting down bus for the handful of punters waiting forlornly at Oxley around 6.30am (and as far as I could tell hadn't been one from at least 6.05am).  A bus showed up about 6.50am as I was heading up the hill.  Unless QR has put extras on these folk would leave Corinda at around 7.45am.  Rock show ...  and now the threat of bus from Darra to Oxley tomorrows peak AM (platform at Darra may not be ready), going to be some very annoyed punters ...  It really is time that all concerned lifted their game.

Footnote:  Checked out Darra late afternoon, rain has held off and looks as though platform 4 will be available for use from first train tomorrow morning. See --> here!
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

Seventeen Mile Rocks Road Bridge Oxley

Note the mirror, the same mirror that the 'experts' said was not suitable and not needed as car drivers can see through concrete apparently. Repeated representations finally saw a mirror placed.  If you are ever bored, the whole saga is documented --> here!   ;)

Up bus 6.35am  (Darra bound)

Down bus 6.50am, just down from Canossa Hospital

Photographs R Dow 31st January 2010

Mozz

inconceivable... as delays of "up to 30 minutes may be experienced"

http://www.translink.com.au/servicechange.php?id=352

Ipswich and Rosewood line track work between Corinda and Rosewood - effective 29 January 2010

From 8pm Friday 29 January to the last train Sunday 31 January 2010, all Queensland Rail services between Corinda and Rosewood stations will be replaced by bus services.

Buses will stop all stations between Corinda and Rosewood, with connecting train services to Brisbane City.

This track work is part of the Corinda to Darra Upgrade Project to provide more services on the Ipswich line in the future. Along with the new track, Oxley and Darra Stations are being upgraded with new facilities, security, accessibility and extra parking.

Delays of up to 30 minutes may be experienced. Guardian train services may be affected during this track closure.

Mozz

Went for a nice walk today around 1pm (more active transport the better) to Rocks Riverside Park and on the way stopped by platform 3 at Oxley station to do a public service....... had to tell 6 people in total (4 separate groups) sitting and waiting on the platform that there were no trains and they would need to go to the tavistock street bus stop to wait for a railbus. There were signs at both platform 3 entrances but at least one of the people I spoke to probably couldn't read so it wasn't much use to him.

It would be a good idea if the PID's were able to display information that the trains aren't running, they were just displaying the time and nothing else.

ozbob

Yes, found a few myself over the years waiting for ghost trains.  I have suggested many times to QR that PIDs be used and voice announcements need to be made to inform punters waiting for non-arriving trains ... seems nothing ever happens.

My plan for very very large brightly coloured signs to inform as well during closures never gets past the 'that is a great idea stage', I suspect that is because it doesn't conform to the TransLink template or what ever nonsense purports to control sign-age ...

stephenk

Quote from: Mozz on January 31, 2010, 10:40:26 AM
Corinda to Rosewood is closed again this weekend with railbus in place as alternate transport. A friend from the UK flew in to Brisbane and doing the right thing caught the air train to central (got off and purchased a separate ticket to Oxley as I suggested to avoid the hidden air train tax).

She continued her journey until Corinda where she had to get off and catch a railbus. As she was walking towards the railbus to go to Oxley it just drove off with her waving at the driver to stop ..... so after 24 hours on a plane and then train to central and then to corinda .... she gets stiffed by poor customer service at corinda (she was not happy Jan).
Absolutely not acceptable. It wouldn't take too much for there to be a member of staff (QR seem to have plenty of customer service staff opening doors for people as of late that they could use for this purpose) to check that all arriving passengers have transferred to the bus.
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2007 - 7tph
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2010 - 4tph
* departures from Central between 16:30 and 17:30.

Mozz

Another fail tonight Wednesday 17th - a couple of german women stuck on platform 3 for 90 minutes trying to get a train to the city. After 90 minutes they just gave up and came back to my place. No staff were there to help or provide advice, apparently a member of the public told them that buses were trying to be organised but didn't arrive. International visitors aren't doing well with our trains recently.

ozbob

#Metro

The least they could do is put on a pre-recorded announcement.
QR does have these "The X train is approximately X minutes late".

There have been times where the train simply hasn't appeared, and a commuter has had to press the "emergency help" button to ask why. I was in a situation where the train was canceled and they didn't say anything! At least if they say something, you can get a cab.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

stephenk

Quote from: tramtrain on February 17, 2010, 21:47:11 PM
There have been times where the train simply hasn't appeared, and a commuter has had to press the "emergency help" button to ask why. I was in a situation where the train was canceled and they didn't say anything! At least if they say something, you can get a cab.

This matter has been brought up multiple times at CRGs. When a train is cancelled, the train stays on the PID, making passengers think it's still running. Combined with complete lack of announcements, passengers are not able to make alternative arrangements.

I think QR are starting to improve as far as announcements are concerned.
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2007 - 7tph
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2010 - 4tph
* departures from Central between 16:30 and 17:30.

verbatim9

Quote from: tramtrain on February 17, 2010, 21:47:11 PM
The least they could do is put on a pre-recorded announcement.
QR does have these "The X train is approximately X minutes late".

I asked about those automated PA announcements at stations. Apparently all stations are fitted with auto announcements but its its turned off between the hours of 9pm through to 7am as residents complain about the noise from the PA announcements carrying during the stillness of the night. Only in Queensland LOL!

#Metro

Oh please.
That is a pipsqueak compared to the roar of a train or a coal train.
Some people...
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

Arnz

I regularly hear station annoucements out of morningside at 5:30am in the (weekday) morning when I staying out of there recently (month ago).
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

Derwan

The announcements prior to 7am (an I presume after 9pm) are at a significantly reduced volume - at least they are at Boondall.
Website   |   Facebook   |  Twitter

Nightwriter

We don't receive any announcements at Dinmore - at least, that has been my experience.

I've often wondered why, but figured that it was probably due to the proximity of residences.  Still, its very unsatisfactory to stand there wondering where your train is and how much longer its going to be, no matter what time of the day it is!

longboi

The way announcements are set up is very ad hoc. Some stations don't have any announcements after 10pm, some have them on a lower volume etc.

From my experience, I have worked at a station where the announcements turn off after 10pm. However I still would continue to make announcements until the last train and I never got any complaints.

#Metro

Does that mean the trains after 10 pm arrive with no announcement? You know, the "A X train will arrive in 2 minutes..." announcement?

O_128

The manly staff are great they even say have a great day :D
"Where else but Queensland?"

ozbob

At plat 3 Oxley the 5.38am Shorncliffe service 4 minutes late, we just had an announcement by station staff to the effect.   Must be some changes, normally this wasn't done at this time.   8)

longboi

Quote from: tramtrain on February 21, 2010, 15:27:58 PM
Does that mean the trains after 10 pm arrive with no announcement? You know, the "A X train will arrive in 2 minutes..." announcement?

That's right.

🡱 🡳