• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Go explore card - Sunshine Coast edition

Started by Arnz, December 10, 2017, 18:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnz

Go explore card has quietly been rolled out on the Sunshine Coast - cards available from 7-11 and NightOwl outlets, along with selected hotels on the SC.

https://translink.com.au/tickets-and-fares/ticket-types/visitors-and-tourists/go-explore/faq

SC Bus Network Map (GoExplore version with the attractions outlined, e.g Aust Zoo, SeaLife Mooloolaba, Aussie World, Big Pineapple etc).

https://translink.com.au/sites/default/files/assets/resources/tickets-and-fares/ticket-types/visitors-and-tourishs/go-explore/go-explore-sunshine-coast-map.pdf
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

Otto

Why exactly cant this be done in Brisbane ?
I've heard that the software is not compatible, so how is it that it can be done on the coasts with what is essentially the same software ?
7 years at Bayside Buses
33 years at Transport for Brisbane
Retired and got bored.
1 year at Town and Country Coaches and having a ball !

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

Quote from: Otto on December 10, 2017, 23:18:34 PM
Why exactly cant this be done in Brisbane ?
I've heard that the software is not compatible, so how is it that it can be done on the coasts with what is essentially the same software ?

They would have to include all modes I would expect.  On the Gold and Sunny Coasts they can isolate rail out and it isn't really an issue in the way it would be in Brisbane. 
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

SurfRail

The more pertinent question is probably who would actually benefit in Brisbane?  It isn't exactly a tourist town.  You'd end up with nobody using a normal go card unless they were only travelling in a single fare zone, and even then only if it is 3 journeys a day or less.
Ride the G:

Stillwater

Visitors to the coasts, who didn't have a go-card, or didn't know they existed, were paying paper ticket fares; then going off to the nearest hire car franchise the next day and contributing to holiday traffic congestion.

🡱 🡳