• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Random observations around the network ...

Started by ozbob, November 18, 2009, 08:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p858snake

The announcement QR is doing at stations (heard it at RS) about level crossings kinda scared me today (first time you hear it) because most of theirs start with (QR wishes to .....) and they normally stick to the same couple of voice actors but this was a differnt lady and it just started talking about level crossings.

ozbob

Oxley rail, 4.31am.  Down coal (full) on the main down, up coal (empty) on the up sub passed at Oxley.
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

Stillwater

Thanks to whoever cleans the Cooroy railway station.  It has had a tidy-up and the smelly (human) t%rd has gone.  However, the station needs a serious revamp, starting with a lick of paint.  The (three-car) Cooroylander arrived on time yesterday (Friday) to drop passengers, but had to reverse back and shunt onto the siding to allow the Sunlander to stop on its way south.  The train eventually returned to the mainline and started shadowing the Sunlander.  It was seven minutes late by the time it pulled into Landsborough, where about 50 people got on board.  About five minutes later, a 'special' train without passengers ran express through Landsborough.  I'm intrigued as to what it was doing.

ozbob

SMU249 up and SMU210 down at Oxley today

Photographs R Dow 31st October 2010

STB

Wowsers, the SMU II looks naked without all that old livery.  It now looks like an SMU I.

ozbob

The red splash must have been a passing fad or something?   We definitely have a 'no frills' livery now ...

O_128

Just some random shots from around Manly station last week

"Where else but Queensland?"

ClintonL94

17:59 Beenleigh-Ferny Grove all stops was a 3 car EMU this evening..I would of thought it would've been a 6 car..

somebody

Quote from: ClintonL94 on October 31, 2010, 19:37:27 PM
17:59 Beenleigh-Ferny Grove all stops was a 3 car EMU this evening..I would of thought it would've been a 6 car..
What's the problem with that?  It's on a Sunday, when not that many are travelling isn't it?

ozbob

Not sure what the pax loadings are like on that service, but a three car on the Ippy at that time would be very uncomfortable, be a bit like peak actually.

p858snake

OH @ RS  "Terminating service platform #, Terminating service platform #, Please do not attempt to to board this service because you will be very disappointed."
Sounds like someone was having a fun day at work, although admittedly it did make me pay attention when I heard it.

ozbob

A little surprise as I passed through Roma St station this morning ..  platform 3 RM 1901

I was tempted to ask if this was the motor to Kilcoy?   ;)

Corinda

SMU 244 platform 1 on route tuition duties I think

Photographs R Dow 2nd November 2010

ozbob

Onboard ICE154 north of Beerburrum heading to Nambour.  Early this morning noted RM1901 UP Bowen Hills around 8.10am.

ozbob

Pulled into Mooloolah, then reversed back to enter the loop to pass the southbound PASS ...  at least we will get going quick once the other train is through. Cross made, underway ....  :lo

ozbob

Howdy,

At Nambour, waiting for departure onboard EMU78.  HELLO, it is at least two hours without a wee break ...

Honestly, I am losing patience. I DO NOT THINK it is an unreasonable request that trains from Nambour (this is the 3.08, due to head south at 3.09pm we were politely informed ..)  have TOILETS!!! 

Ladies, and ageing gents like myself do find it a challenge sometimes to travel without loo support.  Frankly, the Sunny Coast deserves better than this. EMU78 is a shocker. Recently out of the workshops, doors are push button, floor is carpet (ugh) but inside good. The windows are terrible, scratched to oblivion all ready. Surely QR there has to be some way we can control these ferals.

We are off.  Just left Nambour 3.09pm departure.  In the second last car.  Nice announcement from the guard.

Just don't think of running water ...

;D
  :lo
PS  I love trains ...  you would have to endure a toiletless trip of this horror dimension ...

#Metro

Surely QR can plant some dense bushes near the station.
Its a horrible feeling at the odd times I have to catch PT at night and the loos are closed!!!  :-X
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

somebody

Quote from: ozbob on November 03, 2010, 15:09:52 PM
Honestly, I am losing patience. I DO NOT THINK it is an unreasonable request that trains from Nambour (this is the 3.08, due to head south at 3.09pm we were politely informed ..)  have TOILETS!!! 
I don't know what the problem is.  Aren't there enough IMUs to go around for the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast?

ozbob

There is no doubt an IMU will be on 4.09pm Redbank flyer this afternoon ...

Yes sb, I think there are enough IMUs around, it needs some better organisation I think.

In a tunnel at the moment.  I think I feel a twinge already ...  :o

We get a lot of feedback about this. Coming up today was ICE 154, toilets of course.  But this is a shocker,  as much as I admire the quality of EMUs they are not interurban units.

ozbob

Landsborough.  Battery warning light on.  Time to shut down.  As we speed southwards on the toiletless flyer life could be worse ... TOs joined at Landsborough.  Good.  Pity about the loo situation.  Just had my go card checked.   :bo :bo

ozbob

Well I abandoned EMU78 at the Fortitude Valley and sought out the convenience.  Passed SMU206 Ippy desto around Virginia inbound so figured had time.

The lowlight has to be waiting at Elimbah for the timetable correction for around 5 minutes (no toilet) and 50 seconds at Caboolture (toilets open).   At the very least how about not waiting at Elimbah and spend a few minutes at Caboolture for the needy for some relief?

Honestly how hard it can it be??

:hc

Derwan

Platform 6 at Central. Standing room only. I'm paying for a peak journey, but trains are already well and truly on an off-peak schedule. Lucky I drove to Northgate or I would've had a 32-minute wait!
Website   |   Facebook   |  Twitter

ozbob

Caboolture

Nambour

Photographs R Dow 3rd November 2010

ozbob

QGT

Photos of Electrics and Diesels all taken on 6/11/10

Cheers,
QGT
Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway 1st & 3rd Sunday of each month. http://www.qpsr.net/

Queensland's Great Trains
http://sites.google.com/site/queenslandgreattrains/

Stillwater

Interesting photos, some taken on the Sunshine Coast Line, I think.  But there is that test train again.  Not the first time it has been out and about 'up north'.  Is it testing new running times or timetables perhaps?  Or just training a new driver?  I'd love to know.

Arnz

Quote from: Stillwater on November 07, 2010, 23:37:27 PM
Interesting photos, some taken on the Sunshine Coast Line, I think.  But there is that test train again.  Not the first time it has been out and about 'up north'.  Is it testing new running times or timetables perhaps?  Or just training a new driver?  I'd love to know.

I would guess driver tuition/training for new folks joining/transferring to the Caboolture and/or Nambour crews roosters (don't take my word on it).  I usually see a 3-car 160 or 260 MU with 2-3 people in the drivers cab.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

Derwan

261 is also rumoured to be the wireless trial train, so perhaps they were testing it up north to make sure it works before running it up there with passengers.
Website   |   Facebook   |  Twitter

Stillwater

Arnz

SMU233 now has the upgraded auto voice/communications and pids/destos installed. 

This takes the count to 14 refurbished SMU220s now (16 to go).  From what I read elsewhere, all SMU220s will eventually be upgraded with new auto voice/communications and new pids/destos.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

ozbob

RM1901 at Corinda

Photographs R Dow 9th November 2010

Arnz

The 3:08pm Nambour to Roma Street got converted to a all-stations to Ipswich on arrival at Caboolture, due to IMU105 (which was meant to form the 3:53pm Nambour service from Caboolture) breaking down.

IMU105 failed at Caboolture and the all-stations (6-car EMU) to Caboolture behind it was told to continue as the 3:53pm Nambour service.  
The inbound Roma Street express train was then told to form the 4:02 all-stations to City and Ipswich on arrival at Caboolture.  
Rgds,
Arnz

ozbob

Corinda

RM1901 waits on the loop up sub for up coal to pass on the up sub (freight line), prior to setting off to Darra on route tuition.

EMU 01 heading out west

Photographs R Dow 12th November 2010

colinw

Quote from: ozbob on November 09, 2010, 19:06:53 PM
RM1901 at Corinda

Photographs R Dow 9th November 2010
Lovely!

Wouldn't that make a sweet Corinda <-> Yeerongpilly shuttle.  ;)

somebody

There was a 9 car or 12 car empty train passing through Central #5 about 12:34am this morning.

ozbob

Up Ippy through Oxley Sunday morning

SMU 209/207  nice pair ..

Photographs R Dow 14th November 2010

ozbob

Down train Darra, two bright SMUs

Photographs R Dow 16th November 2010

ClintonL94

Trains that usually use the Main tracks were on the Suburban tracks when I was at Roma Street today(11:10-12:30). I didn't see anything going on at Roma Street to cause the closure of the Mains..

ozbob

Was at Oxley around 8.25am and noticed the PID displaying a Darra service platform 1.  Immediately got into gear and was able to get some pics of the first revenue service I have seen use platform 1 (down sub line) since the track amplification started. This means that Darra platform 2 must be in use now as well.

:-c

ozbob

RM 1901 Corinda platform one.

Photographs R Dow 19th November 2010

ozbob

Oxley 4.33am  up coalie on the down sub

Oxley 5.35am  up coalie on the up sub

🡱 🡳