• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

GoCard Innovate

Started by #Metro, October 09, 2009, 13:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#Metro

Taxi hit and run leaves man in critical condition
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/taxi-hit-and-run-leaves-man-in-critical-condition-20091009-gq3u.html

I think GoCard should be extended to taxis. I think cubic already has hand readers. There could be a trial.
Pick ups during late fri/sat nights especially.

Would cut violence and people who do runners on cabs without paying.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

ozbob

Good idea.   Hopefully these sort of things will eventually happen, although the progress at the moment is not real impressive.

8)
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ButFli

For this to be of any use all Go cards would need to be registered and there would need to be proof that the registration details were accurate.

As it is now, even if someone chooses to register their Go Card they can provide false information.

#Metro

Er. I was thinking along the lines of making cabs cash free.
No cash = nothing to steal. And if you have no money, then it will beep and go red at the start.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

ButFli

Oh I see.

But how many taxi attacks are motivated stealing? I don't think it is many. Mostly it is just drunken yobbos looking for someone to bash.

🡱 🡳