• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Rachel Nolan MP on the Ipswich Train

Started by haakon, April 02, 2009, 07:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haakon

On the train right now and Rachel Nolan is on it having an interview with a reporter and as my seared retinas can attest to a camerawoman. From what I have overheard she seems quite on top of the public transport side of her portfolio. Discussion so far has centered delivery of new trains, the gold coast, springfield lines and other stuff I missed.

haakon

Just hit Oxley and the train is packed to a 4.5 or 5. Reporter is now asking about on time running and how some other PT networks offer rebate/refunds etc. Can't quite catch her response.

haakon

Just rechecked the derwan scale table. It actually just a 4.

Admin Ed:  Derwan congestion scale --> here!

haakon

just left indooroopilly back down to a 3. Rachel is now discussing connections between services.

ozbob

Cool!   :-c :-c

Thanks for the updates.

Delighted to learn the Minister is on board Haakon.

Regards
Bob
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

haakon

The reporter and camerawomen were from MX.

ozbob

haakon

Quote from: ozbob on April 02, 2009, 08:15:45 AM
Thanks for the updates.

Delighted to learn the Minister is on board Haakon.

It was pure luck that I found them. I'm normally on a later train. Looking forward to see how much ends up in the printed story.

ozbob

Good stuff, fortune favours the brave :)

Thanks again.

Regards
Bob

O_128

Why are all public servants not made to use public transport?
"Where else but Queensland?"

ozbob

Fair question for official travel.  As I understand it Airtrain is now used for official travel for public servants where it can be utilised (don't forget we have a restricted timetable at present).  An individuals own travel is their responsibility and choice.  If public transport is made attractive then they well might!

;)

ButFli

Quote from: haakon on April 02, 2009, 08:24:51 AM
The reporter and camerawomen were from MX.
And here was me thinking we might actually get a decent news story out of it.  ::)

O_128

It would be much cheaper to give all public servants capped go-card [if that is introduced] for unlimited travel instead of giving them cars. of course people who are going all over brisbane will need a car but the 9-5 public servants int he city should be encouraged to use public transport
"Where else but Queensland?"

ozbob

From Brisbane mX 2nd April 2009 page 1

Late trains? Please explain, says Minister

haakon

Quote from: ButFli on April 02, 2009, 11:12:14 AM
And here was me thinking we might actually get a decent news story out of it.  ::)

Lets hope The Courier Mail does something more details. Since they are both part of the same parent company.

ButFli

Quote from: haakon on April 02, 2009, 18:51:57 PM
Quote from: ButFli on April 02, 2009, 11:12:14 AM

Lets hope The Courier Mail does something more details. Since they are both part of the same parent company.
You did NOT just say that!

justanotheruser

Quote from: haakon on April 02, 2009, 07:38:37 AM
On the train right now and Rachel Nolan is on it having an interview with a reporter and as my seared retinas can attest to a camerawoman. From what I have overheard she seems quite on top of the public transport side of her portfolio. Discussion so far has centered delivery of new trains, the gold coast, springfield lines and other stuff I missed.
Why does the cynic in me think she won't ever be on the train again!

I personally was quite unhappy with the response I received from her office. At the time of my enquiry she was not transport minister so was just passing on response.

mufreight

Come on Justanotheruser of course Minister Nolan will travel on the train again, a Darra to Richlands trip for the opening of the Springfield line to Richlands possibly a ride on the last leg of the Q150 train into the Ipswich workshops and then of course just prior to the next election.
These will provide her with one rail oriented photo and media opportunity for each year of her term as Minister.
It is also possible that Minister Nolan might actually take a couple of train trips on each line and talk to passengers without the presence of a media team and and retinue of advisers and ask some of the passengers their opinions of the standards of service and what is needed to improve it.

justanotheruser

Quote from: mufreight on April 07, 2009, 09:25:07 AM
Come on Justanotheruser of course Minister Nolan will travel on the train again, a Darra to Richlands trip for the opening of the Springfield line to Richlands possibly a ride on the last leg of the Q150 train into the Ipswich workshops and then of course just prior to the next election.
These will provide her with one rail oriented photo and media opportunity for each year of her term as Minister.
It is also possible that Minister Nolan might actually take a couple of train trips on each line and talk to passengers without the presence of a media team and and retinue of advisers and ask some of the passengers their opinions of the standards of service and what is needed to improve it.
thanks for the laugh

🡱 🡳