• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

On the Buses

Started by ozbob, August 16, 2007, 19:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verbatim9

Quote from: SilverChased on September 18, 2024, 08:42:51 AMJumped on one of the new Translink branded buses (7162) and noticed they are fitted out with several Hikvision cameras. No security concerns on buses I suppose.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-64577641
I saw some articles a while back where the Qld Government will still use Chinese imported security cameras where it doesn't impose a sovereign risk. Yet, it can still be controversial.

ozbob

🚌 The National Bus and Coach Show 2024 is at the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre today and tomorrow. ⚡It's been...

Posted by Cr Ryan Murphy on Monday 16 September 2024

"Brisbane Metro Bus" = Bertie!   ;)
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

SurfRail

There is a hydrogen bus at the show in a new TransLink livery - cyan front and back instead of the previous green, otherwise similar to the new TMR diesels.  It looks a lot more coherent than previous efforts.
Ride the G:

SilverChased

Quote from: RowBro on September 18, 2024, 08:44:12 AMDoes anyone know if the 320 has always had these services departing 2 minutes apart in the afternoon peak? It seems awfully bizarre to me, and I don't remember seeing it in the past.

The same thing happened on the 310, on the week of or before that 50c fares were introduced. I confirmed that 2 minutes later a completely empty bus went past.

I suppose it is for the closed train lines, but making it every 15 minutes may be a better use.

Paul B

Makes sense they had sweepers on the 310. There are some horrible hourly gaps in the timetable, and not even half hourly at the very peak of peak hour.

ozbob

Government Statement

https://statements.qld.gov.au/statements/101489

Miles Government delivers wage lift for school bus drivers

26th September 2024

. School bus drivers are set to benefit from a Queensland Government funding package to improve wages.

. The funding eases cost-of-living pressures on school bus drivers and assists in attracting and retaining drivers.

. Bus service delivery partners contracted by Translink to deliver school services will be eligible for the funding.

The Miles Government is expanding a funding package to boost school bus driver wages across the state.

The funding package will support bus service delivery partners, who are the employer of drivers, to improve the conditions of their school bus drivers.

The wage uplift for school bus drivers follows the Queensland Government's investment in boosting wages for South East Queensland and Regional Urban bus drivers.

The increase ensures that school bus driver wages maintain relativity in pay rates with urban bus drivers.

More --> https://statements.qld.gov.au/statements/101489

achiruel

I wonder if Bus Qld will refuse to implement this, like they did for the urban drivers?

Gazza

^Literally the first thing that popped into my head too.

verbatim9

Since recently using KGS station,  I like the changes that they have made with the routes 444, 450, 460 and 430 all leaving from the stop at the station. It now reduces overcrowding on the 444, as well as provides additional capacity and frequency across 7 days to Toowong and Indooroopilly.

achiruel

Does 435 also use the same stop? Would be helpful if it did.

tazzer9

I've noticed recently alot of BCC routes being operated by Translink green liveried buses. 

Is the new normal for bus orders not to have the classic BCC yellow and blue livery?

SurfRail

There are 18 of those vehicles in question - these are owned by DTMR and are "on loan" due to expected additional demand due to 50c fares.

BCC hasn't put a new bus of its own into service for about 3 years now, which will not change until the 60 x biarticulated buses come online.
Ride the G:

ozbob

Couriermail --> Man seriously injured after being hit by bus in Brisbane CBD $

QuoteA pedestrian has been hit by a bus in the Brisbane CBD.

The man, believed to be in his 20s, was struck at the intersection of Adelaide and George streets about 3.30pm.

It was understood he sustained serious leg injuries and was being worked on by paramedics.

The intersection was blocked to traffic.

It is the third accident involving a council bus and pedestrian in Brisbane in seven months. ...

RowBro

This is more of an Urban Planning issue than a bus issue IMO. The pathways in the city aren't wide enough for the amount of foot traffic in the area. I strongly believe in introducing a congestion toll to enter the city to discourage people from driving into the city in the first place. With less cars, it would then be possible to downsize a lot of these streets and reclaim the area for pedestrians.

verbatim9

I have been seeing a lot more of those 50 new Translink branded buses allocated to Brisbane transport ging around.

For example on the 196 route

https://www.busnews.com.au/50-additional-buses-set-to-roll-out-in-brisbane-for-50-cent-fares/

achiruel

Quote from: verbatim9 on October 20, 2024, 09:50:03 AMI have been seeing a lot more of those 50 new Translink branded buses allocated to Brisbane transport ging around.

For example on the 196 route

https://www.busnews.com.au/50-additional-buses-set-to-roll-out-in-brisbane-for-50-cent-fares/

I'm not sure how you concluded from that article that they've all been allocated to TfB.

QuoteBrisbane City Council will receive 18 of the buses, with four each provided to Caboolture Bus Lines, Clarks and Transdev, three to Thompsons, two to Hornibrook Bus Lines and one each to Park Ridge Transit and Westside Bus Company.

SurfRail

^ It's literally in my post a few above as well.

The buses in question bear Council fleet numbers 3001-3018 and they are all based at Sherwood, so will be found on any service that runs out of there.
Ride the G:

verbatim9

Quote from: SurfRail on October 20, 2024, 18:07:14 PM^ It's literally in my post a few above as well.

The buses in question bear Council fleet numbers 3001-3018 and they are all based at Sherwood, so will be found on any service that runs out of there.
Missed the previous posts, but just noticed more around lately doing BCC routes.

verbatim9

Quote from: RowBro on October 18, 2024, 17:58:56 PMThis is more of an Urban Planning issue than a bus issue IMO. The pathways in the city aren't wide enough for the amount of foot traffic in the area. I strongly believe in introducing a congestion toll to enter the city to discourage people from driving into the city in the first place. With less cars, it would then be possible to downsize a lot of these streets and reclaim the area for pedestrians.
And along Merivale and Cordelia streets as well as the REX. The funds could go towards new PT and active transport  initiatives as well as a new tunnel from Buranda to Toowong.

🡱 🡳