• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Oxley AVVM out of paper? Sunday 11th Jan.

Started by ozbob, January 11, 2009, 08:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Called into Oxley this morning.  The AVVM printer has failed or it has run out of paper. No tickets or receipts.  A couple of passengers were unsure as to what they could do. 

Passengers are allowed to reverse ticket if the ticket machines are not functioning and the station is unattended, as was the case at Oxley this Sunday morning.  Go cards can still be used, but the majority don't seem to have them ...

Could be an interesting Monday morning at Oxley tomorrow ...   :-w

Photographs R Dow 11th January 2009
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

Mozz

There should be no problems, a station the size of Oxley should have more than one point of failure for ticket machines, people should just go and use another one unless of course there is only one ticket machine .....

ozbob

:)

I wonder if we will get a second AVVM on platform 3?

Matt

On Sunday 11th Jan, the Go card machine at Morningside was U/S, would allow Gocard travel but wouldn't dispense tickets, may be the same problem.

ozbob

The AVVM at Oxley was still showing no tickets, no receipts, cards only 5.50am this morning (Monday 12th Jan).

K_Nikora

Passengers can only reverse ticket if ALL avvms at a station are not functional. TOs are still within their right to fine $150 if you failed to check all machinery. It's the same deal with SACIDs and fare gates.
A little unfair if you ask me.

ozbob

Yes, if all AVVMs not functional AND the station is unattended.

Not an issue at Oxley on a Sunday.  Only one AVVM, not functional and no staff.  Perfectly OK to reverse ticket under those circumstances.
Although I would be inclined to take a photograph on a mobile phone if necessary as I doubt there would be active communication of failed AVVMs on a weekend ...

Cheers
Bob

ozbob

Look what has appeared on platform 3!

Photograph R Dow 13th January 2009

ozbob

The AVVM at Oxley on platforms 1/2 was again not doing tickets or receipts this morning (14th Jan).  It was operating went I passed through yesterday afternoon late. 

The station staff opened up the AVVM and went through a routine to fix it.  First time I have seen QR staff do some trouble shooting on these new AVVMs.  I think that is good move if QR Passenger staff can do first level trouble shooting and maintenance.  It will reduce the time the AVVMs are unserviceable.  QR staff  used to do this on the old TVMs.

Cheers
Bob

🡱 🡳