• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

QR Citytrain Community Reference Groups - Are you interested?

Started by ozbob, November 20, 2008, 14:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

QuoteCommunity Reference Group
QR Passenger is currently looking for customers who regularly use the QR Citytrain network to have their say on rail services by joining a QR Passenger Community Reference Group (CRG).

If you are actively using the QR Citytrain network, you are eligible to register your interest to join one of these important focus groups.

As a volunteer participant in a QR Passenger CRG you will be given the opportunity to provide important feedback and input into rail services and upcoming train timetables.

Participants will be required to attend up to four meetings, held at regular intervals throughout the year at a location near you.

For Nomination form and terms of reference please visit QR Citytrain QR Citytrain here!
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

Bump!  Volunteers needed, have your say by being a member of a CRG!

:-t

ozbob

Noticed this flyer at Oxley railway station

Photograph R Dow 19th December 2008

ozbob

stephenk

I went to the first Ferny Grove Line CRG meeting in December and would definitely advise those with an interest in rail travel in SE QLD to attend the CRG for their line. QR are genuinely interested in the opinions voiced during the meetings.
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2007 - 7tph
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2010 - 4tph
* departures from Central between 16:30 and 17:30.

glen_2006

Shame I don't use the trains on a continual regular basis, as it would be interesting to see the various points that get raised at these meetings. But in any case, it is definately good to see QR doing some consultation. I am already keen to see the outcomes they reach.

ozbob

I am member of the IPS CRG and echo Stephen's comments above.

Very worthwhile and an excellent opportunity to learn some more about the Citytrain network and contribute in a constructive manner for improvements.

:-c

brismike

I'd think about joining if they gave out some free go-cards lol.  ;)

ozbob

QR Passenger is after rail commuters interested in joining CRGs for Sunshine Coast, Shorncliffe, Cleveland, Beenleigh/Gold Coast, Doomben lines.

Anyone who is a user of Citytrain services on the lines in question is most welcome. 

Details are here --> http://www.citytrain.com.au/promotion/crg/overview.asp

The CRGs are a great opportunity to contribute to constructive improvements, and learn more about the QR Citytrain Network.  Highly recommended.  No special knowledge of trains is required.  If you travel on a train you are qualified!  :)

Regards
Bob

Fares_Fair

G'day Bob,

Do you know if they are seeking representatives for the sunshine coast line ?  :-t

Regards,
Fares_Fair
Regards,
Fares_Fair

ozbob

Yes,  forget to add that one in!

Will do now.

Cheers
Bob

mufreight

Brismike the purpose of the CRG groups is so that as a commuter you have the oportunity to voice your opinions as to how service by QR citytrain can be improved.
This means that you have the opportunity to make a meaningfull contribution and to be informed as to what QR passenger is doing to improve service.
I have been a member of the Ipswich CRG since it kicked off and we have seen improvements in service due to the members feedback.
Sorry no free Go Cards but a degree of satifaction that has made it worthwhile, this is one where it is not what you can get but rather what you can contribute so why not give it a try it is worth the effort.

ozbob

March 2009

QR COMMUNITY REFERENCE GROUP ROLLS OUT ACROSS THE NETWORK

QR Passenger is continuing to roll out the Community Reference Group program across all citytrain networks with meetings for Shorncliffe, Caboolture and Beenleigh lines to commence this month.

The CRG is an innovate process designed to provide a direct line of communication between commuters and QR Passenger, discussing issues that arise across the Citytrain Network.

QR Passenger Executive General Manager Mr Scurrah said the ?community reference program has been successfully trialled on the Ipswich (since October 2008) and Ferny Grove lines (since December 2008), and will now be rolled out across the remaining Citytrain network.?

?In the past months, members for Ipswich and Ferny Grove were given the opportunity to voice their concerns and speak up about issues affecting their home stations and local community.

?The CRG program provides an open forum for community engagement and information sharing and offers passengers the perfect chance to provide vital feedback on behalf of their community.

?We look forward to engaging further with communities on a larger scale with the roll out of meetings on the Shorncliffe, Caboolture and Beenleigh lines to commence this month,? Mr Scurrah said.

The first Shorncliffe line CRG meeting will be held on Monday 9th March 2009 between 5.30pm and 7.00pm, with Caboolture and Beenleigh to follow on Wednesday 18th March and Monday 23rd March respectively.

Spokesperson for community support group Rail Back on Track, Robert Dow said ?the CRG is an extremely worthwhile initiative in terms of providing rail commuters direct feedback on aspects of the Citytrain Network and highlighting areas that could be improved from a commuter perspective.?

?We have seen good results on the Ipswich line including an increase in train services in morning peak time which was an issue raised via CRG meetings.

?Overall we think it?s an extremely positive initiative and thank QR Passenger for providing commuters with this opportunity,? Mr Dow said.

The discussion topics at the forums range from customer service and integrated timetabling and scheduling to personal security and safety.

From each meeting, customer and community concerns will be communicated to QR Passenger to ensure continuous improvement of existing rail services and levels of customer service.

To be considered for the CRG, participants need to actively utilise QR Citytrain services and be committed to attending meetings on a monthly basis for up to four months.

For the chance to have your say, simply complete a nomination form from your local QR Citytrain station or download a nomination form from www.citytrain.com.au,

ENDS

ozbob

From Island & Mainland News (Bribie Island) 1st April 2009 page 3

Rail users speak out

QuoteRail users speak out

RAIL users have welcomed the early morning services introduced earlier this year after they were given an opportunity to voice thoughts and concerns at a Queensland Rail meeting in Caboolture last Wednesday.

QR passenger executive general manager Paul Scurrah said its latest tool to improve rail services in south-east Queensland had provided valuable customer feedback.

Mr Scurrah said the rail operator's passenger business rolled out community reference groups across several lines on the Citytrain network, and six participants joined QR officers to discuss services on the Caboolture line.

"This was the first CRG held for our customers on the Caboolture line, and I am very pleased at the initial response," he said.

"Specifically, customers using Caboolture line trains have welcomed several new early morning services that were introduced late last year and earlier this year.

"However, they have also asked for more morning peak services, as well as improvements to station and in-train announcements." Mr Scurrah said Caboolture and North Coast line customers had noticed rail infrastructure improvements to their line.

"We take the feedback received at our CRG meetings very seriously. It is a valuable tool for us to use when planning improvements to safety, customer service and timetabling," he said.

To be considered for the CRG, participants need to actively use QR Citytrain services and be committed to attending monthly meetings for up to four months.

To have your say, complete a nomination form from your local QR Citytrain station or download a nomination form from www.citytrain.com.au.

commuter_85

Hi Everyone

I have been invited to participate in the Cleveland line CRG - please share your ideas/issues/complaints here and I will do my best share them at the meetings.

Cheers

Commuter_85

ozbob

Welcome and well done Commuter_85 for joining the Cleveland Line CRG.  I have got a lot out of participating in the Ipswich Line CRG and am I sure you will all too.

It is a great opportunity to put forward suggestions and comments, and learn about the Citytrain network too. Anyone reading this who has ideas/comments, there is an invitation from commuter_85 to take your views on board!

Cheers
Bob

Fridge

The first CRG meeting for Nambour will be held on Tuesday 12 May and I am attending.

O_128

Quote from: ozbob on April 07, 2009, 12:05:08 PM
Welcome and well done Commuter_85 for joining the Cleveland Line CRG.  I have got a lot out of participating in the Ipswich Line CRG and am I sure you will all too.

It is a great opportunity to put forward suggestions and comments, and learn about the Citytrain network too. Anyone reading this who has ideas/comments, there is an invitation from commuter_85 to take your views on board!

Cheers
Bob

please enquire about a manly to Cleveland duplication which is needed at the latest 2016 i am unfortunately unable to attend the meetings
"Where else but Queensland?"

Fares_Fair

Hello,

I also will be attending the North Coast line CRG meeting at Nambour, 6:00pm.
If anyone has suggestions or comments they would like raised at the meeting
please feel free to do so here.

I shall be canvassing regular commuters on my train services for comments also.

Regards,
Fares_Fair.
Regards,
Fares_Fair

rob2144

ozbob

Actual location is generally not made public.  Contact QR through the CRG link here --> http://www.citytrain.com.au/promotion/crg/overview.asp

Cheers
Bob

rob2144

Ahh ok so its not really community friendly then, oh well i wont bother then

ozbob

No, not all.  There are accommodation requirements for the group etc. and there is an expression of interest process.

I submitted my details for the CRG Ipswich group and was accepted.  Have found participation in that group very worthwhile.  I know of people who are members of Caboolture, Ferny Grove and Cleveland CRGs and they have found it very worthwhile as well.   

Just send them your expression of interest.

Cheers
Bob

Fridge

Went to the Nambour Meeting and I was quite impressed with how it went.  There were only 5 members who were present, so if you travel on the northcoast line I encourage you to come along - more people, more ideas, hopefully more action.

rob2144

i did send an expression of interest but they never got back to me

ozbob

Yes, they can be a bit slow.  Suggest you follow up to confirm they go it.  E-correspondence can be a bit unreliable at times ...

Cheers
Bob

ozbob

From the Brisbane mX 28th July 2009 page 1

We need to talk

stephenk

Quote from: ozbob on July 28, 2009, 18:45:01 PM
From the Brisbane mX 28th July 2009 page 1

We need to talk

Interesting article. It is good that QR are listening to the feedback from the CRG meetings. Poor customer service, particularly during service delays is something I have expressed concern with at CRG meetings. I am sure that QR will make a serious effort to improve things here. London Underground managed it during the 9-years I lived in London. However, as in London the changes will not happen overnight.
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2007 - 7tph
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2010 - 4tph
* departures from Central between 16:30 and 17:30.

🡱 🡳