• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Gympie Road Tunnel

Started by ozbob, June 11, 2023, 04:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verbatim9

There are two train options proposed one via Everton Park and the other cheaper and more direct option via Chermside.

GonzoFonzie

Quote from: verbatim9 on June 18, 2024, 21:27:45 PMThere are two train options proposed one via Everton Park and the other cheaper and more direct option via Chermside.

For context, this is the 4a rail tunnel option along the NWTC. It covers more of the north west side than the 4b option along Gympie Rd with the one station at Chermside.

#Metro

All reasonable modes should be evaluated in a multi-horse race and their BCRs and NPVs calculated.

If there is going to be a study, it should be done fairly & properly.
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

#Metro

Toll roads are often presented as if they don't require public funding.

But as soon as there are multiple roads, there will be calls for capping and rebates.

Which leads to government subsiding people to drive.

Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

ozbob

Brisbanetimes --> Labor rules out Chermside connection for Gympie Road bypass tunnel $

QuoteEntry and exit ramps for Chermside have been ruled out for the Queensland government's proposed Gympie Road bypass tunnel.

Transport Minister Bart Mellish said allowing motorists to take shorter trips in the tunnel would cause more disruption above ground and add to the cost of the project.

The Suburban Futures lobby group has repeatedly called for a tunnel portal at Chermside to allow the local hub to reach its potential as a mini CBD.

"We have always argued this more than just a tunnel for traffic," spokesman Ross Elliott said. ...

::)

https://x.com/brisbanetimes/status/1810909587392057676
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

OzGamer

Quote from: ozbob on July 10, 2024, 15:38:08 PMBrisbanetimes --> Labor rules out Chermside connection for Gympie Road bypass tunnel $

Quote...
The Suburban Futures lobby group has repeatedly called for a tunnel portal at Chermside to allow the local hub to reach its potential as a mini CBD.

Imagine thinking that road entry and exit ramps would improve the amenity and vibrancy of a business district.

SurfRail

Yes, the car park entrance and exit ramps on Adelaide Street, Elizabeth Street, Albert Street etc really make the street environment inviting and safe for non-motorists.  /s
Ride the G:

NothingToSay

I love my local highway onramp. It really brings people together. I'll often find groups of young men making new friends, shaking hands and exchanging gifts under the overpass.

Jonno

Quote from: OzGamer on July 10, 2024, 15:52:38 PM
Quote from: ozbob on July 10, 2024, 15:38:08 PMBrisbanetimes --> Labor rules out Chermside connection for Gympie Road bypass tunnel $

Quote...

Imagine thinking that road entry and exit ramps would improve the amenity and vibrancy of a business district.
I'm livin' in the 70's
I'm livin' in the 70's
I'm livin' in the 70's
I'm livin' in the 70's

RowBro

With a tunnel portal at Chermside ruled out, will the Transit Way project resume construction between Rode Road and Hamilton Road?

🡱 🡳