• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

TransLink Budget

Started by achiruel, December 05, 2022, 10:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

achiruel

Is there anywhere I can find out what Translink's budget is? I've had a look at the DTMR Financial Statements and it simply lists "Passenger transport services" which I imagine includes a lot of non-Translink items like long-distance rail, subsidised airfares, etc.

Also (and I'm going to guess this is probably definitely not going to be the case, due to commerical-in-confidence clauses), is there any way to find out the spend on each bus contract region?

#Metro

QuoteAlso (and I'm going to guess this is probably definitely not going to be the case, due to commerical-in-confidence clauses), is there any way to find out the spend on each bus contract region?

There is a public TMR document IIRC, RBOT member Gazza may be able to assist with that.

You can also derive it from the Ipswich Transport Committee Meeting minutes by multiplying the population by the per capita spend for each region.

Ipswich City Council Minutes https://ipswich.infocouncil.biz/Open/2021/11/CBWS_20211130_MAT_2892.PDF
The data table is on Page 32 of 39 in the document.

Hope this helps Achiruel!  :is-
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

pangwen

Have you tried the TMR annual report? Specifically Appendix 5 - Transport Operator Payments, which lists the payments to each operator (TfB, Bus Qld, CDC etc)

SurfRail

I don't think there is a clean line entry budget for "TransLink" anywhere in the budget papers.  You'd probably have to ask them if there is some figure that covers TransLink Division operations, whether that is "everything" (eg transport operator payments, back-end stuff etc) and what it covers (eg whether it extends to long-distance air, rail and coaches, subsidised school buses that are outside the TransLink branded service area and operators, taxi subsidisation etc, or if there is a clean figure for each area they administer).
Ride the G:

achiruel

Quote from: pangwen on December 05, 2022, 13:30:08 PMHave you tried the TMR annual report? Specifically Appendix 5 - Transport Operator Payments, which lists the payments to each operator (TfB, Bus Qld, CDC etc)

This is exactly what I'm looking for, thank you! For some reason I only read the financial statements and didn't think to check the appendices, oops.  :hg

SurfRail

^ That would cover most of it but there would be other costs somewhere.
Ride the G:

🡱 🡳