• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

New Translink SEQ Public Transport Network Map

Started by ozbob, August 17, 2022, 08:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozbob

Let's stop the direct personal insults please.  Posts that contain such will be summarily removed.

Agree to disagree by all means, but please respect others' points of view.

There are some big issues with public and active transport that are very pressing.  Let's focus on those.

Here have a muffin and a coffee everyone ...  :mu:  :cc:  :eo:
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

#Metro

Quote from: JimmyPHe's right though V9. Not everyone is going to the City only.
What's the point in only having information for that specific station only?
Say you rock up at South Brisbane. Train every 5 minutes or so. Cool. But that doesn't tell you that its only every 30mins to each of the branches, which you might want to actually go to.
Same with Toowong. Saying its 15min frequency is all well and good, but what if I want to go to Geebung? That's only every 30mins, so therefore the note comes in handy. It's literally a small note on the table, it's not an anomoly. It's useful information, whether you think so or not.
Also, wtf do traincrew have to do with this?! They aren't looking at these things, they have their own documents to follow

I think the frequency guides will be refined in time. This is just a start.

The main feedback I have is that some of it is overly precise. Like "3-9 minute frequency". Below 10 minutes the exact frequency is not that helpful, so I would just use "every 5 minutes or better", or "every 10 minutes or better" as the categories there.

In terms of showing which stations are frequent and which are not, again it is a bit debatable. Sure, someone might be going to or from Geebung, but this is also assuming that the passenger is NOT going to another station on a completely different line. Then what?

I do think we need some sort of identifier for High Frequency train stations. In time people will demand more stations be added to that category. It might be agreen dot sticker next to the station sign or something similar to the zone marker.

Quote from: Verbatim 9October 13, 2024, 09:36:53 AM
It's all changing in about a year anyway so hopefully there will be feedback from the regular public to fix up those anomalies.

It's meant to be a frequency guide for tourists and locals which is consistent at any stop despite the mode. It's not meant to be a frequency guide for train crew. 😂

Frequency is for the stop or station you are at not the station you are not at.

I also haven't seen such anomalies in other jurisdictions here in Australia and overseas when it comes to frequency guides.

In regards to V9's post, I didn't see anything where V9 suggested that these diagrams were meant for traincrew. Quite the opposite. The original post clearly says NOT in it.

:lo
Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

HappyTrainGuy

So what about people that catch the trains west from Darra/Oxley where these signs are also located?

If they are changing to another line then there are details at the interchange station ie Roma Street/Central. If someone gets on at Oxley and gets off at Geebung then at Geebung they can see the details there.

If people here are being this pedantic over where trains go on a map then trains should only display Roma Street or Bowen Hills on the desto. To hell with anyone wanting to go beyond. They can fend for themselves when they get closer to Roma Street-Bowen Hills and we can have more announcements saying what the train will become. Hell even better let's just give everyone a paper MTP.  You thought broadsheets were big haha.

As a side note like many other times before lets watch everyone avoid or gloss over the actual reason they are there eg to help those travelling beyond the inner sections.

JimmyP

QuoteIn regards to V9's post, I didn't see anything where V9 suggested that these diagrams were meant for traincrew. Quite the opposite. The original post clearly says NOT in it.

Uh, V9 was one who randomly brought up traincrew for no apparent reason. Nobody beforehand had said anything about traincrew until V9 did, so that argument was called out fpr the BS that it is.

🡱 🡳