• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

How to fix travel along Beaudesert Rd

Started by achiruel, May 02, 2022, 16:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

achiruel

I've been having a look at travel options along Beaudesert Rd recently, and it seems for such a major corridor, the bus routes are extremely disjointed. Travelling from somewhere like Acacia Ridge to Browns Plains is far more complicated (IMO) than it needs to be. For example, the current JP advice is to take a 150 to Fruitgrove, train to Coopers Plains, then walk 2163m (too far for many/most people).

The primary routes that cover Beaudesert Rd are:

Between Ipswich Rd & Evans Rd: 110, 115 (M-F daytime only) 124 (no service Sunday nights), 125 (no service Sunday night) & 117 (M-F daytime only).
Between Evans Rd Metroad 2: 110, 115, 117
Between Metroad 2 and Sussex Rd: 117
Between Sussex Rd and Elizabeth St: NIL
Between Elizabeth St and Bradman St: 126 (very limited service, infrequent weekdays daytime only with up to 3 hour service gaps)
Between Bradman St and Algester Rd: NIL
Between Algester Rd and Compton Rd: 130
Between Compton Rd and Browns Plains: 140, P141, 145 (+ 150 south of Honeysuckle Way, 153 between Honeysuckle and Illaweena St)

I might have missed a couple of minor routes, but I don't think they're a big deal.

So the inner section north of Evans Rd is reasonbaly well serviced (except for on Sunday nights), if a little illegible, as I think 110/115 only serve two of nine stops in that section, so you'd need to go to one of them for a decent service.

South of there to Compton Rd is a mishmash of routes, frequencies, and sections that are just completely unserviced.

South of Compton Rd (4 bph) and particularly south of Honeysuckle Way (8 bph) is good to very good.

I toyed with the idea of a route from Yeerongpilly Station to Browns Plains via Beaudesert Rd but the problem is it leads to a massive amount of duplication on both the inner (north of Evans Rd) and outer (south of Compton Rd) sections of Beaudsert Rd.

Am I beating a dead horse here, and there's really no need for this at all?

Jonno

T12 (probably should connect to Browns Plains)

Network Doodling v4

aldonius

Long term, of course, there's the train line.

🡱 🡳