• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Cancellations on the increase?

Started by Mozz, October 15, 2008, 18:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mozz

Was on Platform 5 today around 3.45pm and there were three cancellations announced one then a minute wait, then another, then a minute wait then another, Airtain, then Doomben, then Nambour. Does anyone know or care to speculate as to what happened, or is happening?

stephenk

I think they are on the rise again. I started this thread about 6 days ago http://backontrack.org/mbs/index.php?topic=1393.0 after Mitchelton trains were cancelled on consecutive days.
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2007 - 7tph
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2010 - 4tph
* departures from Central between 16:30 and 17:30.

Derwan

I was on platform 6 at around 4:25 when a Petrie train was due.  An announcement came over that the next service to Petrie would be an all-stations Caboolture service (i.e. the Petrie service was cancelled).  That's at least 4 in one afternoon.  Platform 5 was packed so there may have been a cancellation of an Ipswich line service as well.

As well as the % of services on time, QR needs to report on the number of services cancelled each day!
Website   |   Facebook   |  Twitter

ozbob

There are a few comments concerning cancellations in this article.

Brisbane mX 16 October 2008 page 2

Ticket sales on the go

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

stephenk

On the subject of Bob's last comment in the newspaper article, on London Underground you can claim back the full single fare if your journey is delayed more than 15mins.
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2007 - 7tph
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2010 - 4tph
* departures from Central between 16:30 and 17:30.

🡱 🡳