• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

New SMU 260 - 280 / IMU 160 - 180 series sightings

Started by yobborobbo21, October 05, 2008, 19:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnz

14 SMUs and 6 IMUs in the "3rd batch". 

It follows the first/second batches of 44 units all up (22 SMUs/22 IMUs).
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

ozbob

SMU 270/271 have been sighted in revenue service last week.

8)
Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X   Mastodon  BlueSky

O_128

Can someone tell me why some guards insist on still saying the next station  some of them will let the auto voice say the next station before they repeat and say what side the platfom is on this is incredibly annoying especially the 2 beeps that happen if it concerns them that much jsut include int he auto voice as well as busway stations
"Where else but Queensland?"

ozbob

SMU 270/271  Ferny Grove service around 4.20pm this afternoon at Roma St.

8)

ozbob

Came in on the 7.43 ex Oxley this morning.  SMU 270/271, was very full too!  DS 5.

:-c

Cheers
Bob

mufreight

SMU 271/270 sighted at South Brisbane 7.34am on an airport service closely followed by a 100 series IMU set on a Ferny Grove Service ex Beenleigh, a brilliant rostering of equipment as was the IMU set rostered out of Darra to Bowen Hills the same morning.

mufreight

1-6-09, SMU 263/265 on 2.40pm Caboolture service ex Ipswich

Derwan

I was surprised to see 274 at Mayne this afternoon!  It was sitting inline with 272.  There was another x60 series train behind them - possibly 273.

Time for another service to be added to the timetable!
Website   |   Facebook   |  Twitter

ozbob

The sweeper 6.37 am today (3rd June) ex Oxley was SMU 269/264!

;)

ozbob

Onboard 4.12 Redbank ex Roma St SMU266/262.

:-c

O_128

is there soemthing wrong with smu 268 and 266 as yesterdauy the guard insisted on announicng the stations himself much to my and every othere passengers displeasuer that beeping is the most annoyign thing in the WORLD
"Where else but Queensland?"

Mozz

Woohoo on the 271 the 7.43am from oxley passenger loading is a very solid 4 as around 250 people got on at Oxley.

ozbob

Sunday 21st June, track closure between Rosewood and Corinda, but early Sunday morning noted SMUs between Corinda, CBD and Caboolture.

I travelled on SMU 266 / 272  on a special service to the 'Valley' that left Corinda at 6.14am.  Detrained at Taringa.

Subsequently boarded SMU  268 to travel to  Roma St on a Caboolture service.

:P

ozbob

Came in on SMU271/270 this morning, 6.25am Bowen Hills ex Oxley.

8)

Derwan

Saw 275 at Mayne on Friday afternoon!   ;D

mufreight

3/7/09  269/265 sighted at Wacol 12.41pm on Ipswich service 12.05pm ex Central

Derwan

Saw 272 in revenue service on Sunday.

We know that 274 and 275 are sitting at Mayne - and have heard that 279 is also there (at the CRG meeting).  We'll hopefully see some additional services added soon - although we are also aware that they're using the additional units to allow them to catch up on the maintenance backlog.

ozbob

Presently on board SMU267 / 261 the 4.12 Redbank from Roma St (plat 5 instead of 8 ).  A late running ICE through plat 8 has held up the 4.08 Ipswich.  So for a change the Redbank 'flyer' is running ahead of the Ipswich service which is running on the main, so a lot of punters having to change platforms ahead of the Ipswich service.  A lot of bemused punters on 8 at Roma St watched the 4.12 depart from platform 5 ...

stephenk

Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2007 - 7tph
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2010 - 4tph
* departures from Central between 16:30 and 17:30.

Derwan

Another trip to Maryborough on the weekend.

Completed 278 was sitting outside EDI Rail.

I think Kevin must've got numbers mixed up or received incorrect information - as a single carriage of 279 was also sitting outside EDI Rail.

273 was also sitting outside EDI Rail.  There have been various sightings of 273. Arnz mentioned that it was at Mayne back in March.  Someone else saw it at Maryborough West prior to my sighting of it at Maryborough station back in April.  This confused me at first as it means that it went backwards!  But now that it's outside EDI Rail it makes sense - and sounds like it had to be returned to EDI Rail for some reason.

For those interested, they're now up to 8312 in the Pacific National Loco's.

ozbob

SMU 271 / 266 Down service Darra 9.34am

Photographs R Dow 19th July 2009

ozbob

On board 5.06 pm ex Central / IPS  SMU 262 / 267,  last carriage.

8)

ozbob

Track closure Corinda to Rosewood 25 - 26 July 2009.

Extras running Corinda to Fortitude Valley between the timetabled hourly services early Sunday morning.

I travelled on a 7.13am extra to the Valley, SMU 267 / 262.  I checked the desto on arrival at Roma St, showed City

Photograph R Dow 26th July 2009

mufreight

SMU 264/270 sighted at Darra on 10.35 am Ipswich service ex Central
SMU 263/261 sighted at Corinda running the 11.35 am Ipswich service ex Central.

ButFli

263/261 were on the 4:08PM (at Roma St) Ipswich Service this afternoon.

mufreight

sighted 266/267 on 11.41am Caboolture service ex Ipswich

ozbob

Sighted SMU268 everywhere today.  Was running empty apparently all over!  First saw it at Oxley (down) around 8.27am, then saw it pass through Park Road around 9.50am and then saw it again passing through Fortitude Valley around 12noon or so.  No pax and not stopping, just out for a tour of network by the looks of things.  ???

mufreight

3-8-09 sighted SMU 266/263 on Cleveland service 1.48pm ex Central

Arnz

Just a report on SMU273. 

It was in Brisbane a few months ago on test runs.  But it was reported via Railpage.com.au that it was flooded out when it returned to Maryborough, hence the delay of that unit.
Rgds,
Arnz

Unless stated otherwise, Opinions stated in my posts are those of my own view only.

david

Spotted SMU 275/276 at terminating at Corinda at 11:12am this morning.

Derwan

Returned from Maryborough this evening.  Popped by EDI Rail this morning.  Saturday is always a quick check as they operate on Saturdays and there are workers all over the place that give you funny looks if you're near the trains even though it's a public street.

Anyway - 279 looks complete and was sitting in one of the new sheds.  Two carriages of 281 were sitting outside.  Completed Perth set was also outside.

It would appear that trains are being moved to Brisbane fairly quickly once complete - unlike the first of the new SMU's that sat at Maryborough station for a while.

Sunbus610

Quote from: Derwan on August 22, 2009, 23:28:57 PM
Returned from Maryborough this evening.  Popped by EDI Rail this morning.  Saturday is always a quick check as they operate on Saturdays and there are workers all over the place that give you funny looks if you're near the trains even though it's a public street.

Anyway - 279 looks complete and was sitting in one of the new sheds.  Two carriages of 281 were sitting outside.  Completed Perth set was also outside.

It would appear that trains are being moved to Brisbane fairly quickly once complete - unlike the first of the new SMU's that sat at Maryborough station for a while.
Thanks for the update there Derwan. I've seen SMU277 sitting in the yard at Mayne for about a fortnight now.
Proud to be a Sunshine Coaster ..........

mufreight

24-8-09 SMU 272/262 1.35pm Ipswich service ex Central

stephenk

Quote from: Sunbus610 on August 23, 2009, 20:18:20 PM
Thanks for the update there Derwan. I've seen SMU277 sitting in the yard at Mayne for about a fortnight now.

It's been there for at least 5 weeks!
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2007 - 7tph
Evening peak service to Enoggera* 2010 - 4tph
* departures from Central between 16:30 and 17:30.

ozbob

Been reported elsewhere that SMU 273/278  have been moved to Mayne?  Anyone seen them?

:P

mufreight

26-8-09 SMU 265/269 2.359m Ipswich servuce ex Central.
Windows pretty badly vandalised in midle care of 265 set.

mufreight

28-8-09 268/270 Caboltutre service ex Ipswich 9.40am,
traveled in 270 windows already scratched up on this set and one seat noticed had been slashed.

p858snake

The other morning, wednesdayish, leaving ferny grove at 7:15 heading towards Cleveland if I remember where my train goes.

Arriving and leaving FG station a couple of times on Thursday afternoon after approx 4:30ish

Derwan

Another trip to Maryborough - again on Saturday so I didn't stick around for long.

There were a number of individual cars around EDI Rail.  I only saw the number on one of them - 282.  No sign of 279 (that I saw last thie) at EDI, Maryborough or Maryborough West, so I'd say it's in Brisbane.

There were also plenty of cars for Perth - including an entire 3-car set.  Looks like busy times at EDI Rail.

Hopefully I'll get up there on a Sunday sometime (when no one is around) and I'll take a few photos.

p858snake

SM7265: ? -> Ferny Grove (Arriving approx: 5:55pm).

🡱 🡳