• Welcome to RAIL - Back On Track Forum.

Improving public transport accessibility

Started by ozbob, May 02, 2018, 06:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

verbatim9

Even though I like Bombardier's Trains; Alstom Trains are very well laid out to what I have experienced and their Trams as well. It's just an unfortunate case that Bombardier's brand has been tarnished in Qld due to premilary designed specs from TMR and Union intervention when the trains were put into service. I am sure Bombardier's trains meet international Disability standards in other jurisdictions as well as the company innovating to improve access for the whole general travelling public to their Trains and Trams.

#Metro

Unfortunately, I think that is a major oversight from the company's side which they are now paying for. Company should not have accepted the design request on the grounds that it wouldn't be compliant.

Negative people... have a problem for every solution. Posts are commentary and are not necessarily endorsed by RAIL Back on Track or its members.

red dragin

Quote from: #Metro on May 02, 2018, 20:39:58 PM
Unfortunately, I think that is a major oversight from the company's side which they are now paying for. Company should not have accepted the design request on the grounds that it wouldn't be compliant.

True. Whilst we built to the plans is a valid defence, it doesn't stop the brand being tarnished.

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

ozbob

Half baked projects, have long term consequences ...
Ozbob's Gallery Forum   Facebook  X  Threads  Mastodon  BlueSky

🡱 🡳